Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

President Ark posted:

It looks creepy at poo poo - the photo is at the exact right size that her eyes have no color or whites at all so it looks like there's just holes in her face.

you're just not looking close enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that Frozen picture still creeps me the gently caress out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pony Khil posted:

Oh this looks like an epic slasher film in the making.....from the producers of "Scream" comes the new film....."Blind Mice" three times the horror coming this fall..

I can already tell you're going to go on to do great things here, friend

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

10Tackles posted:

I saw this at Glasgow Comicon. No idea if Nightmare Sonic is a thing or if she made it up herself, but it haunts me still.

it's sonic.exe cosplay and it is legitimately the stupidest possible thing i can imagine being cosplayed seriously

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I just have to say that if you are offended by blackface then you should also be offended when a person dresses as, for example, mishon (sp) they wear a dread lock wig. They both aren't natural to your genetics. I have no problem when a person tries to make them self resemble a character out of respect. The reason old style blackface is offensive is because it was done in a form of mockery. By continuing to take offense to things that don't deserve it you perpetuate that negative connotation. What happened in America is wrong, but eventually we have to move on and realize what is actually racist.

If you see someone dancing around with big lips and a watermelon feel free to punch them in the face. But don't hate on people trying to represent their idol. Or at least understand that just because some people did something very wrong doesn't mean everyone else is also wrong.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

really i just wanna know why whenever you tell a white guy why they shouldn't do a thing they write an essay about why they should totally be allowed to do that thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Nope not stupid. It was a rough example that I made at three in the morning with other things on my mind. I know this is SA, but you people dont have to be such dicks all the time. And some of your reactions are pretty laughable. "You can't dress as someone of another race, even if you keep you costume to clothing items." Ya, OK!

How about this. If a white boy with bright blonde hair wants to dress up as afro samurai, and wears a black afro wig. Is this offensive? It isn't his natural hair color, and he is using it to depict someone clearly of another race. Im sure you could find many examples of old racist with big red lips and a fro. I'll admit that hair can be altered more easily to look many different ways, but I dont see the difference when speaking purely on cosplay.

Or how about when a white woman puts on fake tanner to make herself a darker shade she couldn't naturally achieve. Is that offensive? She is wearing a skin tone that isnt natural to her, but is for many others. This is imo a very close example to a cosplayer respectfully dressing up as someone of another race. This example lady is wearing her new shade with pride, while not using it to humiliate or shame others. She actively wants this to be how others see her. Any form of makeup that alters your tone falls in this area too. Even if only to a minor degree. You could even go the opposite way when someone puts on a lighter shade for the same purpose. You are depicting yourself as something you are not, while there are other actual humans who do look that way.

The only reason Blackface is so taboo is because actual racists used it to further hate and ignorance. While a cosplay is used to embrace and celebrate. Maybe we arent in the right place as a society yet. Racisim is very much alive and well in America and around the world. I personally will never use makeup to alter my skin tone, nor am I advocating for others to do so. I think that this total opposition without questioning why it is this way furthers the legacy of an old racist society by demonizing something that by itself shouldn't be offensive. People should spend their energy where actual racism lives, rather than shaming some teens for dressing as their favorite fantasy character.

But I'm done riding this derail. This isn't very important to my daily life, and I am just here to look at cool costumes. Please, dont be an rear end, and post pictures of modern day blackface or anything else your little minds can come up with. This isn't me advocating anything. This me trying to have a reasonable discussion on the thought process of society. This is definitely not the thread, and will be all I say.

