Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

This poo poo again. (At least) In Canada, all halal meat "dhabihah" or otherwise, is not stunned before it is killed, whereas non-halal meat is.

You got a source on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Many strains of cannabis are actually bred to produce very little THC and focus on the production of hemp fiber, which is pretty useful for things that aren't eating your weight in nachos. So it's not all that stupid. The rest of those images make up for it, though.

True, but how many of the 420 crowd actually differentiate between the industrial use cannabis and marijuana?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

True, but how many of the 420 crowd actually differentiate between the industrial use cannabis and marijuana?

Most of them. You gotta know what gets you high and what doesn't.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010
Edit - Wrong report, used UK stats

PutinOnTheRitz has a new favorite as of 04:24 on May 9, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

CoasterMaster posted:

I wanted to leave the first name, but she has kind of an uncommon name so it'd be pretty easy to find on first name only. But I left the 'a' un-blocked out so you can really get the full effect of this post.

No, I didn't gently caress up the image editing. Her name only has one a in it

Maybe she's including her last name too?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
The thing with the "Halal is evil" is that these people are idiots and entirely concerned with eating something associated with evil muslims. They don't actually give a poo poo if it's cruel or whatever, they just want a reason to call muslims backwards.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

The British Farm Animal Care and Welfare committee:

The Brambell Report on Farm Animal Welfare came out in the 1960's and has been used as a base for Canadian/UK legislature regarding Animal welfare ever since. (Although it desperately needs upgrading)

Aka this has no bearings on the method of killing, just that a Muslim did the killing.

Sources:
Man, Y. B. C., & Sazili, A. Q. (2010). Food production from the halal perspective. Handbook of Poultry Science and Technology, Primary Processing, 1, 183.
Riaz, M. N., & Chaudry, M. M. (2003). Halal food production. CRC press.

EDIT - Looks like the UK has started allowing electrically stunned chickens to be considered "Halal". I have no problem with this!

Not a single thing you've quoted says that the animal needs to be conscious; not a single thing you've quoted says anything about Canada.

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax

FrozenVent posted:

Not a single thing you've quoted says that the animal needs to be conscious; not a single thing you've quoted says anything about Canada.

Or the US for that matter.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Wizard of Smart posted:

Most of them. You gotta know what gets you high and what doesn't.

With the ones I know, there's only the ones that get you high which by some logic I don't understand, also is able to be used for industrial purposes.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010
I'm a dummy, those are UK stats. Canada approves of non-conscious slaughter within strict circumstances: Canadian Meat Inspection Regulations 1990 (SOR/90-288), section 77

quote:

77. Despite section 79, every food animal that is ritually slaughtered in accordance with Judaic or Islamic law shall be restrained and slaughtered by means of a cut resulting in rapid, simultaneous and complete severance of the jugular veins and carotid arteries, in a manner that causes the animal to lose consciousness immediately.

Emphasis mine. This is the part that most slaughterhouses don't come up to par on, and therefore won't bother trying to produce kosher/halal products. It's drat hard to bleed something out quickly without contaminating drat near everything, even if you've done it hundreds of times a day. (Having personally cut a cow's neck and seen how these slaughter procedures are performed in person, it is quick but definitely more distressing than the alternative.)

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Beep boop I am a robot

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Beep boop I am a robot

I feel rather obligated to link the corresponding Fplus episode here.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

Segmentation Fault posted:

Maybe she's including her last name too?

That was my first thought (or at least a middle name), but the image explicitly refers to a first name (also no 'a' in the last name either).

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

I am Canadian and worked in a slaughterhouse for three years and we had imams come in once a month to do halal meat. I can't speak for larger animals but in the case of poultry, halal meat is way more humane because it is done slower and by hand which decreases the likelihood that the animal will go into a vat of scalding hot water while still conscious. Stunning the animal is only done to keep them from moving while a machine slits their throat and they are actually supposed to regain consciousness shortly after so they can flap their wings and bleed out quicker.

Halal meat is also way cleaner because the imam watches over it through the entire process and it doesn't use the same gross machinery or chlorinated water bath as everything else does.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

This girl has been shilling her MLM scam hard for about a month now. It's something called Wake Up Now. Anyhow, on top of that poo poo she posts stuff like this - poor people suck! HUR!

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Dear Prudence posted:

This girl has been shilling her MLM scam hard for about a month now. It's something called Wake Up Now. Anyhow, on top of that poo poo she posts stuff like this - poor people suck! HUR!

I HATE POOR PEOPLE GIRL EDUCATE ME

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Dear Prudence posted:

The question I always like to ask is "How many children going to bed hungry are you okay with? How many children would you let starve to catch one person gaming the system?" It's a completely loaded question, but it's made a shithead or two reevaluate how they feel about this.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
If she roll a good blunt wife that biartch

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dear Prudence posted:

I like how many assumptions that makes, as if every single person on welfare just stuffs their fridge with more food than they could ever and and it's literally impossible that you could have a situation like 6 people on food stamps all sharing a house and keeping their food in the same kitchen. Like when I was a taxpayer living alone my refrigerator looked like the one on the right but not because I was hungry, I just didn't keep much food in the apartment because I, you know, lived alone.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

vaguely posted:

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

But it is required to be labeled Halal if it is Halal.....

