Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

If a drug company found out celery juice lowered blood pressure, don't you think they would distill that poo poo down into pill form and patent it, then sell it to you for $3 a pill. Pretty sure most people would happily buy the pill instead of blending, then drinking down a glass of celery juice a day. Besides celery isn't exactly free, how much does that giant glass of celery juice cost a day? Looks like a whole stalk of celery in a glass. Plus the cost of labor it's going to be way over $3. My effort alone is worth more then $3.

Look, I have a garden in my yard where I grow vegetables, I understand how awesome it is to eat fresh, ripe foods. I like working outside, pulling weeds, and puttering around in nature and I think it's pretty rad. But, some people take this poo poo just way too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

NightWig posted:

Dutch dude I know who makes like 99% of his posts in English. This is some American share he did, and there is some logical problem here. Bombs aren't that legal to own in the US, from what I understand.

I never understood this argument. It's such an obvious strawman. No one ever blamed the gun in a shooting. Never in the history of forever. Not a single gun has been sentenced to jailtime, or even arrested by the police or tried for murder. No one blames guns for killing.

On the other hand, cars are highly regulated, who can (legally) drive them, and what they can and can not have to be legally allowed to drive on the roads. The materials to make bombs are regulated, black powder, TNT, etc. In the US Guns are not really regulated (Oh I suppose you cannot own a Bazooka... in some circumstances). I'm all for gun ownership, but we need to get out of the Wild West at least.

• Locked thread