Alouicious posted:

really i just wanna know why whenever you tell a white guy why they shouldn't do a thing they write an essay about why they should totally be allowed to do that thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that's just silly how can a hologram hold a gun

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

:stare:
I know this. It's a book cover. What is it?!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Did we as a thread really just ignore the people mocking a woman and calling her names just because she said that she shouldn't be thought of as a lesser person just because she wasn't ashamed of her sexuality?

i dunno, do you feel like getting probated for talking about things

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i bet his butt isn't nearly sculpted enough to be old snake

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, because sex is gross (when chicks do it). Any woman who is sexualized in pop culture has some major issues or is just jerk-off material for dudes. No way a lady would want to be sexy because it's enjoyable. Those chicks who cosplay sexy characters, they're so oppressed! It's not like they had a choice! Please, would some white knight come save these innocent, pure women from their suffering?

fuckin laffo

Alaois has a new favorite as of 12:26 on Mar 19, 2015

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

*sees a picture taken with a dutch angle*

*literally cannot comprehend the image without tilting his head*

goons are dogs, confirmed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Vincent Brooks is literally just wearing underwear? I mean the horns are cool and all. I guess I have no idea what Vincent Brooks is... Better fire up the ol' google.

he's from the Atlus game Catherine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bat guano

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TheChaosPath posted:

My skin just crawled completely off my body

i know, i'm scared of jokes too, its why i post in pyf

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

Pikachu is a mouse anyway.
:goonsay:

actually its a pika

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rodbeard posted:

It's a false cognate pikachu literally translates to lightning mouse

you do know how much the japanese loving adore puns right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*shoves cats head into a bucket of paint* I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU, MR. SCRUNCHES

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

starkebn posted:

I'd appreciate it more if she posed like an action hero. Bombshells probably get more likes though.

considering 99% of comic book art, she is in an action hero pose

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DID I MENTION SHE HAS HUGE BAPS

THE FACT THAT SHE HAS HUGE BAPS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS CONVERSATION

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

foxatee posted:

Apparently "monitor head cosplay" is a thing. Doesn't have to be any particular character-- just dump a monitor on your head. It's part of the "object head cosplay" thing, I guess.

isn't that a Saga thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

She doesn't. Spider-Woman doesn't actually web sling. She can climb walls, is super strong/tough, and can shoot energy blasts, but no webs.
:goonsay:

and if the writer is feeling particularly creepy (and it's comic books so that's always), she has ~pheromones~

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im spider womans foot-deep butt cleavage

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Samuel posted:

I wonder why nobody has filled the female comic book readers market it's like millions of dollars are just being refused to be collected. :smugjones:

Eh close enough:

I mean, we'd never see spiderman in any abnormal poses right?...

I´m glad you voiced your concerns, but as a man of questionable sexuality I disagree.

dont burn urself on those takes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

abs are often not symmetrical

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they were staring at her vagina you loving rubes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who gives a poo poo you sperg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you look at the actual article it's pretty clear that not all of them are things that are actually said to them, just the creepiest experiences they've had while cosplaying at a con.

you drooling loving morons

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Jesus christ Alouicious it was a joke

MUCH

YOUR

POSTING

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no 8-inch butt cleave, 2/10

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

10 Beers posted:

Even after 112 pages, it's still difficult for people to say what character a person is supposed to be.

totoro

like, 2 seconds upon seeing it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

10 Beers posted:

Well, that's great for you. I've never seen Totoro, so I've no idea.

Also, I feel I should say I'm not calling out Say Anything. There are a lot of costumes posted that I've no idea who they are most comic/movie stuff I've got a solid line on, but Manga and anime I'm lost. I'd just like frame of reference is all.

that's cool, nobody gives a poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THEY'S ALLS IN COMAS!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Someone should do this, but with that guy from Deadly Premonitions or whatever that game was.

SHAAAUUUUN

literally the same person from the same game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nobody cares what you masturbate to

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BEEP BOOP, WHAT IS YOUR GENDER CATEGORY?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

would pay for DLC Snake Booty Shorts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

My understanding is that Liefeld churns out lots of work quickly and reliably and comics publishers love him for that.

except when he was part of Image comics then he was missing deadlines by a country mile

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

picture not taken on a train, 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I think he was asking who the individual doing the cosplay was.

Anyway, have some vehicular cosplay:

as powerful as a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a NERF ball

• Locked thread