Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Right now, without any clue what on earth you're talking about, you just seem like a weirdo harassing people on twitter.

Maybe you deserve the benefit of the doubt since you probably wouldn't come here to brag about harassing people on twitter unless there was a reason, but you should probably share the reason first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Excels posted:

I've heard so many arguments back and forth about whether humans are supposed to drink milk. I've heard we aren't "evolved" to digest it properly and etc.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

But all mammals drink milk after birth. That's part of the definition of mammal. :psyduck:

Well at its very barest bones this is true. What the person meant by "drink milk after birth" was "drink milk after childhood". And it's true! Humans are the only animals who do so and we weren't "evolved" to do so. Lactose intolerance is in fact a hold over from our earlier state. Most mammals, humans thousands of years ago included, stop producing lactase (the enzyme that allows digestion of milk) as they age. Some early human societies, however, realized that animal milk was a valuable source of nutrients and started to try drinking it into adulthood. Now most human populations have reached the point where we do continue producing lactase into adulthood. People who are lactose intolerant are part of the natural genetic variation who still have the older trait to stop producing it as they age.

So the basic facts are right, but what these people are ignoring is that with regards to humans what is "natural" for us to eat is pretty meaningless in a modern context.

Here read about lactase persistence it's pretty interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactase_persistence

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The problem I have with this isn't that it happened, but that after it happened the parents aren't helping their kid deal with it in a way that is helpful to the child. I went through a similar thing when I was that age of having no filter and arguing with other children who believed in things I didn't. But when I got upset and talked to my parents about it they didn't get mad at the other children, they helped me think about things differently.

It isn't unreasonable that a child raised as an atheist is going to have these kinds of interactions. But it's the parents' jobs to teach them to make them more productive and less hurtful to all involved.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Brainy Smurf has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Saw this on my Facebook. Today.

Maxine's at it again!!!

• Locked thread