Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trast posted:

She's a woman. I know a lot of goons haven't seen one before but it's just blue paint.

This "woman" stuff doesn't even have a listing in the SAclopedia

I call bullshit. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was wondering if anyone had done a genderbent Comedian + Silk Spectre couple so I went GISing and this popped up ...

:suicide:

I also heard about but didn't find photos of a mother & son who went to a convention dressed as Silk Spectre and the Comedian, which is hosed up in a different way.

And to answer my initial question, there's a SHITLOAD of genderbent Comedians out there (Comediennes?) and most of the other Watchmen characters as well:

Oh Rorscach-san, you're so kawaii!! :syoon:
But out of all the genderswapped Watchmen groups I saw I couldn't find even a single dude who'd been prepared to dress up as a male Silk Spectre. I'm disappointed but I can't say I'm at all surprised.

Oh hey, I also found a Rorschach with meat cleaver doggie:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fucknag posted:

I think she nailed the character.

I'm not sure that being really good at portraying a psychopathic murderer/rapist is actually a praiseworthy achievement. :raise:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hitler cosplay is adorable.

Observe:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Deltasquid posted:

Second row from the top, second from the left. Is that some facepalming power ranger-esque guy? Because that guy rocks.

Cuniculous posted:

It's amazing how thin they all seem to be.

Japanese men are often pretty skinny.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

My favourite part is Supergirl in the back going "D'AWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
She could probably pull that off but her costume sucks and her hair's totally the wrong colour.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

Well now that you mention it I've never actually seen Kaylee and Jewel Staite in the same room together....

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The trick to putting together a really effective Kaylee costume is A) cuteness and B) accessories. This kid is doing it right:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

veedubfreak posted:

I question how many of those are actually dudes. I'm guessing at least 50%.

I'm going to assume it's 100%

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DoctorWhat posted:

EDIT: Hell, there are some very loud internet Who fans who get, like, profoundly upset at any "negativity", real or percieved, about Doctor Who.

He's so sad and lonely and majestic, we must protect him!! :argh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Aug 16, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The real risk of that Robbie costume is that all the people who aren't aware of the show will just assume you're a furry

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Aug 20, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That being said, if you could post maybe more of an actual shot of the costume and less like Buu's Glamour Shot gone wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MooCowlian posted:

Cosplaying as Jimmy Saville is probably not a good idea.

Australian Football players have a tradition of dressing up on 'Mad Monday' to celebrate the end of the season or something and this year two of them decided to dress as Rolf Harris and victim:

Last year a player set fire to a dwarf, in 2010 a player was photographed in a 'compromising position' with a teammate's dog and in 2008 a player dressed up as Hitler.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

Well, jinkies!

Wrong wig, clothes not correct, that's a 3/10 at best. :colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
No freckles??? 2/10 :mad:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

joat mon posted:

I CAN GET ALL THE TAIL I WANT

If you can borrow your mom's credit card, sure.
https://www.etsy.com/market/tail_butt_plug
:nws:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Boomerjinks posted:

She's a taxidermist.

So she ripped him apart and put him back together again? Points for authenticity right there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Now he just needs someone dressed as every Helena Bonham Carter to accompany him everywhere.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DeadBonesBrook posted:

A friend of mine is going as Hodor from Game of Thrones for Halloween and we are trying to find out the exact name for the style of clothing/outfit he is wearing in this picture to get it as close as possible

Sneak into Shaquille O'Neal's house and steal one of his turtleneck sweaters and you're done.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dick Trauma posted:

"Legends of the Superheroes"

There's a few snippets of it kicking around youtube, like the intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2EvhTAer8

And then there's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Dv83BM_5w

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The first ever known cosplay at a con:

quote:

1939: Forrest J. Ackerman, perhaps the greatest fan of science fiction who ever lived, attended the first ever World Science Fiction Convention, or Worldcon, in “futuristicostume.” Ackerman “strode the streets looking like a proto-superhero” speaking Esperanto with his friend and the designer of his costume, Myrtle Douglas. He was the first sci-fi fan to attend a conference in costume.

People have been cosplaying at scifi cons for seventy five years.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Haha, I admire his level of commitment. low

I actually can't tell whether he just chucked together a lovely costume in an afternoon or he spent weeks researching, discussing and working on a costume that recreates the shittiness of the character's costume to an amazingly accurate degree.

That kid is so unimpressed. "Why are you making me pause for a photo next to the scruffy nerd? Oh he's who?? Ha yeah right, we just saw twelve people in the hall who looked more like Harry Potter than this guy. He doesn't even have a lightning scar FFS."

Edit: "And his Jango Fett costume isn't even the right colour!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Locator posted:

I have no idea how I'd locate someone else in my city that would be interested in the same hobby that I have, let alone something this specific.

Just dress up in your favourite costume and hang out on street corners, you're sure to randomly discover some costuming buddies that way. Or set off a massive police search, I dunno.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

Girl Link is best Link!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

And here's some really accurate Links

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

King Vidiot posted:

It must be awesome to be both a pop culture nerd who's into cosplay and someone who looks almost identical to a particular actor from a "geeky" show or movie.

Well unless you hate that show and you really want to cosplay as a different character but no matter how good you make your costume everyone always says "Hey you look like ____ you should totally come as ____ next year!"
That'd be pretty annoying.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ishamael posted:

Hey guys I found the best cosplay of Han Solo

A white shirt and a vest is the most :effort: attempt I've ever seen at cosplaying, that costume sucks. :colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dobby

Bulbasaur

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://vimeo.com/113298946

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
An old photo from Halloween but I only just saw it

http://instagram.com/p/u1J6-juOHD/

:3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samuel posted:

I think once professional costumers and make up artists start getting involved it ceases to be cosplay.

But then we have to throw out all the professional cosplayers as well ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Taeke posted:

I can sort of see it with the right foot, and of course the underwear showing, but the rest of the picture just doesn't click for me as anything other than a drawing. That's really, really amazing and baffling.

Here's some behind the scenes photos with natural shadows where it's a lot easier to see the work they put into the effect.

• Locked thread