Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

I got into a huge argument with someone I didn't know on Facebook over this, just because I happened to comment that the child clearly did not write the sign and the parent is pimping their kid out, and that I find that irritating. Well apparently that means I'm an evil right-wing Jesus freak who doesn't believe in science just because I disagree with making a kid hold up a dumbass sign.
My beliefs lean very far to the left and I consider organized religion to be a farce. I stated this. Didn't change the dude's mind. Sometimes you just can't win.

Y'all fuckers realize that thing is in response to the equally lovely one where there's a pic of a kid with downs but instead it says rubbishlike: "Science says I'm a mistake, an abortion that didn't happen, waa waa" and then that: "Jesus loves them for being a god-fearing soul" and whatnot?

Was in the Terrible forwards thread in D&D bit back if I remember right, the framing is exactly the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

LOLITA:
Classist, exlusionary, bitchy, infantilizing, non-practical, ugly faux-European and anti-social

GYARU:
Cool, healthy, cheap, social and Galo sengen.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I love this Thor poo poo because it sure fits a hell of a lot better to the actual Ásatrú then most of the comics idiocy. They don't even get him being ginger right. Hell, one of the most famous stories about Þór involves him crossdressing with Loki and going to "his" own wedding to get Mjölnir back.

Seeing as Mjölnir is pretty much just an extended penis metaphor, this comic side emasculation is nothing but a return to the source.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This is a joke site, right? RIGHT?!

:sigh:
:allears:
It's always amazing when people find out just how loving deep the MRA hole goes. But just like anything involving nerds, poo poo gets taken way too far and seriously until it ends up being a complete shitshow.

For conent, a few days back there was yet another story about I/P, this time about how some Israeli ultras were dancing and singing about how 'Gaza has no schools 'cause the children are all dead' and whatnot. Typical comment thread, folks outraged, the odd anti-Semite and what have you.

But suddenly, something different cropped up. There were like, 10 different comments that kinda looked a bit different. See if you can spot what might be different about them:

A person with the Israeli flag for an avatar suddenly starts posting in English in a purely Icelandic newspage. And boy howdy, does the poo poo start getting stirred then!

Deceitful Penguin has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Aug 1, 2014

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Either that's a troll, or that's some staggeringly incompetent hasbara. :psyduck:
The profile is legit, unless it's a really old troll 'cause she has like, several hundred friends and pics an poo poo. (from what I can see from just clicking her profile at least)

Some people just are hella bad at arguing their case. There are equally inept pro-Palestinian debaters (like that dude in the earlier pic also talked about how 'joos ar the evilest, also part of nwo rothchilde!!!1" poo poo and others are just dumb instead of nuts like him.

And of course, it's kinda hard to make good points in a place that is so remorselessly anti-Israeli. Like, any pro-Israeli comments in Icelandic are countered fast and hard, because aside from the islamphobic fringe and some of teh ultra-evangelicals, no-one is pro-Israeli. (They're at best lukewarm centrists, though this recent bout is changing a lot of minds regarding that)

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

swampland posted:

Haha so aside from the obvious racism this guy is arguing that gang rape is part of christian morality. And that's a good thing.
Well, it is more economical if you can split up the 50 shekels paid to the dad for it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Kly posted:

Thats a cool credible blog sourcing other blogs.
Yea, what do those loving rape prevention centers loving know???
[adjusts fedora]

And I´d post the latest anti-vax poo poo from a vegetarian cuisine group but honestly, it's the same as always except I decided to just cut the crap and straight up call them babykillers right away, being the idiot myself. Also is all in Icelandic.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Haha, they make blood donation drives here in Iceland occasionally and I always just ask: "Do you still hate homos?" and then when they go: "No, no, it's not hate we just think that the sole group of people in Iceland to have regular checkups about aids shouldn't give blood, because why put in the effort to test it? Also please help we are literally running out of blood."

It's the same here with people from Africa having similar rates of HIV crap, but because it was written by old shits before we allowed foreign people into the country they're allowed to donate.

It's the same thing with bone marrow transplants, where simply because of 'statistics' that apply to several other groups as well, homosexuals aren't allowed to apply.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I'm a republican victory

mng posted:

I'm a locust plague.

It's not just facebook, but the bullheaded "I'm loving mad and I don't care about your opinion!" attitude is really grating. To quote a friend of a friend butchering a Marilyn Monroe quote:
I dunno, I can empathize. A lot of people go through lovely childhoods and end up a bit hosed up. When you grow up getting negative attention no matter what you do, learning when people are making legitimate criticism and just being massive turds to you for no reason is hard.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

TrekBek posted:

Also, Vikings are probably not the best people to spread that belief, considering their cultures were indeed "hurt" by words. (Those words being Christianity.)
In ancient Iceland calling someone a 'fag' was an attack on their reputation, which was legitimate justification for murdering them if they did not rescind those words.

"Cousins may die, livestock may die, we die all the same, but reputation never dies." as the ol' saying goes.

Also the people of Iceland are practically equally norse and celtic they had so many slaves.

In any case, Christianity was voted in as country religion/law so that was that. Of course, if the Norwegian king hadn't been harping on about it no-one woulda cared but eh.

Deceitful Penguin has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

mng posted:

If this is not a thing from Oglaf, I give up

Huh, I'd have guessed Ásatrúar, the guy I had who was super vocal about it used to share a bunch of poo poo like this before he quit facebook after a meltdown that I missed. (Only caught the apology, dude was a huge shithead but I barely knew him anyhow)

IntelligibleChoir posted:

For some reason the Laci Green page always brings out angry fedora people who don't understand what sexism actually is.

It's cause she talks about loving, which draws neckbeards like flies to poo poo. Hope this helped!

• Locked thread