Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god just thinking about having to wear a facial prosthetic all day makes me want to scream, I can't imagine how anybody does it.

That said, that's a great Bard outfit, and kudos to her for including a game accurate hairstyle.

She's literally a professional wig stylist. She did the red/black knight wig too, her wigs are legit beyond my comprehension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

TheChaosPath posted:

Especially considering that if McPantserson is willing to spend a year and a day building a robot suit, they should be willing to spend a year and a day not eating sugar

She, and do not use me as an excuse to shame people for having a hobby with the body that they have.

E. I'm a way faster builder than that as well, and I will consume as much or as little garbage as I want while I do it.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Patattack posted:

Obviously it's fine to critique *anyone's* cosplay from a technical standpoint, say "this doesn't fit you properly" or whatever. What I'm taking issue with is the concept (which has been restated more than once in the past couple of pages) that you should pick a cosplay that is quote-unquote "appropriate" for your body type. Anyone should feel free to dress up as whoever they want regardless of their size, gender, race, etc. Sure, a bigger person should make sure that their costume fits them well, but if they want to dress up as Tifa or Quiet or whatever, more fuckin' power to them! It's not anyone else's business to say "I don't like the way you look in that costume" purely because of their body type.

Completely agree. 99% of the time nobody's paying me to do this poo poo, I don't owe anybody anything. I'm not sure why I got dragged into this by name because I don't cosplay to body type basically ever (which is good because I'm a pretty chubby lady), I pick whatever the gently caress I want and make it.

But you know. Here's a costume that I am in loving love with by RedRock Cosplay And Props. This thing is just indescribably insane.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Jedit posted:

McP is the reason why this is the only picture thread where a woman comes in, posts pictures of herself, and everyone yells "Woo yeah baby! Put some more clothes on!"

Truly the proudest moment in my cosplay career!

Hilariously enough, I accidentally made my Diablo costume so cleavagey and push up-y you can see underboob in the middle. Even I am not immune. :v:

But then, I'm finishing up this fine lady in a week or so for a Kalahari bikini con so what do I know

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Perfect timing, my friend Vontography just posted a new photo of my Diablo costume from this summer :v: Personally I think it's my breast costume yet

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

starkebn posted:

Looks pretty cool. Your breasts don't really fit in the "cup holders" though

Does the staff light up?

They fit well enough, weirdo. And yes it does, both on the top and the bottom gem.

E. And no. I'm not in the business of telling photographers who shoot with me for fun how to edit their own poo poo.

E2. Jfc dude

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Nov 8, 2016

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I still post in this garbage fire because I love cosplay and I like to share. I know what I'm getting myself into. More or less.

starkebn posted:

Yeah, fuckit - I wont give any feed back because that's obviously not what's wanted

Well here's the thing, I didn't really ask you for feedback and I don't agree with what you said. I did end up with *more* center cleavage than I intended but the cups fit me fine. Which I know better than you, because I've worn it. And your critique of my photog airbrushing my neck is, tbh, really just you talking about my neck because while he did airbrush me some, that's just what I look like. I'm a fluffy woman and I don't have a ton of neck definition. So basically your critique of my costume and photographer's skills really boiled down to a critique of my body in the costume, which I'm really not very interested in. I'm all about feedback, I have asked specifically for it before in this very thread! but yours wasn't really anything useful or constructive. Sorry you're salty about it!

Also I thought I'd broken a cosplay career milestone earlier today but now I'm getting Snatch Dustered. Dreams really do come true, every single day. :allears:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Moving on! More badass Blizzcon cosplay by Little Sparkz Cosplay

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Absolutely love this genderbend Varian Wrynn by Oshley Cosplay, she won 2nd in the contest at Blizzcon

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Vertvixen in a wicked 3d printed Lich Queen costume with smoking Frostmourne, so cool

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Polaron posted:

Wait, that's 3D printed? How does it get rid of the wafer look?

Hours upon hours upon hours of wetsanding and filling! Huge pain in the rear end for real

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

starkebn posted:

Do you 3D print anything McPantserton? Do you see it changing cosplay much or just allowing for finer detail on some things?

I don't! I really like to sculpt so even if it's not as detailed or mathematically precise I think 3d printing my stuff would remove a lot of what I enjoy about building.

It's definitely becoming an increasingly viable option for hobbyists and I think it has the split effect of producing very professional looking results, but I also think it can be a little... Sterile I guess? There's still a ton of skill and work involved, of course, but I like to see people's hand efforts too.

