Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
People were too scared to leave them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
This is me dressed as The Will from Saga, posing with a friend's painting at Motor City Comic Con

And a buddy of mine dressed as Marko at last years Gen Con

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've got two friends with dibs on Jerusalem.

What I wanna do is Herr Starr but I haven't happened upon a white suit yet.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

poo poo, I totally saw the crane game guy at Gen Con. drat, we coulda done a secret handshake or something.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Me and a bunch of my friends cosplayed the poo poo outa Gen Con this year
The Will from Saga, Cassidy from Preacher, and Hawkguy complete with 8 different trick arrows, a Pizza Dog, and a vhs tape of Dog Cop (I went bonkers on prop building for his costume)

Me as a Tracksuit Dracula

most of the Endless (can never get a Despair)

and my buddy as a somewhat spoilery Dengo

Some favorites:

Bonus Lying Ca...wait no

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Coming from someone who gets called a hipster by his friends for how "obscure" his costume choices are, sometimes it comes down to naivety.
I'm sure Robbie was thinking everyone 25 to 35 has seen Dinosaurs and not how relevant his costume was gonna be just like I was thinking "hey I'll dress like one of the most recognizable characters in one of the most award winning new comics that all my friends love" and not "do people know they make comics that aren't DC or Marvel?"

Of course being one of a hundred Clouds or a scrawny home made Batman next to a buff Alex Ross Batman would suck but honestly sometimes you just go as something you think people will enjoy seeing, and I can assure you more people enjoyed his costume than any of mine.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Coat could be Sleepy Hollow maybe.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe.

How does she get the skin tone so perfect? I must have this knowledge!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Kramjacks posted:

Everything except for her face and neck is fabric.

I had considered that but the color matching of the face to the rest is still better than 97% of what I've seen. Also didn't notice a seam on the hands and feet.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

DeusExMachinima posted:

Dragon*con has always been insanely cool about weapons. Since it's all based out of the host hotels there's no practical to check weapons coming into some center like Comic Con has. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing short of actively assaulting another person or loudly claiming your airsoft guns are real would get you into trouble. IIRC Comic-Con used to be cool (just did a check for sharp edges, that's all) but then some moron stabbed another moron in the eye with something a few years ago while fighting over a seat so that got ruined for everyone. Amazing that tens of thousands of nerds lasted so long without spoiling something though.

e: although I've never seen someone with a stringed bow though now that you've mentioned it. security might just tell them to unstring it if they see it.

Here's my roommate at Gen Con with a fully functional Bow.

(with bonus Katniss getting a piece of that sweet initiative)

We made the whole convention without so much as a peep from anyone and got about halfway through an anime con here before some security shut us down.

I made all his arrows "un-nockable" and we just kinda hoped that would be enough. Not sure what we'll do in the future (I think he's gonna be Daredevil anyway).

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Transmogrifier posted:

I would guess probably DragonCon.

Most likely, I know the Capable in the first row, most left.

She and I are from Detroit and will definitely be at that Fury Road to Thunderdome event. I'll probably be dressed like a Fallout carpet bagger.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Noggahide posted:

This is a friend of mine, he won the costume contest at TFCon.

That's amazing.
I had a powerwheelz cut up and ready to go but my costume wouldn't have looked nearly as good.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

HardDisk posted:

Love the Stormtrooper just chilling there.

He be like "space fascism? Pssht, cool story bro"

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

veedubfreak posted:

But Phasma is CHROME.

Yeah, where are all these Phasma action figures? Cause I've been looking.

And obviously you have to wait for the second movie before the "new Boba Fett" can leave her mark.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

These are some real human beings.

And real heroes.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

Whatever this is

It's a Robo-Matic

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I don't know if anyone is at Gen Con right now but I got like 10 street level Marvel heroes in my group and we're about to join the parade. Stop by, say hi, we can talk about stairs. I'll be Iron Fist.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

If only this forum had a way to not show posts from obnoxious posters?

Seriously though, this thread is so much better with him blocked.

I've never blocked anyone before, it's great!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

ewiley posted:

I can't unsee a fat green penis in the middle of the face :(

That's probably why they changed it for the re-release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Suikoden III cosplay

Back row: Sasarai, Geddoe, Hugo, Chris (armor), Chris (civilian)
Front row: Sarah, Luc, Leknaat, Thomas

Not enough characters.

• Locked thread