Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

If she really wants to go as a Jedi, there's actually one with only one arm. Tenel Ka, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Benny the Snake posted:

That is really, really good.

Content:

Prince Robot IV (Saga)

Assuming that's the guy I saw at HeroesCon in Charlotte a few weeks back, his screen actually worked and changed to show different images every so often.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fAZxSkfRo

Sneaky Zebra does Comic Con. There are some great costumes in here and, uh, McPantserton, is that you at 2:39?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Do you have a link to that? I can't seem to find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP0zRvy6gBw

Here you go! It was done by D Piddy, everyone's favorite dancing Deadpool.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
The Inquisitorial PJs don't look so bad in real life.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Polish posted:

I am going to be working Monster Mania this weekend as a staff member. Not quite sure what I'll be doing yet. I've never been to a con much less worked one and the only thing I really know about them is from the internet and this thread. Should I expect drunk smelly goons in costumes trying to touch me or what the hell goes on at these things?

I will probably be taking lots of pictures at least.

Why would they want to touch you?

Seriously, though, the cons I've been to were no different from any other large gathering of people I've been in. There's just more Spartans and catgirls.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Apprentice Dick posted:

For some reason this looks really strange to me. Her arm and waist down just look photoshopped in a terrible way to me.

I've seen other photos of her and unless they were all photoshopped, that's just how she looks. God gave her a gift, and that gift was to be able to cosplay Power Girl perfectly.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

VendaGoat posted:

Considering it's Grant, I think his folks are glad he sleeps with a human. :v:

I think that's literally his girlfriend in the picture.

Which, y'know, may be the joke but you can never be too careful with something like that :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Yeah Gaiman has some strange opinions sometimes. Like, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell is a good book but his jacket quote for it calls it the greatest English fantasy novel of the last fifty years or something insane like that.

And in a world where Terry Pratchett existed, that just couldn't be true.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Okay FAI, we get it, you hate the Dutch :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Troll is the part of that image that always baffles me the most. I just...I want to know what was going through his head when he completed that and apparently decided it was fine.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

VendaGoat posted:

:stare:

Women's boobs are now made of Jello Pudding. Also, monoboob - Graphic DesignerIgnite Memories

To be fair, if I recall correctly that was a bug that was only affecting players on the right side of the screen. If you were the other player and picked Chun Li she looked normal.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

McPantserton posted:

Sometimes when I'm having an exceptionally bad day I re-read those 40 worst Rob Liefeld listicles and it really does help

RIP Progressive Boink.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is that Mark Meer? He shouldn't have asked Morinth "We'll bang, okay?"

Not only that, but I think that's the facial model for Morinth/Samara. She loves cosplaying as Samara and it's honestly a little unsettling to see because she, y'know, is Samara. It'd be like Mark Vanderloo wearing N7 armor.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

dumb. posted:

Dancing + nerdy stuff... without looking it up I have $5 that says that's Nathan Barnatt.

Pretty sure it's D. Piddy.

Granted, they may be the same person. I've never heard D. Piddy's real name.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Costume is amazing but looks so wrong under blue sunny skies. :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

The Repo Man posted:

They need to make things super creepy to let people know how manly they are in a misguided attempt to appear funny. It's just how it is. Post cosplay.

Here is a person attempting to cosplay an Atlas from BattleTech/Mechwarrior

The friendliest Steiner Scout.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I also saw those Space Wolves at GenCon. The photos don't do the costumes justice.

Of course, the photos don't include the loud creaky thumps they made as they walked, so I guess it evens out :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

This is really wonderful, especially the dude who had gotten a photo with Clark Gregg the previous year :3:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

poptart_fairy posted:

Both contribute nothing but copy pasted stuff from other websites. :shrug:

LoB actually somehow manages to respond to people with what he posts.

Snatch Duster just lets his problems with women fly free.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Wait, that's 3D printed? How does it get rid of the wafer look?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Is it some kind of rule that women cosplaying that character need Crazy Eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

DumbparameciuM posted:

Weird that they'd have a Darwin, but not an Eliza, right?

I've seen that group with an Eliza before. She must just not have been around for that photo.

• Locked thread