E. I should add though that something I like about the rise of hobbyist 3d printing is that there are lots of ways to approach a build. I'm more of an art based person, thus the hand sculpting and all, but things like 3d printing and pepakura make inroads for more engineery people to cosplay to their strengths. I like the variety of approach even if I'm not super interested in printing my own stuff.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Nov 8, 2016

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I am so ashamed to know this from an rear end picture but I'm pretty sure that's Aza Miyuko, I think she does work with Spiral Cats

E. Maybe not officially with Spiral Cats but I knew that because it was a thing that Tasha was a Blizzcon guest this year, that's her butt as Tracer

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Nov 18, 2016

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
I'm not super impressed by the printed suits either :v: They look nice enough but(t) I do tend to remember when people are more legit

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

:) Never change.

I'm going to have to, I have loving 5 costumes packed for this weekend

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Woooo sexy bikini convention! Please enjoy my most dignified and serious of photoshoots

Worked so hard on my costume, I think I deserve a little relaxation time

Noooo the outdoor park is closed! It's so warm inside!

Apparently this is my go-to ridiculous pose?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Took a few quick shots of my Yara gear this last weekend at a more appropriate spot, I think this was the coldest 15 minutes of my life. -15 windchill is balls.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

hhhat posted:

Is that snow? On the beach?

Did hell freeze over? :ohdear:

Cool outfit yo!

I guess the Starks were onto something after all! I'm in Wisconsin so this is not at all unusual, at least.

And thanks guys :D Really happy with how this costume came out, I hardly ever make stuff that's supposed to look this realistic and it was a super fun project.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Magnus Praeda posted:

Not sure where McPantserton is at, but at this point I think I've actually been to more snow-covered beaches than not thanks to spending time in the Pacific Northwest and around the Great Lakes in winter.

Also: that's a fantastic outfit. The axe and sword look really good for being, I assume, foam?

The sword is wood, I actually bought just a generic pre-made one on Ebay and sanded/filled/repainted it plus leather handle wrap, then made it a plastic/fabric/leather sheath. The axe has a pink foam/plastic head that I made and then I just bought a wood axe handle at the hardware store and stained/aged it myself.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Sloober posted:

That looks like pewaukee lake. But there's a lot of lakes out here.

Something something all lakes look alike.

It's Mendota! If the camera moved left a little you'd be able to see the capitol dome. This beach was selected for the highly specialized reason that it's really close to the parking lot so we could get back into the car super fast. TOO COLD.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Jedit posted:

The words of House McPantserton: "We Do Sew".

:shobon: I actually made my (salt?) husband do all the sewing this time

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Captain Lavender posted:

I love the salt damage on the cloak - cool detail. It's real good.
Omg thank you, this is one of the things that took me the longest to figure out how to do. I kept thinking I could use some trick to do it not so grittily and uhh I ended up using... yep just salt. A lot of saltwater. I boiled like a 30% salt mixture and threw saltwater everywhere and it was kind of a weird weekend but it really did end up looking better than anything else I tried.

chickie nugs for brekkie posted:

Is it sad that even from a casual glance I immediately thought "Wisconsin"?

For all the Sconnies in the thread what are the good local cons to go to? I have a costume idea in the works but I don't want to go all out unless I have a place to show it off.

Already mentioned but I'd 2nd Anime Milwaukee, it's the biggest one and it has a pretty good cosplay scene! I can't go this year because I have a wedding to attend but their contest is usually pretty competitive and I think it's just a really fun convention overall.

Daisho Con is small but in my top like... 2 favorite conventions of all time 2nd only to GenCon. It's already happened this year (November) but it's at the Kalahari and it's super fun.

GeekKon is in Madison and it's maybe not the best con but the cosplay is usually pretty good! I was a drunk dancing Diglett there this year and it was a great time.

If you're willing to travel a little though, the real midwest cosplay showcases are C2E2 and Anime Central in Chicago. HUGE conventions, insane cosplay, and if you can only pick one and you aren't a 17 year old weeb, go to C2E2.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

The devil is in the details and you did drat good!

I especially enjoy the weathering on the weapons, the salt stains and how the cuirass absolutely looks lived in.

Only hover over this next part if you would like some constructive critiscism.
The wig needs to be stringier, like unwashed hair. In other words, you look too clean to be Yara. :v:

I also want to straighten it more, it's a bit too curly right now. I styled it the morning we were leaving for our con on my salt husband's head so I'd agree it's a bit neglected haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
My personal favorite random Wild Thornberries cosplay by Twinzik Cosplay

They do a lot of really impressive makeup and prosthetics, all the poo poo I'm really bad at

• Locked thread