Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

mng posted:

I'm convinced. Every technological advancement since 1920 is a hoax. Maybe even the radio!

What the gently caress do people like this have to gain? I can sooort of understand the people humping the leg of 9/11 conspiracies because deep down they don't want to acknowledge that such a tragedy can take place. But loving HUBBLE?! Even if you do produce the literal thousands of pictures of earth and the solar system, they would still discard them as CGI. Also, GPS doesn't exist, nor did Einstein or Newton.

I am going by the notion that the particular person posting this isn't certified delusional.

Excuse me while I armchair psychologist, but I think the big one is that some people feel insecure about their own intelligence. They see that maybe they haven't achieved the intellectual heights that they wanted to, or maybe even just that there are other people out there who are way better than them in their field, so they construct this fantasy where they're the only ones (or part of a small exclusive group) that knows The Truth, and all those other people who appear more intelligent or successful are just being duped by NASA/Reptilians/Jews.

See Also: Everybody on this goddamn page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

The White Dragon posted:

I'm really bummed that the guy who made Comments Are Retarded or whatever it was called stopped development. I don't want a arbitrarily specific filter that says <comment was blocked because reason>, I want something that converts all YT comments into variations on "HURR DURR DERP DERP"

Ask, and ye shall receive

Also: Bonus philosophy

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Morgellon's is for people with that who won't believe they're delusional. There's even support groups for it on the internet for people who just know that they're infested with awful parasites but that modern medicine won't help them get better. It's one of those mysterious illnesses that people sit around and diagnose each other with but warn that doctors are just in it for the money. It's like grotesquely obese people sitting around diagnosing each other with thyroid issues, basement dwelling neckbeards diagnosing each other with asperger's, and that sort of madness. Some of them likely legitimately have issues but will never seek treatment for real issues. Or completely unrelated things that are harming them. It's sad more than anything.

It's very telling that typing Morgellons into Google will list "Morgellons chemtrails" as a possible completion.

• Locked thread