Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

The Stan Smith is disturbing as hell, but the Roshi staring at a hot rear end is spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Hremsfeld posted:

It's not red though, so obviously it doesn't go fast. :colbert:

(Seriously though, that's awesome.)

Rust is red.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Colonial Air Force posted:

You could do a pretty convincing Cain from Kung Fu.

Or just go half naked with a belt around your neck.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I question how many of those are actually dudes. I'm guessing at least 50%.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Tollymain posted:

the fine line between pirate and merc: is somebody else paying you at the moment y/n

Technically a merc or privateer was paid by the country to do the poo poo pirates did for free (or themselves).

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

As much as I love the Dr Who circlejerk going on, I gotta laugh at the fact that as I scrolled down to this picture, Motorhead's "Steal your Face" was playing on pandora.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

cowboythreespeech posted:

That woman's breasts are enormous.

I'm not sure you understand how bras work.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Soooo close to being awesomeperfect, then BAM! White socks.

Also the reason Link is best as a female is because Elves are very very femme.

It's still awesome.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Spookydonut posted:

This guy is too tall for a stormtrooper.

Ok, this joke makes up for the retarded derail.

Also, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Say Nothing posted:

Is it cosplay if you wear it everyday?

Mental illness.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ya, I'm pretty sure that's 2 womens.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

southpaugh posted:

This is an awesome thread, I love all the costumes. The effort that goes into some of these is crazy. I'm especially impressed with the vacuum molding stuff. I wish I could get my hands on that.

To contribute, here's a riddler cosplay i did last year:

I even managed to find a henchman!

Is the hipster mustache part of the costume?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Silentman0 posted:

cosplayingtoyourbodytype.jpg

edit: Unless that's a body suit. Which it probably is.

Judging by the chin, most of that is actually him.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm kind of hoping he deliberately waxed everything but his legs rather than "just" having gloriously hairy limbs.

Some people are just unfortunately hairy. One of the draw backs of being blonde is that I can't grow a beard without looking like a 15 year old, but at least I'm not covered in fur.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

McSpergin posted:

No ring 2/10

Glad I wasn't the only one.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lord Frisk posted:

Sweet anime chat, dweebs. At least fake like you're talking about cosplay.

They're standing on the wrong sides.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Ignite Memories posted:

Boy, you guys sure hate dutch angles.

Battlefield Earth ruined it for everyone. Blame Travolta.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Suspicious Cook posted:

Hisako from Killer Instinct.

Wait, how am I hearing about a new Killer Instinct from the cosplay thread of all places.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You can probably get a rider from your current insurance company that covers the appraised value of each costume (some places call these individual coverages "floaters"). A normal renters policy will only pay out the cost of materials minus depreciation, and I can tell you (very bitterly) from experience that proving even those costs in a way that the company will accept is an uphill battle :smith:

Good insurance will have "replacement value". I made sure of this when I got mine. Cause if it was only cost of materials and my house burned down, I'd get owned on the 100s of hours I have into my project car.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

What does that book have a hand with 6 fingers.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

pentyne posted:

The first Avatar was a smartly written show aimed at kids 7-13 that developed a massive adult fanbase. Korra was the result of the writers trying to replicate the success with a more "mature" show and Nick getting pissed that it wasn't an instant hit with their kid fanbase. It also seemed that someone at Nick just plain didn't like the show or Bryko, and such sentiments had been expressed by Bryko in cagey terms because they didn't want to outright say "Nickelodeon hosed us over, went back on their promises, did literally nothing to promote or market the show"

Korra also attracted an insane amount of tumblr attention, particularly with the "shipping" people who insisted that Korra and Asami for gay for each other, and the absolutely insane slapfights that occurred after the finale when the anti crowd would not stop screaming that the finale depiction of Korra/Asami was 100% platonic and until the showrunners made a definitive statement no one could edit wikipedia to reflect the change (so, basically edit wars for days).

Eventually Bryko flat out said "Yeah, Korra and Asami got together in a romantic way" which silenced most it but created a fuckton of angry and resentful people who now declared their showed ruined forever retroactively.

Posts like this make me somewhat wish the internet had never been invented.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

1. I thought she was cosplaying as Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2

2. Pic's been here since yesterday and nobody has screamed "TRIGGER DISCIPLINE" yet

there's a trigger in the picture?
:goonsay:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Choco1980 posted:

Make fun of me if you have to, but man, I just don't get MOBA culture at all. Like, whenever I look at any footage of like, LOL or whatever, it all looks the same, with tiny, poorly detailed characters with barely any animation frames even. Yet at the same time there's all these huge cults of popularity around all the many obscure characters and their personalities (which don't appear to be actually displayed in game, correct me if I'm wrong) and all these videos like the Jinx one linked above, and I find myself highly doubting the videos are at all representative of gameplay (outside of you know, her shooting stuff). Are they so big in the cosplay world because their variety and concept art is so detailed that they still look cool while having a reduced chance of running into someone else as that character? I really don't get it. :iiam:

Chalk it up to Autism.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How did I never notice it's made from a toilet seat.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Lord Lambeth posted:

As long as they're fitted (and tightened) properly corsets are no different from a bra.

Except you're pushing up your entire gut instead of just your boobs.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

So, what happens if she needs to use the toilet.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Uhm, where did you take that picture? That looks eerily familiar to my old supervisor.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Uncanny.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

VendaGoat posted:

No way that waist can support those arms. :v:

Ya, there's a lot of photoshopping going on in that picture.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

joat mon posted:

I thought the pearl clutching was ironic?

Degas Ballerina cosplay

What is going on with this picture. Is she kneeling? Is it just the perspective? Also, what is a Degas Ballerina?

Ah, I see it now, it's just cut off at the knees, needs a bigger picture.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Tis a tism joke.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Alter Ego posted:

Only thing he's missing is an actual Alamo Beer can. Well done.

And shoes.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"My eyes are up here!"
"No they ain't."

Gets giant implants, displays them prominently, whines that people stare at them.

Checks out.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

McPantserton posted:

That isn't at all what's happening here and you know it.

However, Lightning Cosplay is way better than this asinine boob derail

I'm singling Yaya out specifically on this one. I watched that stupid show she was on and she SPECIFICALLY got giant implants so that she would get ogled more. It's like a dude tattooing a dong on their forehead and getting pissed people stare at it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I feel like this one had to be photoshopped to be worksafe.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I assume this guy doesn't have a 9-5 job. That had to be hundreds of hours of work.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Reformed Tomboy posted:

He's an electrical engineer. Cosplay is a hobby, as it is for most people who do it.

Right, so he just never sleeps. Gotcha. Wish I had that sort of dedication to a hobby.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

rydiafan posted:

If you spend two hours per weekday and nine hours per weekend on something that gives you a thousand manhours in a year. I'm sure I spend that much time playing videogames.

I have a 58 bug sitting in the garage that hasn't been touched in over 4 years. Like I said, I wish I could have that sort of dedication to a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is that Anne Hathaway?

No it's Dave Mitchell.

• Locked thread