Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Never played Bastion, but after seeing the trailer for this I went ahead and preordered it, with the soundtrack. Just looks too good to pass up and I've got plenty of time on my hands for the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Rascyc posted:

Woo they changed MC's run animation.
Haha yeah that bugged me too before.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

She basically skipped across the floor, it was pretty jarring.
Yup, it was pretty bizarre looking.

Repelex
Jun 25, 2010

ketchum while they're young

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Never played Bastion, but after seeing the trailer for this I went ahead and preordered it, with the soundtrack. Just looks too good to pass up and I've got plenty of time on my hands for the summer.

You should buy Bastion too. Definitely one of my favourite games.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bastion is really good and you could definitely pick it up for cheap and finish it before Transistor comes out for sure. Not way too long of a game.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Sounds like a good opportunity to also play Bastion. It is excellent.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
God I can't wait for this game. Bastion is still memorable which is surprising considering most games these days are completely forgettable once finished.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Really looking forward to this game also! Probably one of the few games in recent time I'll get the soundtrack for.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Steam tends to put previous games from small studios on sale when a new release from that studio comes out, so wait a few days to see if you can get Bastion for cheap once Transistor is out. Or just buy it whenever and help support Supergiant, whatever just play Bastion it owns.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Get Bastion at some point too, because it's a brilliant game.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Logan Cunningham is literally the voice of god, and if he is as good as he was in bastion, loving orgasms everywhere.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bastion is always on sale if you don't have it already. I think I picked it up in a Humble Bundle; if you're broke you can wait until the Summer Sale on Steam.

It's an excellent game and Super Giant's aesthetic is fantastic.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

Jubala, Jubalo Jubalum
I'm a giant on this earth, fee fi fo fum
Cerebellum over-loader make your brain stem numb!
I wish I could forget Bastion...

... So I could play it again for the first time. Beautiful game!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Am I the only one who thinks your character is a bit too small on the screen? I thought Bastion was also pushing it as far as top-down action games but this seems even more so. I liked Bastion okay but felt I had to squint sometimes. I mean, given that I'm playing it from the sofa (and since there's a PS4 version of this, one would assume it was meant to be played that way).

edit: actually, the trailer in the OP seems to have two zoom levels, or is it just the video zooming in?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Keep in mind, this isn't a twitch based action game like Bastion was. It has a pause any time and plot out your next move dealie.

P.S. Why the isn't the game out yet? Come on Super Giant, Come. On!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bastion is just incredible, the music especially. Everyone always talks about Build That Wall or Setting Sail, Coming Home, but there's so much other good stuff in there, like The Mancer's Dilemma or, of course, Spike in a Rail. Can't waaaiiit for this.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Terper posted:

Bastion is just incredible, the music especially. Everyone always talks about Build That Wall or Setting Sail, Coming Home, but there's so much other good stuff in there, like The Mancer's Dilemma or, of course, Spike in a Rail. Can't waaaiiit for this.

The Bastion soundtrack is basically 100% pure unadulterated gold. Then again, that's just Bastion as a whole.

Why's it not loving out yet this is painful

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Mister Adequate posted:

The Bastion soundtrack is basically 100% pure unadulterated gold. Then again, that's just Bastion as a whole.

You can get it on Steam, no?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Terper posted:

Or :allears: :allears: Terminal March :allears: :allears:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Mister Adequate posted:

Uhh if you're asking about the soundtrack, it's been purchasable for like 2.5 years on their Bandcamp page. http://supergiantgames.bandcamp.com/

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

When I first played the demo, this was the song that sold me on the game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I going to join everyone else in saying that I'm incredibly excited that Transistor is coming out so soon. One thing I liked was how vibrant the world is -- I feel with noir cyberpunk plot leanings they might've gone for a more dark and oppressive kind of palette, but there's a lot of gold / red / green being used.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
Wow. This release date surprised me. I've been looking forward to this since the original trailer a few years back.

One thing I've noticed from the trailers is it seems all/most of the enemies and the antagonists have a white/red reaverbot feel. I wonder where this will go? :speculate:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

RoboCicero posted:

I going to join everyone else in saying that I'm incredibly excited that Transistor is coming out so soon. One thing I liked was how vibrant the world is -- I feel with noir cyberpunk plot leanings they might've gone for a more dark and oppressive kind of palette, but there's a lot of gold / red / green being used.

