Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Lap-Lem posted:

If a drug company found out celery juice lowered blood pressure, don't you think they would distill that poo poo down into pill form and patent it, then sell it to you for $3 a pill. Pretty sure most people would happily buy the pill instead of blending, then drinking down a glass of celery juice a day. Besides celery isn't exactly free, how much does that giant glass of celery juice cost a day? Looks like a whole stalk of celery in a glass. Plus the cost of labor it's going to be way over $3. My effort alone is worth more then $3.

Look, I have a garden in my yard where I grow vegetables, I understand how awesome it is to eat fresh, ripe foods. I like working outside, pulling weeds, and puttering around in nature and I think it's pretty rad. But, some people take this poo poo just way too far.

I'm more curious as to why it needs to be a juice? Why not just eat a stalk of celery instead of throwing it into a blender and dirtying up a bunch of dishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Finisher1 posted:

You're arguing with someone who honestly thinks that getting D's in high school means you "don't deserve" to earn a basic living wage.

Just walk away dude.

I got like all D's and E's in High school. Once I was out of High School I was making like 30k a year after about a year. This just continued to go up until oh about 2008 when I lost my then current job at about 48k a year. I now make less than 12k a year, and I'm loving grateful for it. Grateful for anything really. And I wish I got all my taxes back. I got 400 bucks for my federal returns.

And it's funny because I never once did drugs in high school. But during that stint of not horribly paying jobs? EVERYONE I knew did drugs. Now that I'm poor again, don't know anyone who does em because at 12k a year you just can't loving afford the stuff.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

And now those same quarters are worth 18.75, so congrats on your 8 dollar pay cut you dumb jpeg.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Praseodymi posted:

According to this website it's only worth $3.75 melted down anyway.

That's per quarter, so if you have five of them it'd be 18.75.

And it's only one of the things wrong with the picture, I just deal with coins (and precious metals) all the time so that bugged me moreso.

Edit: And the picture decided on 5 quarters, which is one ounce (how convenient). So they probably didn't even do the actual melt value and just went by what an ounce of pure silver was at the time.

Leper Residue has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Jul 28, 2014

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Excels posted:

what a... time to be alive...?

:psyduck:

Wouldn't this just scare the poo poo out of the fish and possibly kill it?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I was thinking it'd be like a hamster ball, where you allow your pet a few minutes of terrifying freedom for your amusement.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

dijon du jour posted:

"Women objectify themselves" is some real philosophical poo poo. Can one really objectify oneself? Is a short skirt an inherently sexy object? If a woman falls in the forest, and no one's around to see her boobs, is she still a slut?

If she has boobs and isn't currently having sex with him, than she's a slut, regardless of what she is wearing.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

SystemLogoff posted:

I missed the whole Dickwolves thing, how bad was it? I love train-wreck stories. :allears:

Dickwolves was amazing. PA made a not so terrible joke about how in MMO games you save like 7 prisoners, and the rest of the prisoners can just get raped by dickwolves.

Apparently this sort of joke is just not right, cause people are getting raped by dickwolves all the time. But no really, rape jokes aren't cool.

So they reply, in an awesome fashion with "If you are raping someone right now, you should stop, cause rape isn't cool."

Very very classy. Then later the one dude talks about how transgender people shouldn't be considered the sex they want to be/are and they shouldn't act like they've got it hard.

needless to say I've stopped reading PA. gently caress the lot of em.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Their response to the whole thing really.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Macaluso posted:

What on earth?

This feels like the most baffling thing posted here. I can't even remember the names of any of my cousins

It really differs from family to family. Growing up my cousins really were my closest friends, we hung out all the time. My roommates best friend from like 7-19 was his cousin.

My other roommate isn't even sure what her cousins names are, even though she knows the aunts and uncles. Maybe it had to do with amount? I had dozens of cousins, so it was either know some cousins and enjoy holidays, or not know anyone in the drat house. Roommate was pretty much an only child and same with his cousin so they were all they had. The other had brothers and her cousins had siblings so who cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I just... don't... even... What?

Well obviously if you think Muslims are alright, then baby killers are just fine as well.

I mean I invited a muslim to my kids birthday party, and then I called over Frankie, the kid raper.

• Locked thread