Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's tremendously silly but I also hate the twitter spoilers. I want to see the words form on Goodell's chipmunk lips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I see 8 possible selections for the Jets at 18. All of which are roughly on the same tier talent-wise, although Mike Evans is probably guaranteed a higher selection than any other. Rumors of the Jets moving up for OBJ don't make much sense, but if Watkins/Evans are available in the 4-6 range, I definitely think moving up a strong possibility.

In the end I think they stay put and take Marqise Lee over Cooks. Dennard, Ebron, Evans and Beckham will be gone.

CB Darqueze Dennard (Michigan State)
CB Justin Gilbert (Oklahoma State)
CB Kyle Fuller (Virginia Tech)
TE Eric Ebron (North Carolina)
WR Brandin Cooks (Oregon State)
WR Marqise Lee (USC)
WR Mike Evans (Texas A&M)
WR Odell Beckham Jr. (LSU)

Febreeze posted:

twitter spoilers are waaaaaay worse. I remember one year it might have been Jeffersonlives & a few others who kept posting twitter findings and ruining the picks before they were shown.
It was probably me since I really don't see any difference in hearing Goodell announce it vs reading it on Twitter. I just want the info. Last year people whined a lot and I didn't post any spoilers, comforted by the fact I knew who was being picked and could pre-craft witty replies rather than spamming :laffo:.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
No twitter spoilers compared to the rear end in a top hat moves I pulled at the draft with Primebutt. It was the first year where twitter spoilers started happening and he was reading off all the Schefter tweets to me and I would loudly announce them to everyone in the mezzanine level.

People around me thought I was a draft savant.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Everyone wants in on the draft gifs but I would give anything to erase DHB.gif from ever happening

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ozu posted:

In the end I think they stay put and take Marqise Lee over Cooks.

Please please please please let this be true.

Cooks to KC Chefs

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

No twitter spoilers compared to the rear end in a top hat moves I pulled at the draft with Primebutt. It was the first year where twitter spoilers started happening and he was reading off all the Schefter tweets to me and I would loudly announce them to everyone in the mezzanine level.

People around me thought I was a draft savant.

They probably thought you were some kind of football Rain Man

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Who cares about Twitter spoilers.

Does it really ruin your enjoyment that much if you read a pick a couple of seconds before Roger's stupid face says it?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

kiimo posted:

Cooks to KC Chefs

The good news is that I like most of the first round receivers so it'll be hard to mess up. Watch us take Cody Latimer two rounds early.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

Does it really ruin your enjoyment that much if you read a pick a couple of seconds before Roger's stupid face says it?

Is it really that hard to come to terms with the fact that drat near everybody doesn't want twitter spoilers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

Cooks to KC Chefs
I've wanted Lee for 2 years so I'm not going to be upset at all if they draft him. Or JFF for that matter because Manziel owns.

I'll only be pissed if the trade up for Ebron or take Clinton-Dix. Or Kelvin Benjamin. gently caress that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

Yes, actually.

I like the anticipation of everyone awaiting the pick at the same time. Experiencing the draft first hand is a good example, as you can hear the entire crowd get quiet then erupt as soon as the pick is made. Twitter spoilers ruin that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

twitter spoilers are waaaaaay worse. I remember one year it might have been Jeffersonlives & a few others who kept posting twitter findings and ruining the picks before they were shown.

Can we ban twitter in the GDT? Kalli oh mighty one?

Considering I was also posting them, I might be a bit biased! But like Ozu, after the complaints leading up to last year, I did not.

That said, I'm not gonna stop people from posting clearly available twitter when half the thread has the information already anyway, but I will step in if people are being excessive dicks to each other about it.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Dexo posted:

Kind of. The draft is a spectacle, and a spectacle is at it's most fun when you don't know what's going to happen till it happens. It's like a TV show. If I know a character is going to die/whatever before it happens, the suspense gets lost on me and I'm just waiting for it to happen. Then i'm watching other people react but can't really participate in the reactions myself. It's more fun when you learn at the same time as everyone else.

