Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Mister Adequate posted:

Okay I'll bite:

What the hell is their logic? (I use the term loosely).
Couple seconds on google found this gem.

http://projectmonline.com/2010/05/12/the-pill-and-feminism/

quote:

1) Like I've discussed before, I think the Pill takes away a woman's reproductive freedom by making her dependent on (usually male) doctors.

2) The Pill encourages the idea that a woman's fertile body is dangerous and needs to be subdued.

3. The Pill saddles women with the full responsibility of birth control.

So basically bullshit but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Puntification posted:

But like why did they make that joke(?). It seems like a stupid and pointless reference to make just cos macklemoore's surname sounds a bit like Michael Moore.

It's from a parody account that makes fun of forwards your older relatives make on facebook, in emails.

In short, :thejoke:

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Yes, yes you are.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Met posted:

Thought of this thread.

The Oatmeal's Which Game of Thrones Character Are You?

Idiots in the Idiots on Social Media Thread: Stupid poo poo Idiots

I got Hodor.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Sounds like they pay 10 bucks to post on the most troll-free reddits on the web.

or 20 bucks in your case

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Is Friend Zone, in that context, when someone's too chicken poo poo to ask the person on a date?

Regardless, if they're into getting some salad toss then toss that salad!

it's the hip new place where friends hang out

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

DemeaninDemon posted:

Oh right women are vending machines that take niceness and give out blow jobs.

finally someone is telling it like it is!!!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nibbles141 posted:

It's amazing how passionate people can be about abortion yet as soon as a child is born the same people completely turn their back on all involved. If you want people not to have abortions then really you need to also support strong social safety nets for those that don't.

You are the first person to make this observation, congratulations!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Orgophlax posted:

Circumcision is outdated and unnecessary. Is it a huge social issue that needs more attention than other stuff going on? No. But parents shouldn't be hacking off pieces of their babies either for no reason.

Oh god drat it not dick chat.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
NOT loving DICK CHAT gently caress

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
I WILL fight against Dick Chat and you can't stop me!!!!!!!!!!!

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Please do not go to 4chan.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Clochette posted:

Does Morally Inept still post?

Tell us more about broken something awful posters.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

KoldPT posted:

Internet tribalism is really loving dumb.

so is the internet, people, and literally everything

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i'll have you know i ONLY post CORRECT opinions

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

rodbeard posted:

I'm so confused. Does being able to lift Mjolnir magically cause your name to be changed to Thor? It's not like it's a title or something. Wonder Woman lifted it once. Is her name also Thor now?

comic books are silly and do not take them seriously please

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

nucleicmaxid posted:

Dismantling Israel could also mean just not having it there anymore, either moving it or just giving it back to Palestine. Though I personally prefer a two-state solution, I'm also a white liberal from the US so my opinion has little merit. In any case, genocide was a weird conclusion for you to jump to.

this is incredibly facile and never going to happen so good luck bud

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

BonHair posted:

Sorry I even mentioned Israel. I was using some hyperbole, but I'm also not completely opposed to telling the Israelis to go back to wherever they came from/wanted to go (see: USA and Europe) and thus having Israel dismantled. I do not support a holocaust II.

Please go to D&D to discuss Israel and stop the derail now. Or post funny pictures of people cheering for murderers or whatever.

Afraid of Audio posted:

this is incredibly facile and never going to happen so good luck bud

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the same type of rear end who thinks conflict can be boiled down to dudes fightin other dudes

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i want that framed and on my wall, artefacts and all

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Canada also has a problem with racism against first nation people as you can tell by the posts above.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What is a TERF and why is it a slur now?

trans exclusionary radical feminist

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LaughMyselfTo posted:

"Trans-Erasing Radical Feminist". It's someone who positions themselves with the feminist movement, but radically against the transgender rights movement. They're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

they are gigantic jerks

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Explain How! posted:

No-one gives a poo poo about your story, or you.

Cool.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
I care a lot about internet personalities who record internet videos of themselves playing video games on the internet.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Plom Bar posted:

Good work guys. A+. Excellent job all around.

This topic is quite aug imo.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Ok I'm asking
How does a kid eating a peanut butter sandwich make 0,6% of population die

Don't be willfully dense.

Or do, who cares gently caress it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Video games.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Shut up about video games.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Excels posted:

someone made a freedom of information act request for anita's police reports about the "death threats", and they don't exist. i don't know if that proves she faked the threats for attention but at the least it proves she never contacted any authorities about it despite saying she did.

who cares

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Excels posted:

sorry go back to making posts about 9/11

stop posting

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

As conspiracy theories go, at least this one is a lot more grounded in reality than the "there were no planes" Truther nuttiness. Is it really impossible to believe that Cheney, Rumsfeld and other PNAC-affiliated parties could have considered the Bin Laden Determined To Strike in US memo and deliberately chosen not to act on available intelligence, based on a belief that an attack on US soil would turn public opinion in the administration's favor, grant them more influence over federal policy, and make it easier to siphon funds to the defense and energy industries, in which they possessed a significant financial interest?

It all depends on how evil you believe humans can be. At least this theory doesn't violate any laws of thermodynamics, and there's not a single lizard person in sight.

Always nice to see this in the wild.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Video games

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I'm gonna be honest, every single person I've seen who's made a big deal about gamergate has been a weird sadsack. I don't even care who's right and who's wrong, I just know that it's extremely important to a lot of deeply broken people.

Yes.
http://kazerad.tumblr.com/post/97302487238/disagreement

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
why yes correlation is causation im a scientist

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Small Frozen Thing posted:

The Dutch are a very direct people. They're pretty open about how they feel about things, which can be quite shocking when you come from an Anglosphere nation where you're supposed to couch your horrible views in euphemism and innuendo. :v:

This is not a positive quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

karl fungus posted:

This statement is incomprehensible.

You have cracked the code.

• Locked thread