Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Having facebook comments counts, right?

A longtime family friend shared this and my mom commented she'd "rather be fat than miserable" (as a former fat, there's no difference :ssh:), and the comments on this article are gloriously in-denial fatfolk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

TrekBek posted:

Yo, you may have gotten past the fat thing, but it looks like you still have the miserable part...

Baby steps :smith:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

apathetic JAP posted:

From a local parenting group. :cripes:

Some people want to mangle poor little bellies, it's so sad :(

They really think getting a baby's spine to make a popping sound is good for their health...

e.: typos

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Nov 15, 2014

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Dear Prudence posted:

Oh gently caress noooo. Post this video in response. :nms:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=00e_1414373685

Ahh!! I couldn't do it, I couldn't watch the whole thing, that poor little belly could have gotten whiplash, SBS, or worse... :ohdear:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

It's because of all the chemicals in medicine!!!!! :rant:

And wow, "majik" is a new one. Is it some kind of pastime to come up with new, stupider spellings for that word?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

Taking chemically active preparations in standardized doses is bad. Just cramming chemically active herbal preparations willy nilly into your body is awesome! Why, sure, random stranger, I'll take that pennyroyal. How much should I take? A bunch? Well, all righty then. (Brain damage ensues.)

Well, plants come from nature, and pharmaceuticals are manufactured from poisonous ether in massive, smoke-billowing early 20th century factories. Nature = good, things touched by the taint of machines = bad

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Ronnie posted:

What reaction am I supposed to have to this? Do I gasp in aw and become enlightened? Am I supposed to feel dumb for not thinking about god when I make a call? What if I already believe in god am I going to nod my head in agreement? Who is this for and why Brainy smurf? Like he's telling me some smart fact! You can just tell someone googled "clever cartoon" and just picked whatever was on the front page in all it's lovely resolution glory.

A lot of the time people will put their "deep" philosophy/silly agendas/lovely opinions next to cute or beloved cartoon characters for an air of legitimacy. See the snoopy cartoons with racist bullshit earlier in the thread.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

The worst ones are the MLP ones, because my little sisters watch that show and I just really don't like to imagine a cute little show for little bellies (:peanut:) being used to lend some kind of agreement to awful political statements or :biotruths:

Also, I'm tempted to share this one, just to see if my right-winger friends would like/share this unironically:

Hey, a lot of my friends are pretty stupid, let's see what kind of poo poo they post:

I knew it was stupid conservatard propaganda the whole time! :downs:

e: vvv I wouldn't do it if the representatives of the american right weren't literally loving insane vvv

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Nov 17, 2014

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

It's me, I'm the idiot on social media.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Don't forget about Derek. :v:

I love that show :allears:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

What's weird about it? I've always called babies that. :confused:

edit: anyway have some idiots:

You're American, dude :psyduck:

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 03:51 on Nov 18, 2014

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

mng posted:

I call my ejaculate 'tiny future bellies'

Yeah it's weird, dude.

That's a very strange thing to suddenly come to mind, also I'm not a dude :psyduck:

I didn't mean anything less than innocent by the term (I've been using it since I was 3 or 4), but I'll stop since it really seems like a weird fetish/paraphilia thing to everyone (:stonk:)

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Serious question, are you 80? That sounds like something an old biddy says.

I'm 21. I'm just the first-born and my mom's been slipping into "confined to the bed permanently" status over the past decade or so and has continued having children, so I've been heavily involved in the care of small children for about half my life.

The latest one is the same age as the "Forum Babby" avatar and she says there won't be anymore, but we'll see where that goes.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Yikes, that's really sad. I'm sorry :/ is your mom part of Quiverful or...?

No, we're not even a religious family (only my grandmother is religious and she's a very loose and liberal christian who doesn't attend church or make religious references). I'm not sure why she's had so many, but she told me birth control doesn't work as well for black women (I don't get it :psyduck:) and she got pregnant with the latest while both her legs were broken.

:siren:UPDATE ON THE SNOOPY POST:siren:

Nobody's taken the bait at all :(

Edit: actually my stepdad and my biological dad are both white vvv

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Nov 18, 2014

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

This is and has been a very weird derail, let's look at some idiots on social media. There was a nice link in the tumblr thread full of juicy bits of "fat people logic":

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Fats can be very sweet, or very bitter. The ones you usually hear about (and the ones that are fun to poke fun at) are the bitter ones:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Stuntman posted:

Jesus, they straight-up sound like the kind of fat people internet jerks invented to make up stories with.

I know a lot of people like that. It's very strange. There's a point where you get so committed to laziness and your love of large quantities of poo poo ANY food, that you become a caricature.

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Nov 18, 2014

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Hey guys, have some blatant racism! I'm guessing Daily Stormer is like a 4Chan support-website or something.

http://www.dailystormer.com/the-new-pantsupdontloot-billboard-campaign-contribute-now-to-save-the-world-from-black-people/

Well, now it's time to clear my history.

I mean, the name, the icon... really all that needs to be shared.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is just so dumb.

Usually someone complaining about "fake people" and uses "smh" as punctuation is an idiot.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tracula posted:

:justpost: then. Every loving thread on SA gets off topic but if you wanna help then find some idiots on social media and post them rather than posting about posting.

3edgy5me.

My mom posts memes and dumb quiz results in this vein.

It's pretty weird, because this same person also claims to be very caring and protective. You can't be a sociopath and ALSO care about everyone you know :psyduck:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Evil Demon.

Well OK.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Thanks for sharing.

I'm very special :downs:

have some idiots on social media. I unfriended this guy over this:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

:ssh: School lunches always looked like poo poo, but suddenly they used to be very good when Michelle Obama creates an initiative to change them!

Honestly, it looks no worse than the poo poo I got in school growing up. Cafeteria food is always pretty bad, and presentation was never a big aspect of it (because you're serving kids). I'd go out on a limb and say that if I were served this in school, it looks like a slightly higher quality lunch.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Business casual is growing ever more popular and she probably also likes guys who wear suits for every occasion. If you've been on a liberal arts college campus there are always a couple of those dudes and 100% of the time they are the most painfully awkward people alive.

Probably because they have to dress like that to make up for lack of a personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

Saw this on my Facebook. Today.

Hey, that's the old lady from that funny crank picture book I had when I was 8. "The bigger they are, the harder it is to find pants that fit."

These aptioons aren't the slightest bit funny thoug.

• Locked thread