Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Recently one group that I follow had been successful in having the page of a group that advocates stalking, harassing, and interfering with the lives of a certain minority removed from Facebook for violating community guidelines. The hate group has put up a new page, and gone immediately back to their ways, leading to new reports of the new page. Of course, we're all getting automated responses that there's nothing wrong with this new page, despite it being the exact same group with the exact same kinds of posts. A tale of social media itself being idiotic, and one that surprises no one, sadly.

(Seriously, Facebook, why is it so loving hard to get a page removed when it's obviously the exact same as the page you removed just hours before?)

I follow the same group. Considering they refuse to remove almost any hate speech about that minority to begin with, I'm not shocked they're pretty blase about the page as well. Also, why are we being cagey about the minority?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

is he pulling his tail while taking a poo poo?

What's he supposed to do, poo poo on his tail?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

M_Sinistrari posted:

As the one person on my facebook who was trying to get disability to get out of working ended up quitting anyway, she's been filling the time with more of this stuff.

My inflammation often talks to me as well.

quote:

How does that work? Are we all secretly missing our left hemisphere? Are hemispheres, themselves, conspiracies?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sixty-some odd year old cousin who always shares moneybags and all.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Things like the Magnavox Odyssey and the VCRs of the 60s beg to differ that 80s kids were the first to play video games and use VCRs.

I was born in the 80s, and my mom was playing video games well before I was born.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had a friend use the "it's a certain type of black person, can mean a white person, and means ignorant" thing. When I was like "Uh, what." she compared it to oval office to try to show it wasn't a slur. Kinda backfired for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

De Nomolos posted:

I work in a medical field. It's impossible to accurately diagnose most of the time and 99% of people who claim it have no idea what it is, they just heard that friends of theirs with fatigue issues linked to something else have it. It's almost always concurrent with a very treatable issue like iron deficiency or untreated diabetes or prediabetes.

It also doesn't help when people allege they have "Malignant Fibromyalgia" and/or treat it homeopathically because they blame their condition on common modern medications.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a rheumatologist. I also have migraines, IBS, and the other poo poo that goes with it, so I figure it's a legit diagnosis. It's a diagnosis of exclusion for the most part, from what I can tell, though research hs shown that people with fibromyalgia are basically probably just over-sensitive to like, everything. For example, I have photophobia, and if I don't moisturize my hands, the feeling of slight dryness drives me nuts. It sucks majorly to actually have, it's like having the flu all the time for the most part. People who are tired sometimes or some poo poo and self diagnose piss me off, because people already have trouble believing it's a real thing.

This is the second time I've heard the phrase "malignant fibromyalgia" though. What the gently caress is that even supposed to mean? That it'll kill you somehow?

• Locked thread