Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

AuxPriest posted:

Alright so, the money face thing? Thought it was one of the funniest things in this thread in particular.

This morning, my cousin shared the god drat thing. Not as a joke or anything, but shared it from someone else's face. This morning I've found three shares of the god drat "money face"

This is loving hilarious.

Thank you.

Holy poo poo, that poo poo circulated back to the thread fast. Social mediaIdiots really seem more responsive/fast these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Anatharon posted:

Remember those innocent days when Metal Gear Rising was a parody of politics?

I believe Occam's Razor is best applied to this kind of situation. :v:

Are you sure you don't mean Hanlon's razor instead?

quote:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

And in this case I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply, since he is being both stupid and malicious. Takes some real skill, give the guy his due. public shaming

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Byzantine posted:

Fibromyalgia is an actual thing, if that's what you mean.

For a long time I was mixing up fibromyalgia and Morgellons disease, so I would have similar reactions to people going on about fibromyalgia. While Morgellons is basically delusional bullshit, fibromyalgia is apparently a legit autoimmune-ish disease, although the cause is apparently unknown and the treatment options are limited.

Morgellons is hilariously crazy though:

Wikipedia posted:

Morgellons (also called Morgellons disease or Morgellons syndrome) is a condition whose sufferers have the delusional belief that they are infested with disease-causing agents described as things like insects, parasites, hairs or fibers, but in reality no such things are present.[1]

Sufferers may exhibit a range of cutaneous symptoms such as crawling, biting, and stinging sensations (formication), unusual fibers in the skin, and persistent skin lesions (e.g., rashes or sores). These symptoms have been identified by a range of medical experts[2] including dermatologists,[3] entomologists,[4] and psychiatrists,[5] as consistent with delusional parasitosis (DP or DOP).[1] Some cases of self-diagnosed Morgellons have been more accurately diagnosed as known skin disorders.[3]

The name was coined in 2002 by Mary Leitao,[6] whose "Morgellons Research Foundation" and its self-diagnosed patients successfully lobbied members of the U.S. Congress and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to investigate the condition.[2][7] CDC researchers issued the results of their multi-year study in January 2012, indicating that there were no disease organisms present in Morgellons patients, the fibers found consisted mainly of cellulose, which the CDC suggested were likely cotton, and concluded that, in these respects, the condition was "similar to more commonly recognized conditions such as delusional infestation".

For more information, check out coast to coast AM and delusional nutjobs across the internet.

• Locked thread