Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
A request, was anyone that hangs around here at Penguicon last weekend, and got pictures of any of the cosplayers? My phone's camera sucks a big one, so it wasn't worth it for me to make an attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

This is officially my new favorite all time cosplay photo. The disdain on Grandma's face over having to sit next to Pyramid Head on the bus is so great.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

Edit:
^^ Yes, it was a fad from the 90's early 2000's. I had one when I was younger and trying so hard to be goth. I haven't seen those in ages.

I thought the same. Dude should cosplay a David Bowie next time, it would be awesome.

Or if he wants to stick to comics, he could go as Lucifer from the Sandman universe, as he was based on Bowie anyways!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Speleothing posted:

Well, I guess that's it. But I also have a specific image of a dude in a tracksuit being totally frozen as a stinger, like at the end of some 80s kids movie.

Perhaps Misfits of Science? It had the Ice Man character in it...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Insensative_Asshole posted:

That guy's tail is enormous.

It's not the size that bugs me as much as the placement. Like, it looks like it's too high up his back where it's sprouting to be at all "natural" looking and-oh god why am I debating this??

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Again, I really should be spending my time on better things, but look at your own example, the lower area of his tail's base is roughly at the same hight as the bottom of his groin. In the costume, the bottom of the base of the tail is way up on his waist. That's why it bugs me. Almost as much as it bugs me that I'm debating something DBZ related. Oh god, I've been on the internet too long.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

a kitten posted:

And reposting Delirium

I'd be so happy if you told me she had a shaved head under there and randomly changed out at some point in the day.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Athenry posted:

Shading. Its of this character

Going solely by this image, every little drawn detail on the cosplayer is just close enough that it'd be excusable as the only mistake, but when each little drawing is wrong it all just looks glaringly sloppy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Mezzanine posted:

Oh, come on. You just messed up the aspect ratio of the picture to make him look tall.

Tell that to the door.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Piccolo is so disappointed.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Reminds me of a very recent conversation with a friend when they said I was cosplaying after I showed a pic of me in the official toxic avenger mask when working at the troma booth at wondercon '11. Not exactly :effort: but still official.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Doomsayer posted:

Is that a woman in really good makeup or a dude with really great leggings?

My first instinct based on things like the cleavage showing is that it's a good mask.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

spasticColon posted:

Is she fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques? :roboluv:

Why, are you looking to Date a Data?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Hadaka Apron posted:

A proposal to change the timeslot of Simpsons reruns in Bolivia sparked a march with 2,000 protesters, some of them in costume. I like the guy dressed as Poochie about 30 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDLVV3MJqM

I...what?

what?!

A protest over a rerun timeslot??

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The Mentalizer posted:

I'm just gonna assume she's made a deal with the devil, because she sure as hell doesn't look like any 63 year old woman I've ever seen. I mean, I'm sure makeup and good lighting helps but that poo poo's only gonna go so far.

I saw her in person briefly at a con about 4 years back, sans makeup and in harsh lighting. She's a goddamn immortal.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I just assume it's X Samus and call it a day.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Erebus posted:

The sequel I've been waiting for!

haha, this game is old. When I was a kid I had I think an electronics gaming monthly magazine with an ad for this in it. It had to be 1991 at the latest.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Hremsfeld posted:

That's the Ronald McDonald version of Sephiroth, the final boss from Final Fantasy VII getting ready to square off against a Col. Sanders version of Cloud Strife, the protagonist.

Because there's always going to be someone who thinks "hey I could do that, but cooler." (spoilers: They're wrong) Not too long ago that picture made the rounds with the swords photoshopped into lightsabres, and some not so witty comment about how "I dunno what's going on here, but Japan is awesome!" or something. :jerkbag:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

bewilderment posted:

ANYWAY COSPLAY
I was curious if anyone had cosplayed this character, Nautilus from LoL. I don't think this person can move their limbs.

I kinda hope they can, but only at the shoulder socket, like a He-Man figure.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

We don't use the d-word around baby pred.

Gallery

You are one adorable Mother Lover...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It started as a technique in German films. In German, German is Deutsche. The word eventually got corrupted to "Dutch" in English.

:eng101: "Pennsylvania Dutch" came from the exact same corruption of the word and are actually Germanic in origin.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Oh great, now Belgian angles are the next big trend in cosplay photography... :rolleyes:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Patattack posted:

Hey, that's me!

Yeeeaaah...I'm gonna need you to come in on SUN-derland...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Wait, wait...is that Link's Uncle from LTTP?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin posted:

I made a Bullseye costume.

I think it looks great. If you're able to though, I'd consider redoing the mask if I were you. Lower the tops of the eyeholes, and raise the top of the nose spot. Maybe it's just me, but they're the kind of small details that feel a lot more obvious because of how on-point everything else is.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

That girl is far too attractive to be Tina Belcher. 10/10 anyway.

I couldn't think of a non-creepy way to say this, but totally agree.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I lovve how the onlookers that seem to have noticed these two all look disgusted and kinda horrified, as if they're really seeing the two characters shake hands.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The short trooper one kills me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I probably wouldn't have gone with "Smug eyebrow" as the primary mask, but even still, that's drat impressive.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Now add dutch angles and the photo will be perfect.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Years ago I got as a gift a coffee table book on painted cats. Some of them were purely artistic and colorful, some had real patterns on them (like done up to look like a pig for instance) and the commentary was ridiculous because they treated it all like top shelf art critics and that every color choice had a deep, political meaning behind it, rather than the fact that it was obvious that in some cases people just liked painting their cats. It did however mention some cases where it was very clear the cats were aware of their paint job. Most notably three cats painted different colors at some home for disabled kids or something like that. They each had matching bowls to their color, and instinctively knew which bowl matched which cat. That said, they certainly didn't seem to mind that they were a new color. If the dye is non-harmful, it isn't hurting the animal.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I really hope there was someone cosplaying as Darkseid to sit on a couch near her.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Gah, son of a bitch, she looks like someone that isn't who she's cosplaying but I can't put my finger on it.

ahem.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I would hope that thing actually works because it looks like a total bitch to walk around in weight wise.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Boat posted:

God those are THE WORST Halloween costumes.

Only the tiniest of children don't realize that a blow-molded mask and a garbage-bag poncho with a picture of the character on it is ultra :effort:

Hey man, my Peter Criss costume was the cat's pajamas in 1982.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Jason. :v: I wouldn't mind being chased by her. :v:

In my headcannon she's Angela from that one scene in Sleepaway Camp 3 where she wears a Hockey Mask and kills the kids with a chainsaw. She's got the right totally perky face for it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

It's from this https://youtu.be/tPzOkbhUTLU

Edit: trap sprung?

I am okay with this paradigm shift.

But I warn you, you're missing out not seeing that scene from Sleepaway Camp 3. Two kids are joking around with monster costumes and one says "Oh man, when she sees us, she's going to make a dookie in her pants!!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Jamie Lee Curtis and her family went to Evo 2k15

In case you didn't know, she's married to actor/director Christopher Guest, who's there as Dr B in the back.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

That and instead of having to "snarl" to bear their fangs, they just have to make a dopey overbite. Totally different body language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Or 1987. Bruce Campbell talked about how painful the all white, GLASS contacts he had to wear Evil Dead 2. Did not report a pleasant experience.

Yeah, after reading his autobio I can't help but mentally time shots before they cut away when the deadite eyes are seen for any character. They're surprisingly quick because those contacts were just absolutely unbearable for everyone.

• Locked thread