Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
made of bees
May 21, 2013

This one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
It's a term actually used in Marxist thought but yeah a lot of people just use it to make 'not being a bigoted reactionary moron' sound scary.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Horrible as Bill Cosby is, I'm pretty sure one of the speeches attributed to him that gets passed around social media by racists was really obviously not him.

E: No wait, that one is the one he actually said, "I'm 83 and tired" is the fake one.

made of bees has a new favorite as of 18:59 on May 11, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Manfrompoot posted:

If it weren't for that kind of "stupid" thinking the negro league would still be around.

He's not talking about people who said "Jackie Robinson is just as good as any white player, just let him play in the white leagues". He's talking about some hypothetical (but probably real) idiot arguing "There's no reason to celebrate Jackie Robinson, his career was unremarkable, sports are about talent, not race". The latter is a cowardly, dishonest argument used by bigots trying to pass itself off as the former and make people arguing for equality look like the real bigots.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
It's not really a formal hierarchy, but Jesus Himself answers the question of 'what is the most important commandment' rather directly, and I've had some success quoting it against bigots:

Matthew 22:35-40 posted:

35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Mark 12:28-31 posted:

28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”

Luke 10:25-28 posted:

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

made of bees
May 21, 2013
See my idea was to ask if today is the day we remember Wounded Knee, My Lai, and Fallujah (I did not actually do this).

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Because putting your words in the mouth of a cartoon character meant to make fun of people like yourself is definitely a good way to get people to take you seriously.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Why Is It All Capitalized

I've seen several people who type like this, and the one person I actually knew well enough to feel comfortable asking said 'This Was How I Was Taught To Type, I'm Just Used To It'. Which sounds like total horseshit, but I have no idea.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

canyoneer posted:

Has anyone ever been actually called a "cracker" in the last 100 years outside of a joke or a STDH.txt story?

The only person I've ever heard use 'cracker' with any real animosity behind it was my grandfather, an archetypal old rich white southerner. He uses it for poor white southerners, especially ones from Florida, for some reason.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Lobsterpillar posted:

Do people just pick random image macros and write their own rant over them?

Each image has its own consistent meaning even if they make no sense. The penguin puffin, for instance is for 'unpopular opinions'.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Front page of Imgur counts, right?

Title: "Fair is Fair"
Description: "As a black man, I do think this is bullshit. Be proud of yourself, cracka."

I was about to say using a picture of Timothy McVeigh kinda undermines the point, but now that I look at it it looks more like the white dude is some sort of digital composite image, while the rest are actual people.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
'Irish pride' is kind of a weird middle ground because at least in America Irish people were once not considered white but now are. But yeah, it tends to be specific nationalities that were once discriminated against, like Irish and Italians. the only people who actively care about white pride (and to a lesser extent, poo poo like Anglo-Saxon pride) are racist assholes.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Spalec posted:

Also, what does that stuff do to your shits? Do you even poop anymore? Isn't that going to lead to bowel cancer and other horrible things?

I would think a food replacement would include some sort of dietary fiber, but what do I know, that might be too inefficient.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Stottie Kyek posted:

The weirdest thing is he likes a whole load of neo-Nazi pages too despite the fact he'd be the first against the wall if they got any power.

I dunno, he is an Aryan, after all :v:

made of bees
May 21, 2013

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

In the book "Natural Cures THEY Don't Want You To Know!", the author claims that homogenizing milk is bad because it breaks up the milk molecules, and the too small milk molecules will make scratches on the walls of your arteries which makes it real easy for cholesterol to stick to them.

Milk molecules.

Giving that book back to the person who lent it to me with a straight face was a hell of an accomplishment.

I actually friended her on facebook a while ago but she hasn't posted anything too stupid, amazingly. I do worry about her baby sometimes. :(

I looked that book up and I really like that its Wikipedia article is helpful enough to call the author a fraud in the very first line.

made of bees
May 21, 2013

What's it called when you feel embarrassed on someone else's behalf? Because that's what I getting from the last sentence of that first paragraph.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
My understanding is that it doesn't matter what the drugs actually do, as long as their sincerely held religious beliefs say that the drugs induce an abortion.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I've heard you either have to stay home for two weeks or wear diapers while using that stuff, because it causes pretty much non-stop diarrhea.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
It's been a while since my great-aunt posted some racist poo poo. I thought someone might have convinced her to cut it out, then last night I saw this.

made of bees has a new favorite as of 13:18 on Aug 11, 2014

made of bees
May 21, 2013
This isn't idiocy in and of itself, but in case you're wondering where all those fake 'Today is the day Marty McFly goes to in Back to the Future!' images come from, apparently there's a very dedicated troll churning them out once a day.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Is the mustachio'd man someone famous? Or maybe they think he is because they think they all look the same?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Wait, isn't 'X LOGIC' supposed to be a way of making fun of X?

made of bees
May 21, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Georgia goon here: You're wrong, those people are in Alabama. Georgia is actually pretty nice.

And then an Alabama goon comes in and says it's really Tennessee, Tennessee goon comes in and says it's really Mississippi, and Xylo bans all of you because he can't think of anyone to pass the buck to.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
has anyone said cultural marxism yet?

made of bees
May 21, 2013
not effective as a phishing scheme, 2/10

made of bees
May 21, 2013
I don't think any Scots would argue that they are not British in the sense of being from the isle of Great Britain, but they would object to the idea that this means they must always and forever be British in the sense of being subjects of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, often colloquially called 'Britain'. This person seems to think they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Obviously the shooter killed half the people then the government came in and killed the other half. It's the only scenario that makes sense, really.

• Locked thread