Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

CeramicPig posted:

Cleaned and sanitized kitchen floor pairs well with the road rash tattoo

What is this supposed to be? Why is it on her thighs? And who thinks that having something that looks like an infected rash on both of your inner thighs looks good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I love this one! The dates on the headstone look like they were done at a different time to the rest of teh tattoo.

So the dude had a tattoo of a headstone put into the back of his head with "RIP Dad" on it, and just waited for his father to die to get teh appropriate dates added in later.

Wouldn't want it to be weird or nothin'.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Not even Peter Criss wants to be Peter Criss.

esit: I just noticed the ankh guy, so I don't know what the gently caress this dude was going for.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

1redflag posted:

I honestly love tattoos like this because you can tell they mean nothing to the owner other than a quick laugh. Like the guy says to people he just met, "hey, y'all want to see something funny?"

True, but they also signify that the owner of said tattoo is good for nothing else apart from the initial laugh over whatever stupid joke they got tattooed on themsleves in lieu of an actual personality.

And it gets old pretty quick when the weird guy keeps wanting to show you his dickbatman tattoo, and you are trying to hold a conversation.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I reckon she's a diabetic trying to let the rest of the world know in the most public and most disgusting way possible.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Carnival of Shrews posted:

That's why I suspect it of being art: it raises so many questions in the viewer's mind.

How can Chaplin possibly look so bored? Why the reference to the Church of the SubGenius? Who is the mystery victim wearing a clerical dogcollar, a clown nose, and purple-spotted knickers outside of his clothes? My frontrunner is Paul Newman, but given the style, I have my doubts.

I also liked the matching table lamps.

My big question is why is Charlie Chaplin angry with the nappy wearing clown priest, and why does he deserve to die? Also, in all The Little Tramp films that CC did, he is never packing heat. Why would he choose the day he wanders in on a masturbating woman to start?

The greatest tattoos leave the viewer walking away questioning the very nature of existence.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Good choice. Coz when you are getting the name of a video game tattooed on your arms, be sure to get the sequel.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Esroc posted:

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a customer who was droning on and on about wanting to become a tattoo artist while I was tattooing him. Which ended with:

Me: "Can you draw?"
Him: "Well, no..."
Me: "Please don't."

A dick move on my part, sure. But it truly boggles my mind that there are so many people who get into a career based almost entirely around drawing yet can't draw.

Why on earth would he possibly want to be a tattoo ARTIST? I mean the clue is in the name.

i can understand people who can't draw, but think they can, wanting to immortalise their "art" on other people in ink, but if you know you can't draw, what possible hope do you have to be competent in a profession which is, (to grossly simplify it), drawing under other peoples skin.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Horrible cover-up of horrible spelling.

How the hell do you spell 'could' wrong.
Morans!

We will could die today tomorrow.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

There are no winners in this thread.

Am I wrong to be annoyed that, whilst at least he didn't spell it 'your', he still forgot the apostrophe between U and R? Also the one between T and S.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

You can always count on Facebook.

This one looks like Red Skull awkwardly playing an upside down saxophone made out of someone's spine.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Why correct one and not the other?

edit: Also, why only capitalize the correction?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Do keloid scars hurt?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Evilreaver posted:

"I lost a bet, so I gotta get a dick tattoo on my arm."
"Aight, hows about something like this?"
"Can you make it smaller?"
"Yea, how's this?"
"Smaller?"
":manning:"
"...smaller."

I thought it was a badly done smiley face.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

I saw some tiny little Asian women working at a store with tons of terrible tattoos all over her neck, arms and hands. I was like drat you made some terrible choices but then I barely made out the giant "property of ...."on her forearm mostly lazered off and the name covered with a huge black rose.
Legit felt bad for her and I hope she can
keep out of the oldest profession.

Given the rose cover up it looks like she just got out of it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This irritates me because it's on his/her left cheek.

Surely if that is what you want, you want it on the far right.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Drink and Fight posted:

Seen on the train last night. Not all the blurriness is due to my hand shaking.

That looks like a cover up. Which begs the question: what is it covering up? "Tea and Sorbet"?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Zombiebeard posted:

On the tattoo shop's website you can blow it up bigger...

It's "The Raven" :eng99:

Link

So the last "nevermore" is just above his right knee. That is stupid. If you like the poem, (which you should for it is a good poem), just get the word "nevermore" tattoed. or an actual raven, or maybe even a raven saying "nevermore" or "lenore". Something that would be beautiful and/or meaningful and represenst the poem.

Instead he copies it out word for word, puts it in a place that is the most inconvienient for himself to read, and nearly teh most inconvenient for others to read, and then has it end above his right knee.

This man is a tool.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

speshl guy posted:

highlight from the gallery up there

The internet may have broken me, because the proportions of the "heart' here look a lot like the proportions of dickbutt.

I mean, add some legs, a face, and a dick out of the butt and it's practically there.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I can't even begin to figure out what's going on with that gun other than it being wrong.

To me it looks like the trigger and handle have been taped, (to prevent fingerprints?), and there is some sort of flames or smoke obscuring the handle.

Which is a perfectly reasonable thing to have tattooed on the side of your head.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Ah yes, the kind of tattoo that not only looks bad, but is also completely useless as paramedics and nurses are instructed to ignore that kind of thing.

Are they instructed to ignore/disregard the "Do Not Resuscitate" ones old people sometimes get too? Serious question.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

ChairmanMeow posted:

Evidently blackout tattoos are the new hotness
article that says look it's trendy
https://www.yahoo.com/style/blackout-tattoo-trend-sweeping-internet-154240094.html

Wouldn't a tattoo like this be really bad for diagnosing skin diseases? Also make it very hard to notice the redness of inflammation, or the colour changes that come with frostbite/jaundice/low blood pressure etc.

It was like when Micheal Jackson fainted on the set of some advertisment one time, the EMTs had to open his shirt to see check his skin colour for pallour or whatever coz he was wearing too much makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

strangemusic posted:

Just wait until you see the guys implanting LEDs subdermally. Oh wait I mean "biohacking." I don't have a link but it's very real and very :psyduck:

Where do they plug it in? Or alternatively, how do they change the batteries? Do they just cut themselves open to replace the lights when th ebatteries run out?

• Locked thread