Supergiant Games seems to have a trend with making the overall aesthetics really tight, given the two games they've put out or at least shown so far. Which is really nice, since it's a huge selling point for me. Wouldn't even care if the graphical power was half of what it is now, because the overall scheme looks nice.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

To praise Bastion a bit more...I think one of the most beautiful moments is when you find Zia for the first time. And the Narrator goes "How does it go again...ah, yeah." and then that beautiful OST plays.

Goosebumps. All the loving way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM

e: I just like how...unclean the guitar sounds. You hear some very small misstakes, and changes of grips, wrong strokes...but it is just perfectly fitting.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Am I the only one who thinks your character is a bit too small on the screen? I thought Bastion was also pushing it as far as top-down action games but this seems even more so. I liked Bastion okay but felt I had to squint sometimes. I mean, given that I'm playing it from the sofa (and since there's a PS4 version of this, one would assume it was meant to be played that way).

edit: actually, the trailer in the OP seems to have two zoom levels, or is it just the video zooming in?

I remember hearing Greg Kasavin mentioning about a year ago how part of the inspiration for this game was how DOTA2 controlled. If you compare the character sizes of the two games they are very similar.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Terper posted:

Slinger's Song was my jam outside of the vocal tracks. The main theme is also fantastic.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Sir Lucius posted:

I remember hearing Greg Kasavin mentioning about a year ago how part of the inspiration for this game was how DOTA2 controlled. If you compare the character sizes of the two games they are very similar.

I haven't followed the game much but does that mean the game is click to move? That'd be unfortunate for me, I can't stand that control scheme.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Darksaber posted:

I haven't followed the game much but does that mean the game is click to move? That'd be unfortunate for me, I can't stand that control scheme.

You can use a controller, or keyboard, or click to move.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's being made for the PS4, so I have to imagine the controller support is very natural. But the tactical nature of the game in general does look like it will work quite well with mouse and keyboard too.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Has anyone heard when the review embargo is up? Most of the time reviews are out by now.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Has anyone heard when the review embargo is up? Most of the time reviews are out by now.

Release day if I recall correctly.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's up at 9 AM PST tomorrow morning

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

To praise Bastion a bit more...I think one of the most beautiful moments is when you find Zia for the first time. And the Narrator goes "How does it go again...ah, yeah." and then that beautiful OST plays.

Goosebumps. All the loving way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8c17upEwM

e: I just like how...unclean the guitar sounds. You hear some very small misstakes, and changes of grips, wrong strokes...but it is just perfectly fitting.

Listening to that song is one thing, but when you run into it in game it's amazing. Spoilers I guess? It's the first time in game you run into someone else (a human) other than the narrator. The song changes in volume as you get closer or further away from Zia, and with decent stereo sound (headphones) you can tell which direction Zia is from you as you move around the area as well. Also, the further away you are from Zia the more the song echoes. It's really the first moment of the game that makes you realize there's more going on than in the game than just a Diablo-like with a cool narrator.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I'm hoping for a midnight release but sure we won't get it.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Supergiant has posted on twitter that it's not going to be released until ~12 on steam, and a little later on PS4.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Still hoping this gets released on GMG by launch so I can use my credit there. If not I'll have to cave in and get it directly from Steam.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Ah, gently caress it all. Pre-ordered. :unsmith: I really want to support Supergiant Games (even if i've barely touched Bastion), i have an odd, unexplainable soft spot for them.

It might be the Bastion announcer for Dota 2 thats to blame. :haw:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I am pretty hyped for this considering I can play through otherwise garbage games like AC3 and enjoy them solely because of the soundtrack. I only learned what a Bastion was for the first time today after seeing this game on the PS4 store. I played through the demo and that music :stare:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

If you think the music is good now (and it is) just wait for the ending. It's 100% a game worth completing, for all sorts of reasons.

E: Tried to explain why, can't without spoiling. Just play it.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Willias posted:

Listening to that song is one thing, but when you run into it in game it's amazing. Spoilers I guess? It's the first time in game you run into someone else (a human) other than the narrator. The song changes in volume as you get closer or further away from Zia, and with decent stereo sound (headphones) you can tell which direction Zia is from you as you move around the area as well. Also, the further away you are from Zia the more the song echoes. It's really the first moment of the game that makes you realize there's more going on than in the game than just a Diablo-like with a cool narrator.

No, you run into the other dude before you met Zia.

• Locked thread