Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So... Does she not know how to spell her own name? What's with the discrepancy between her claiming to have two a's when her name is clearly listed with only one?

Because someone miscounting letters in their own name while postig something asserting they are of superior intelligence is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
He was SEC. co-defensive player of the year, which is something. But his skill set is not a typical one that translates well to pro ball . Which is why he was one of the last picks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

karl fungus posted:

He never actually did the last one, but likes to appear edgy. Ah, the people I used to go to high school with.

When I was 11 on the cusp of puberty, I would do the last one frequently at the library. Find the "joy of sex" books, open one up to a pic of a cock head rubbing against a nipple, drop it in the kids section, wAit in hiding for the screams. To this day, I still wonder, "what the gently caress was wrong with me? How the hell did I turn out semi-normal?!"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My kids like to take off their diapers, but the extremely simple solution is to put on a onesie, with the side benefit of them not having to run around almost naked

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
A lot of the nurses I know believe in something totally unscientific: vaccines cause disease, ph balanced water is crucial, etc.

My theory is that being a nurse correlates with having an inferiority complex about one's intelligence. Doctors are always bossing them around, and they have to do whatever the doc says. Patients frequently act like they know more than nurses.

So these "hey, I'm a MEDICAL NURSE and I know the truth about vaccines," attitudes are a dual compensation for feeling under-intelligent and for not being listened to, ever. All of a sudden, they're the smart ones who know the TRUTH and all these parents look up to and listen to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

This actually makes me pretty mad. Thankfully, I'm not allergic to peanuts but my research used to touch on autoimmunity and peanuts are a loving lethal allergy that affects around 0.6% of the US population. Child mortality (ages 1-4 and 5-14) has fallen more than 0.6% since the '70s but holy poo poo, should 0.6% of the population just die? We are talking hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people dying of an easily preventable thing. Why on Earth would that be a good thing?

Sorry to be pedantic but... Why don't your figures include the age range 4-5?

• Locked thread