Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Rogue 7 posted:

I can't help but wonder what people who believe this kind of crap actually think life here in Japan looks like right now. Like, is it supposed to be some radioactive hellhole filled with horrible mutations and tentacled monstrosities man was not meant to see?

Because that's just Akihabara.

I've asked that of one crazy I know. Her response was about how even the Japanese government is covering it up so your average person in Japan just doesn't know that Fukushima prefecture is a glowing cinder somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The top half of that image is hysterical all on its own.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Why would he hit enter? He typed it all out, screencapped it, and posted it so we can see how cool and badass he is. Now it can be safely deleted in the most succulent of passive-aggression :smug:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I'm against the tipping of bodybuilders, too. They're so top-heavy from all those benches they've pressed, their centre of gravity is all hosed up. It's unfair, to leave them flopping on the ground like a turtle :smith:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

But how do I earn points on this scale? I need to win the House Cup at the end of semester. Ravenclaw hasn't won in five hundred years :smith:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Finally, the ridiculous English name of Tuxedo Mask will be gone, and only the purity of the original Japanese name will remain.

Tuxedo Kamen

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There are. There are several, by my cursory research.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Ninjasaurus posted:

Better make sure you have a whole lot of sperm in cryo freeze first or else you might end up with a bit of a problem later on.

Clones. An endless army of lesbian clones. An Ellen Page in every pot, and a kd lang on every street corner.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I didn't actually watch House, I do have standards.

You don't watch the thing you criticise?

Tell me Zizek's thoughts on lesbian relationships, please.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Ninjasaurus posted:

Christ, I'm old.

Seriously. I think DoctorWhat is, like, 18 or something.

drat kids! :argh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Someone hacked into my account once and sexted for three months with one of my coworkers, setting up illicit meets and everything.

I swear, baby, it was hackers, please believe me :qq:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Odds on the person who wrote that being a 21+ virgin?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Dandy Shrew posted:

I wish he was. As is, he has sons :(

So I guess he'll be hiring some whores for his lads when they hit puberty, just to keep them from shooting up the place? Gotta stick to those principles, after all.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

What if...uh... what if the demon sees the picture and doesn't share it?

WHAT HAPPENS THEN?

His boss rolls up. "Trevor," it says, forked tongue lashing the air like it was a sinner. "What the gently caress is this poo poo, guy? You know the rules. Share, or demon."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The great thing about my grandma having Alz is her youngest son has discovered in the past few years what a tremendous rear end in a top hat she thinks he is :unsmith:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Excels posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NCigh54jg

He lived on it for 30 days, supposedly.

A writer for the Metro in Ottawa tried to live off Soylent for a week. She was subsequently told by the makers of Soylent that it is not intended as a total food-replacement and that she was stupid for doing it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Sebastian Vettel posted:

You could be thinking of the condition where you don't feel pain.

Being drunk?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Excels posted:

Is Jesse Ventura more or less credible than crazyhair "ALIENS" guy?

The Body at least had his own series about conspiracies. Every episode features some new random person whose life will be in jeopardy for giving the Body this information, so of course the cameraman gets a nice, close shot of this soon-to-be-black-sited patriot, just to make things easier for the CIA blops squad.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

Am I the only one who finds it kind of outrageous that a person could go to prison for looking at a drawing? Of anything? Talk about a victimless crime...

There's a (at least one) guy in Canada who got registered as a sex offender because he imported loli hentai. I can't remember whereabouts, but this was like ten years ago, so I think it was out in the prairies somewhere. It happens.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Unless things have changed since I live in Ft. Sask, you don't need to make Edmonton into a landfill.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The amount of phytoestrogens in soy sauce is so ridiculously low that you would almost certainly have to drink it exclusively in place of any other liquid for the rest of your life to have any kind of effect. Hell, there's even evidence which says phytoestrogens will stop real estrogen from bonding with cells, so if anything these transmen should be guzzling that poo poo back like it's water so they can keep their manly gains! Salty, fermented, soya-based water :yum:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I have an Internet Entrepreneur Guy, but he doesn't post charmingly enthusiastic statuses, he just posts Forbes articles or LinkedIn articles without comment. It almost never leads to flame wars, either.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Othello was pretty progressive, considering he was a filthy loving Moorish bastard.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

He still flies into a fit of rage and kills his wife (spoilers for Othello)

Yeah, but it's okay, Hera made him do it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

vyelkin posted:

then who gives a poo poo?

Feminazis.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I own the complete Lethal Weapon franchise on DVD :smug:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I had to remove the local classic rock station I listen to just because they kept posting stupid poo poo everyday. No, radio station, I want to be informed if you have contests or giveaways. I do not want to know that one of your hosts hates Justin Trudeau :rolleyes:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I agree, putting computer ports on a cat's head is wrong. First of all, cats lack the proper firmware, and there's no sign of any updates coming from the manufacturer. Don't trust unsigned patches for your cat, people. You can't jailbreak a cat.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I'd like a pat on my back every time I have a satisfying poo poo.

You're right there, Doc, you've got the wad of paper in your hand. Just give your backside a pat while you're already down there.

Don't use the soiled side, obviously.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

karl fungus posted:

I'm turning 25 in a few weeks. Several old high school friends have already gotten married. How long until I get to experience the baby spam?

Wait until one of your baby-mad friends has a miscarriage. Upsetting, sure. But if they're particularly nuts, they will post on the anniversary of that miscarriage for years about poor baby [[nChild_name]] who, at least, is with Jesus now, smiling down on their parents.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Excels posted:

I wonder what his Cutie Mark is

It's green, and looks like an upside-down pyramid of three circles.

Pretty sure that's the Mark of Nurgle.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Who wants to live forever?

When love must die o/~ o/~

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Excels posted:

Also she would kind of need to be big, although most modern depictions seem to forget she's an Amazonian

Wonder Woman :swoon:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Apparently this guy is now trying to downvote nearly everything I've commented on.

Welcome to Imgur. I had to abandon my original account there because some dude I pissed off was downvoting all of my comments to -6 as soon as I would make them. For people who don't know how it works there, each account can only downvote a given comment or picture one single time, so this guy had at least eight ghost accounts to downvote people's content out of existance.

People take the internet way too loving serious.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Did you intend to not censor the one person's name at all?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Today, in "the Imgur Community is really lovely, just like the internet at large":

Someone posts this photo

With this title

quote:

Egalitarianism is about equality; feminism is about the advancement of women under the guise of equality.

And these are the top responses

Let's take a look at the negative-rated comments!

:negative:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If larceny can be petty, cannot also aggravated sexual assault? I only rubbed my glans 'gainst her labia, officer, is that really very much rape at all?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

We don't call people 'retarded' anymore, it's insensitive. The polite term is 'moronic'.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Excels posted:

please don't crank 2 was pretty much the worst movie ever

I know we just got over explaining why casually bandying about the word "retarded" is bad, but this post... oh man, this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Probably just automatically follow-backed ILikeTitsDaily. The wonders of clicking a few radio buttons in your social media management software and not having a real person ever vet the results!

• Locked thread