But the rule of the meat industry is that you can always downgrade, so Halal meat can be downgraded to non-Halal meat simply by not marketing it as Halal

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Many strains of cannabis are actually bred to produce very little THC and focus on the production of hemp fiber,

Uh.......

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Goddamnit I thought my feed was safe from this bullshit.

I'm sure it was totally the Illuminati and absolutely nothing to do with the drugs they found in her system.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What the hell are the mainstream media saying about it that that goes through as more believable.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dear Prudence posted:

I'm sure she's making a lot of money and paying all of her taxes at her honest, hard-working job.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bull Runner posted:

I'm sure she's making a lot of money and paying all of her taxes at her honest, hard-working job.

She's clearly in the 0.01% of people who make money from MLMs.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
After reading Zergfluid's posts in the E/N virgin thread, I decided to look up exactly what a red piller was, since I didn't know it was specifically about women.

I found a pretty good article about it.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-red-pill-reddit-2013-8

And these are the comments:

Yep. Dylan Love wrote this piece to get pussy. Not because it's a bazaar internet subculture or a completely baffling view of women to most heterosexual men. :rolleyes: Do I even need to say it's also crazy to most women?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wow, she's going off the deep end (or maybe she was already there). "Selfish" and "attention seeking" are gender biased? Hahahaha.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

How the gently caress are selfish and attention-seeking gendered?

And who is this person? I feel like I will get much enjoyment out of reading their stuff.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FrozenVent posted:

I'm guessing they are gendered because she is being called them.

Anyway, she's the girl who was calling for the Colbert Report to be shut down over that "ching wong ding dong" or whatever joke that was satirizing the Redskins controversy. She also told a Huffington Post reporter that he's basically not allowed to have opinions of race/gender because he's a white man.

Meme Poker Party has a new favorite as of 18:19 on May 9, 2014

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

And who is this person? I feel like I will get much enjoyment out of reading their stuff.

She's Suey Park, an "activist" best known for getting incredibly pissy at Stephen Colbert

A couple guys from the Huffington Post did an interview with her. She literally goes "as a white man, you can't comment on this issue" and "I'm not going to educate you."

EDIT: Whoops you already edited your post, but still. Have a tweet from someone saying Link is privileged.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

EDIT: Whoops you already edited your post, but still. Have a tweet from someone saying Link is privileged.

Okay, I really want more on this because there has to be context that makes this even sadder. What is this even apropos of? Ganondorf being dark-skinned [and also super evil] ?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
For someone who claims to be against racism and sexism, she sure likes to use 'white' and 'male' as a pejorative. I mean, not that I think she is actually for equality, she is just feeding her fragile ego (I'm sure that's a gendered insult that means she is fat).

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

graynull posted:

For someone who claims to be against racism and sexism, she sure likes to use 'white' and 'male' as a pejorative. I mean, not that I think she is actually for equality, she is just feeding her fragile ego (I'm sure that's a gendered insult that means she is fat).

She is the strawman people think of when talking about SJWs and turbo-rabid feminists.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm guessing they are gendered because she is being called them.

Anyway, she's the girl who was calling for the Colbert Report to be shut down over that "ching wong ding dong" or whatever joke that was satirizing the Redskins controversy. She also told a Huffington Post reporter that he's basically not allowed to have opinions of race/gender because he's a white man.

The best part about this is that she turned the the focus off of the lovely Redskins memorial and basically absolved them of all wrong doing with that lovely name.
Thanks Suey Park, your armchair activism is really changing the world.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Had another guy from Egypt with a bunch of gore pics send me a friend request. Second time this has happened. :psyduck: Reported the account for offensive imagery.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Park is close friends with a bunch of important right wingers and basically just gets trotted out to attack the left whenever the right needs to try to take heat off themselves.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

Kind of innocuous I guess, but these sort of false accusations in social media get to me a little. The article they linked cleared the man of any wrong doing.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

*is 32*
*single*
*lives at home with family still*
*angry*

I'm no expert, but I find the "(subconsciously trying to distract yourself from how much you hate your life atm)" but to be really sad, even beyond the general problem of the rest of the text.

Please tell me you showed him the works of Erich von Däniken. He wrote similar stuff to that, about ancient aliens and the like, and from what I know it was considered bullshit even in his day.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

SRS is often worse than the people they are mocking, jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

KoldPT posted:

SRS is often worse than the people they are mocking, jesus.

Can someone even explain SRS to me? I feel like there's some meta humor there I don't get with FYAD or other shitposting-encouraged forums.

• Locked thread