Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I just witnessed some Facebook awkwardness. One of my Facebook friend's grandmother passed away, and the way her mom chose to notify family was posting a Facebook status and tagging everyone in it. How hard is it to pick up a phone? Or at the very least make it a private message or email if you're too big of a wreck to talk about it?

When my grandfather died if I'd found out about it via Facebook I'd be pissed.

My sister did this when my grandfather died. Its as lovely as you think it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Henchman of Santa posted:

Business casual is growing ever more popular and she probably also likes guys who wear suits for every occasion. If you've been on a liberal arts college campus there are always a couple of those dudes and 100% of the time they are the most painfully awkward people alive.

You also don't clean them frequently, because most suits have to be dry-cleaned. So, inevitably these kinds of dudes reek just as bad as the dudes who don't know how to wash their jorts 'cause mommy always did it.

College is a weird time where people feel they can get away without washing and it is really odd.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dorm showers can be an uncomfortable experience if you're already the kind of dork that wears a suit to class.

I went to a private school where a bathroom was shared between at most, 4 people depending on the dorm and had a loving lock. So it was super weird to have a classmate who insisted on not bathing, to me.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Kajeesus posted:

MRA is a movement dedicated to hurting women, rather than helping men.

And it's also pretty good at hurting men, too.

• Locked thread