Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kwyndig posted:

Everybody asking the dumb question, so I'm going to ask the other question. Why did you dress as an electronic pinball wizard?

???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKbUm8GrbM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cleretic posted:

Careful, people. I got this avatar by talking about exactly this subject in another thread. But here goes anyway!

It's definitely different people bitching about D.Va and Widowmaker, for entirely different reasons. You can't conflate the two just because they're both women. From my perspective, Widowmaker gets justified hate for being painfully oversexualized (Not nearly to Quiet levels, but she's definitely the worst in the Overwatch roster), while D.Va gets justified hate for being just a really loving bad character.

To me, the most aggravating part of D.Va is that Blizzard don't seem to be aware that she's obnoxious and terrible. They've shown awareness and willingness to poke fun at the game's character designs elsewhere (Reaper and Junkrat especially, but most characters get some level of poo poo from other characters) but D.Va gets more love and affection in dialog than any other character by both quantity and percentage. There are more posters of her on walls of the game's maps than Lucio, and his concept is an on-tour international celebrity DJ fitting rounds in between his gigs. She's elevated to quite frankly illogical levels of adoration, and it's just insufferable.

It hurts even more because if you look at her cosmetics, you can see the core of a character that works just so much better. She's got a 'dance party' emote that's brilliantly, deliberately obnoxious and works fantastic for her, but even better than that is the alternate skins that recast her as a really low-end technician sort with a mech made out of a lovely old car. There's ways they could've made her character fantastic, but instead she's very Mary Sue-ish.

Snatch Duster, save us!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'd sate those ladies' ire, iykwim.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ballbusting fetishists rejoice.

E: while Snatch Duster is on probation, thought I'd share this cool Powerpuff Girls cosplay with you.

Wow! Got to love that Slavic vibe to the costumes. Fantastic!

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Sep 3, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

People were tweeting "Look at this offensive cosplay spotted at DragonCon!" and the DragonCon organisers apparently sent people out onto the floor to track them down and kick them out.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/911-costume-dragon-con-shows-dolls-jumping-buildin/nsSDp/

Can they do the same, but for anime?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Very good. I bet his eyes are closed behind those sunglasses, too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't care why Snatch Duster is mad, his posts are legitimately entertaining and more often than not contain actual cosplay photos. Please, let him do his thing once in a while.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

starkebn posted:

here you thirsty fucks

Halloween Witch Mercy by Tina-Kinz Cosplay
https://www.facebook.com/tinakinzcosplay/

Is this an actual cemetery? I don't think this is very respectful.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

DancingShade posted:

It's ok, I don't think that witch can actually raise the dead.

She can certainly raise something.

I mean some eyebrows due to how indecent this photoshoot is.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

VendaGoat posted:

Here thread, have some dadly cosplay as a palette cleanser
http://imgur.com/gallery/gHHew

I love that it looks more like a father and a daughter than on the actual painting.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Comics, like anime, are bad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Glagha posted:

Oh my goooood I just noticed the cup in his pants.

I've come up with a new recipe!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Okay I'm actually awake now, let's actually get this started.

What a great David Bowie dressed as Joker.

(I know it's a JoJo.)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Woah, whiteface, how insensitive.

(This guy owns, actually)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Imo, just photoshop the character's costume on your regular photo and be done with it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Capacitor posted:

My friend Jesse was told he should cosplay Kevin Matchstick from Mage

Gallery

I don't know who the character is, but your friend looks like a buff Mac from Always Sunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can we get some numbers here, people? I need to know exactly how long those legs are. I need certainty in life. Help me.

Help.

• Locked thread