Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
My crazy in-law sent me a message on FB to "like" her status. I think I'll pass.

I wonder if she got that from the crazy people against Obama page she likes? Of course she did! I wonder what else they have to offer the world today?

Oh.

Okay.

The page is still full of crazy, racist dicks. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

I'm wondering if Zumba's that way since I've got someone on my facebook who's always raving about it to the point where she does a countdown until her Zumba session and when she recently went rappelling was crowing about her Zumba skills were a big help.
My kickboxing gym is definitely that way. I enjoy the workout or else I wouldn't still go but their facebook group can push into uncomfortable "conform or die" territory.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

CombatBonta-kun posted:

It wouldn't happen to be CKO would it? I've been going for a while because it is a great workout, but beyond that it almost feels like a bit of a cult mentality with some of the people.
It is CKO. I really enjoy most of the classes (there's an instructor I'm not really a fan of) but the people are a bit odd. I just shrug it off for the most part but it is weird.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009

Amused to Death posted:

In terms of how their police and prisons function, yeah, Europe is generally better, our police/prison problem is a problem in itself that our race problem intersects with. When it comes to how the general populace feels about immigrants, brown people, Muslims, Europeans are often racist as gently caress.
When I lived in the Netherlands (not Amsterdam) it was really shocking at first how blatant the racism was. I'm not even talking about the zwarte piet stuff but in every day life. There were numerous occasions where I witnessed retail people being snotty, obnoxious brats to darker skinned immigrants as they tried to communicate in dutch only to have them turn to me, a white immigrant, and joke about how "those people" needed to learn the language or get out. Half the time the person they were mocking spoke better dutch than I did but I was white so I'd learn eventually... it was strange.

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
I don't even know. The person who posted this isn't really that smart while being extremely conservative so I kind of expect it from her. Still, really?

• Locked thread