Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
So basically Viz are censoring Sailor Moon by removing the original censorship of same-sex couples from the American dub?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Seriously the dub was awful. Serena's voice was grating and Molly had a random NJ accent that was also annoying.
Molly's voice was loving great.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Not in my experience when I lived there or in the people I am related to, she looks like Cincinnati or bumfuck Appalachia. She genuinely appears retarded/FAS. I'm kind of surprised that an elected official still talks like that on their public Facebook, though. I suppose I shouldn't be these days, though.
Lived here all my life and yup, she looks pretty normal for here. I don't know what that says for Northern Ireland, so take from that what you will.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Kajeesus posted:

Incidentally, internet pedophiles don't understand why they aren't allowed to do the job instead of people who are psychologically destroyed by it. Some of them even offer to do it freelance, pro bono.
Pro boner.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
DICKCHAT. As a non-American, why is it normal for kids to be circumcised for reasons other than medical or religion? The rest of the world have gotten pretty good at washing it once in a while so the hygiene comment doesn't seem too valid. :confused:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Picnic Princess posted:

Body-shaming thin people, insulting those who date thin people, AND comparing women to slabs of meat. Simply stellar job!
I also wouldn't order a steak that was wrapped in human skin. :confused:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
So the US planned for all these countries to want to out of Europe, so that they will want to no longer be countries but instead become just states within the nation of Europe? :confused:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The UK dislike for the Polish baffles me, given that our national stereotype for them is that they're polite and very hard workers.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

The "Name a ____ without the letter _ in it" memes have hit a new low.

In the last few months it seems like radio stations (usually not from the country of the person sharing it) have taken over lovely memes on Facebook. When and why did this happen?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Squallege posted:

The next step should be people giving themselves swirlies.
Can we just mix dumping buckets of water on yourself with the boiling water snow thing that horribly burned a lot of people last winter?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I love you.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Ok I'm asking
How does a kid eating a peanut butter sandwich make 0,6% of population die
Totally. I mean, how could eating a food that you know will cause a severe allergic reaction to a child in close proximity to that child ever be dangerous at all?

Edit: there's been an ACTUAL example earlier of someone touching a table that has a tiny bit of food residue on it and the fucker had to be airlifted to safety.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Serperoth posted:

Imgur is becoming more and more low-hanging fruit by the day:

I love how it's not even a pretty kept beard, unless I'm mistaken on that and it's supposed to have various hairs protruding everywhere.
At some stage, about a quarter of all posts on my Facebook news feed became single bearded men talking about how much all women get wet at the sight of a beard.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Leofish posted:

First they came for the misogynists, and I did not speak up, because I was not a misogynist.
Then they came for the racists, and I did not speak up, because I was not a racist.
Then they came for the homophobes, and I did not speak up, because I was not a homophobe.
And then it was actually much better.
Robin Ince put it best I think: "First they came for the bigots and I said nothing, because I didn't believe I was a bigot. Then, it was really nice. It turned out it was the bigots who'd been the main issue. We just all went out and had a lovely picnic together."

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Whiteycar posted:

Also suddenly turning super conservative when it comes to tax dollars. Literally like 80% of the people I know who became parents went down this path. Super weird.
"My child is the most important child there is, so I should keep my whole paycheque to make sure s/he gets the best stuff! Other children aren't anywhere near as special as mine so don't deserve my handouts, the scrounging fucks."

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
The problem with judging Stewart Lee based on clips from YouTube is that generally his shows are written to be a whole product. There'll be some funny bits that you can lift (e.g. his bit pining for the good old days of the IRA) but usually you'll lose a lot of context by only seeing a single piece.

Though yeah, he's absolutely the epitome of liberal smugness, but that's all part of the act really.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
These are the teachers:

I remember when those kind of stories would break here in the UK and even when I was in school, the general opinion would be that the (male) kid is a legend. The age of consent here is 16. Although strangely, sexual predator teacher stories that I've seen always seem to be cases where female teachers are attractive, male teachers tend to look much creepier. It's obviously wrong to take advantage of that kid, but I can't imagine it would've been too hard to coerece a hormonal 16 year old boy to have a threesome with two attractive women.

With all that being said, I always assumed that the general consensus was that guys are pretty gross to older women until they hit around 20. You'll hear plenty of older male creepers talk about how hot they find teenage girls, but I never hear creepy older women talk about how much they're turned on by teenage guys.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Every person I know who never had their mom go back to work when they were kids were useless people as adults because they were used to mommy doing everything for them and they suddenly didn't have mommy to nag them about deadlines and do their laundry and cook dinner for them for the first time ever when they finally moved out, with predictable results.
Can confirm. My mum never went to work after having me and my brother and I can't cook for poo poo.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Met posted:

Change thread names to be confusing, someone says it's stupid, say they're mad.

I guess if that's fun to you... :shrug:
Yeah pretty mad.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Literally blood money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Kay Kessler posted:

That's actually from an anti-theft PSA. The anti-rape poster that the police sent out was non-victim-blaming. The person who originally posted that on tumblr/twitter blurred the text at the bottom to keep that hidden apparently.
I think the visible thong makes it an attempt to cover both bases of theft and rape. If it was just stuff likes phones and cameras then yeah, it's an unfortunate advert but whatever; adding the thong to tell women not to "show off" their bodies is pretty gross.

• Locked thread