Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vaguely posted:

I've been so smug about not having any idiots on my Facebook, and then someone I kind of knew from school posts this:

Two clicks later, my Facebook is idiot-free for another day.

Personally I would prefer everything be labelled and would choose non-halal because the animals suffer less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

happyhippy posted:

True.
But in this case the troops have a giant loving fan right behind them.

My oven has a fan, too, but I'm not going to stick my head in it.

Support are troops.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Louis Theroux has a good piece on the trophy hunting business. It's on Netflix.

We view that rear end in a top hat lion very differently than the people who live and work around them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

You can also get a DUI on horseback, but you'd have to be at needing medical attention levels of drunk for the cops to do anything.

Source: guy who rode up on a horse to fix my siding. He rides said horse to the bars (one even installed a hitching post for him) and then climbs back up on the horse and has the horse take him home. The cops won't write a ticket because the horse will override any attempts to drunkenly veer the horse into traffic and the only place the horse is going is home.

Is the horse old enough to be legally in control of a vehicle?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Breaky posted:

To return to topic. Sorry for the buzzfeed link but it summarizes things nicely.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/no-internet-steven-spielberg-does-not-hunt-dinosaurs?bffb

Idiots thought that Spielberg posing with the Triceratops from Jurassic park was him really killing one.

Yeah, stick em all in zoos, that's the answer

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I love this Thor poo poo because it sure fits a hell of a lot better to the actual Ásatrú then most of the comics idiocy. They don't even get him being ginger right. Hell, one of the most famous stories about Þór involves him crossdressing with Loki and going to "his" own wedding to get Mjölnir back.

Seeing as Mjölnir is pretty much just an extended penis metaphor, this comic side emasculation is nothing but a return to the source.

If the new run of Thor is just him and Loki scheming and crossdressing to try to get Mjolnir back because they think only women are considered worthy, now comics might actually become worth reading.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All americans should gently caress off back home imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Praseodymi posted:

Especially seeing as, I think, most European immigrants work more and pay more tax/take less welfare than the average Brit.

That's cause they took all the jobs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Back on track...

My three wolf moon cousin posted this:

That's funny.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kannonfodder posted:

I unironically support this. Every time some shitbag attacks a woman for "ruining gaming culture" Steam, Xbox live, PSN and all the like go down for an hour. Since they are acting like giant children, they should be treated like giant children.

No video games until you can treat women like humans!

There is absolutely no way that this would be abused.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goons in not understanding jokes shocker

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Segmentation Fault posted:

I've been to New York City once to visit a friend and was instantly enamored. The whole place feels like Earth's Capital City. Like if we ever run into a situation in the near future where all of humanity joins together under one banner, barring any serious political circumstances I'm certain that New York City will be our Capital.

Movies constantly reinforce this idea so it will be the first place hit when aliens invade.

It's Hollywood's greatest long con.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Question Mark Mound posted:

These are the teachers:

Would

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Statutory rape is fine as long as the rapist is attractive :downs:

It is

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lblitzer posted:

See that's a lot more acceptable and not as creepy compared to a teacher having sex with someone barely old enough to drive and at the prime for laughing at fart jokes.

You let people drive before you let them have sex?

And they can drink alcohol when? hosed up country imo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lblitzer posted:

Look, you can have a moral debate about this for the rest of eternity about what constitutes rape but most will say that it's wrong for two adults to have sex with a minor, nevermind that it's your own grade school student.

I'm just wondering when the whole "America is dumb for not letting children drink beer" thing will stop, as if that's a huge problem this country really needs to be focusing on. Hell, most adults shouldn't be drinking alcohol.

The land of the free.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The important thing to know about Ebert's reviews was that he judged movies based on what category they fit into. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to rank a superhero movie at the same artistic level as, say, Schindler's List, since they're both trying to accomplish completely different things. So a four-star review from him didn't mean "the greatest of films, exceptional high art", but rather that it excelled at what it set out to do.

That's more insulting that giving something a bad review. It's like awarding an A for effort.

And racial profiling.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've sliced my finger open doing normal, goon-approved workouts.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Debra and whatever Kevin James' wife was called were loving harpies.

Still would, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lieutenant Dan posted:

I know I'm opening a can of worms with this, but sometimes, if you are a gay in a locker room with strangers, and another lady asks you to adjust her skirt to cover her rear end, sometimes I feel like I should inform them I'm a homo and feel creepy looking at their rear end.

Then again I was raised to hate myself, so.

Tell me more about the women's locker room...

• Locked thread