Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
For some reason, that guy looks like Bruce Willis to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently a whole bunch of people got photos with this Spiderman cosplayer at Comicon today and had no idea it was actually Daniel Radcliffe

Interview

I'm not sure why I find this so drat cool, but it is.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
It's not Easy Pete from New Vegas, is it?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
OK, seriously, if you want to cosplay a black character, go for it. You put in effort, it'll look pretty drat cool regardless of how pasty white you are. But how hard is it to...not do blackface?

Like, I don't even think "don't cosplay outside your skin tone" is true at all. Cosplay whoever the gently caress you want. If you want to shave your head, put on an eyepatch and trenchcoat, and go as White Nick Fury, I'm personally going to think that's fine, I'm not going to call it appropriation (which is totally a thing, but I don't think it really applies to cosplay)

But loving seriously, there is literally never a situation where blackface even approaches being appropriate.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

I actually like this a lot because it's spot on, but you do know that White Nick Fury was a thing long before Black Nick Fury right? The character has been white and around since WWII comics when he led the "Howling Commandos."

I did, but it slipped my mind when I went searching through my brain for "a popular black character with some distinguishing features beyond 'being black'".

I don't think blackface is going to stop being offensive in my lifetime. America (and the rest of the goddamn world) still has so many issues with racism that I don't think the connotations and implications of blackface will go away until the underlying racial issues do, and that is so far from happening that I may as well wish for an X-wing. poo poo, the X-wing will probably get here first.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Use any loving costume or wig you want. Just don't change your skin color.

That's literally it. How loving hard is that?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I went to Comiket the other day.

I think this one was my favorite. Jesus cosplay.

Though this one was pretty close.

Big group of Persona cosplay makes me happy.

I have no idea.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

i mean, the camera's at the same angle between the photos. but the ANGLE of the photos is different.

The camera is always going to be at that angle, dude. Or horizontal if the picture is in landscape. Since, you know, it's the pint of view of the picture. Look at her wrists in the two pictures. The camera isn't being held the same.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

That little girl in the stroller.

"Mommy, why is Princess Elsa dressed like that?"

"Because some people are different, honey, and it's best to just keep walking and let them be."

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

Elsa is queen. Anna is the princess.

I'm a kindergarten teacher. Trust me, they call her Princess Elsa.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Another reason why Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham are the best :allears:

Oh lord, is that what they were wearing for Critical Role on Thursday? I cannot wait to catch the replay, that's going to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

davidspackage posted:

Boba Fett isn't purple though, so I assume it's a mingle of two concepts.

Might be one of the Mandalorians from the Clone Wars cartoon.

• Locked thread