ESPN banned showing the players on the phone reacting before the pick was officially made for exactly this reason. Lots of people were getting spoiled that wanted in on the fun. It matters to people. If it doesn't matter to you, then by all means go on twitter and get the info, but there's no need to ruin the fun for everyone else who just wants to enjoy it the classic way if all you wanted was the information.

It's not a huge deal or anything, but it does dampen the experience for some of us.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 7, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dexo posted:

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's tremendously silly but I also hate the twitter spoilers. I want to see the words form on Goodell's chipmunk lips.

Yes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure why people are upset about people being upset about it. Isn't it easier to just not take the time to copy and paste a twitter spoiler? How hard is that? Just don't copy and paste it, problem solved. It's like people want the right to copy and paste it because freaking out about spoilers is dumb in theory. I don't see what anyone gains by having their right to be the one who shares a twitter first honored. If people want twitter updates they can just go to twitter. I'm just confused why it's even an argument.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Aside from nostalgia or something I'm not sure why you would want to wait for Goodell to march up there. Twitter spoilers are great

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Suspense. If I just wanted the information I'd wait till Sunday and read it in the paper.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Puppy's going to be awfully disappointed when his team's guest announcers take the stage instead of Goodell :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pro days are bunk.txt

Asked an exec for a team that evaluated QBs which private workout was most impressive. Throwing the ball, it was Tom Savage. Some real hype

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Top 10 draft order (Draft-Trade City Patrol!!!):

Jadeveon Clowney - Oakland Raiders
Johnny Manziel - Minnesota Vikings
Blake Bortles - Jacksonville Jaguars
Sammy Watkins - Detroit Lions
Teddy Bridgewater - Houston Texans
Khalil Mack - Atlanta Falcons
Greg Robinson - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jake Matthews - St. Louis Rams
Mike Evans - Buffalo Bills
Aaron Donald - Cleveland Browns

There will be 3+ trades in the top 10.

Derrick Carr will not go in the 1st round.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 7, 2014

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thats the second round, but yeah Michael McCrary is overrated. Nothing will top Johnathan Ogden announcing the Arthur Brown pick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here's my non-trade guess on picks.

code:
1. Houston	Jadeveon Clowney
2. St. Louis	Jake Matthews
3. Jacksonville	Johnny Manziel
4. Cleveland	Khalil Mack
5. Oakland	Sammy Watkins
6. Atlanta	Greg Robinson
7. Tampa Bay	Aaron Donald
8. Minnesota	C.J. Mosley
9. Buffalo	Taylor Lewan
10. Detroit     Darqueze Dennard

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Also, last chance for anyone doing Predict the Pick on nfl.com. I made a group called the Farthouse and the password is goons. Here's a link: http://predictpick.nfl.com/groups/view/1365

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Kalli posted:

That said, I'm not gonna stop people from posting clearly available twitter when half the thread has the information already anyway, but I will step in if people are being excessive dicks to each other about it.

Yeah I bet you will. Youre still a ban virgin aren't you

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Didn't we look down upon them last year?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rumors courtesy of Tony Pauline.

quote:

*Speaking of Bortles, if he slides past the Minnesota Vikings at the eight spot look for the Arizona Cardinals to work the phones in an attempt to move up for a chance to select the quarterback.

*For the second year in a row I’m told the Oakland Raiders are shopping their first round pick. And while there’s been interest no team has matched Oakland’s asking price. Right now the players they would like at number five would be one of the following; Khalil Mack, Mike Evans or Sammy Watkins. If they are able to trade down the pick is likely to be quarterback Derek Carr, who’ll give them a long term option at the position and would bring a lot of local interest.

*One insider told me the feeling amongst the 32 general managers is the hope Manziel is gone before they are called to the clock so there’s no discussion or distraction of selecting the signal caller. I’m told nowhere is this more apparent than Tampa Bay where owners are pushing for Manziel but wish of head coach Lovie Smith is defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My bold prediction is that the Cowboys are gonna gently caress this up.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Rap posted:

he wants his first time to be special

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You should see my CFL ban. It's not in the leper's colony though, it was a really special thing.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
1. Houston Texans - Teddy Bridgewater
2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Jadeveon Clowney
4. Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel
5. Oakland Raiders - Sammy Watkins
6. Atlanta Falcons - Khalil Mack
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Blake Bortles
8. Minnesota Vikings - Anthony Barr
9. Buffalo Bills - Mike Evans
10. Detroit Lions - Darqueze Dennard

Reach of the Draft:

Blake Bortles

Steal of the Draft:

Taylor Lewan

Team Who Draft Pundits Will Dick Suck The Most For Their Picks:

New England Patriots

edit: Bah gawd king, that's Blake Bortles' music!

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 8, 2014

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
code:
1. Houston	Jadeveon Clowney
2. St. Louis	Jake Matthews
3. Jacksonville	Johnny Manziel
4. Cleveland	Sammy Watkins
5. Oakland	Greg Robinson
6. Atlanta	Khalil Mack
7. Tampa Bay	Mike Evans
8. Minnesota	Teddy Bridgewater
9. Buffalo	Eric Ebron
10. Detroit     Darqueze Dennard
Reach: Johnny Manziel.

Steal: David Fales (of course).

Team Who Draft Pundits Will Dick Suck The Most For Their Picks: Rams.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SlipUp posted:

New England Patriots

They will either trade up and be lauded for getting a weapon for Brady to win right now with or disparaged for abandoning the Patriot way (despite trading up twice in the 1st round two years ago).

Or they will trade back and the exact opposite will happen.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Their picks will be awful so even faint praise could be considered a quickie.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

My bold prediction is that the Cowboys are gonna gently caress this up.

I see that you also struggle with the definition of the word 'bold'

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

He's still got a clean rap sheet too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Updated Playmaker Scores. Reminder, Playmaker Score is terrible and thought Stephen Hill would be a god.

code:
Name	 	College	 	Round	Playmaker Proj	Playmaker Rating
Brandin Cooks	 Oregon St.	 1	 638.0	 	95.8%
Odell Beckham 	 LSU	 	 1	 608.4	 	93.6%
Mike Evans	 Texas A&M	 1	 558.4	 	86.8%
Sammy Watkins	 Clemson	 1	 543.7	 	83.8%
Marqise Lee	 USC	 	 1-2	 525.6	 	90.8%
Allen Robinson	 Penn St.	 1-2	 496.0	 	88.2%
Kelvin Benjamin	 Florida St.	 2	 465.7	 	88.0%
Davante Adams	 Fresno St.	 2-3	 437.0	 	89.4%
Donte Moncrief	 Ole Miss	 1-2	 436.0	 	80.7%
Martavis Bryant	 Clemson	 2	 413.0	 	84.2%
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2014/playmaker-score-2014

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney
2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Sammy Watkins
4. Cleveland Browns - Blake Bortles
5. Buffalo Bills (f/OAK) - Khalil Mack
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Johnny Manziel
8. St. Louis Rams (f/MIN) - Mike Evans
9. Oakland Raiders (f/BUF) - Aaron Donald
10. Detroit Lions - Eric Ebron

Reach of the Draft:

Morgan Moses

Steal of the Draft:

Teddy Bridgewater

Baltimore Ravens

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Can we ban twitter in the GDT? Kalli oh mighty one?

I'd be down with this. ESPN spoiling the picks right before Goodell read them was bad enough--but we had people on here spoiling them from Twitter feeds 5 minutes before the clock ran out on the teams.

This draft is going to be crazy because people can barely agree on a consensus #1 (although opinion seems to be hardening around Jadeveon Clowney). Let it be crazy. I personally like not knowing right until the name is read off the card.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 7, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

Updated Playmaker Scores. Reminder, Playmaker Score is terrible and thought Stephen Hill would be a god.

In all honesty many people thought Stephen Hill would be a god, except for me, *smug*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr, Football, McCarron, Murray and every other quarterback will all be gone in the first round ALL OF THEM

E: Oh poo poo, I forgot Tom Savage! CAN'T FORGET TOM SAVAGE

Big Jay Cutler fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 7, 2014

• Locked thread