Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I love Weiss' dark Boston secret "I had tailed your wife and then gave her CPR!". It's just so innocuous and gets drop down as quickly as it gets brought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Szurumbur posted:

I love Weiss' dark Boston secret "I had tailed your wife and then gave her CPR!". It's just so innocuous and gets drop down as quickly as it gets brought up.

A baffling choice in a game of baffling choices. I honestly thought there was going to be some actual tension, but instead Rebecca actually helped more than I'd expect from an undercover agent.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

To be fair an agent tailing someone who then just happens to die in a car crash does kind of look bad.

It's still funny the biggest drama in the story gets resolved in one line dialogue though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The betrayal reveal is the greatest thing in all of podplays.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The technology of this game would actually make for an interesting setup if it were entirely used against you. Remember how in The Matrix they said that any private citizen could, without warning, transform and attack you? How about a setting or story where some force keeps taking over everyone around you to attack. People all over the city could whip out guns and start hunting you down once you tripped a system flag or something.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

This was basically the video game equivalent of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace except as a sincere endeavor.

Schizophrenic writing, stilted acting that varied between characters, incoherent plot, terribly executed ideas cribbed from a wide variety of sci-fi culture and for some reason the ending music was "Ain't No Valley High Enough" after the entire thing was just generic action music.

Thanks for another great LP and making a bad game tolerable, guys.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So that agent they met at the end was the same guy MindJim fought at the airport right?

...Didn't he snap his neck!?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

...Didn't he snap his neck!?
The guy probably has a spare one. It would fit the writing level.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So what was that android thing supposed to be? Also Lyle shows up at the end just to throw himself off of the building even though it seemed like that android killed him?

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

pkfan2004 posted:

and for some reason the ending music was "Ain't No Valley High Enough" after the entire thing was just generic action music.

No doubt Judge is going to correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure this is another one of those moments where the Coffee Boys put in their own music instead. Just like back in Mega Man Zero.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

4th Asclepiadean posted:

No doubt Judge is going to correct me on this, but I'm pretty sure this is another one of those moments where the Coffee Boys put in their own music instead. Just like back in Mega Man Zero.

I love copyright infringement.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

My bad. It's probably the best musical choice to end this game on.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

pkfan2004 posted:

My bad. It's probably the best musical choice to end this game on.

I prefer the Marvin Gaye version, but it's way too short. Had to go with Diana. These are the tough decisions the Sandcastle is too afraid to tackle.

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
Waiting for the sequel MindJill, where you use powers like MindEmpathy and MindRaiseAwareness on a campaign to educate the world on how MindJacking is yet another form of oppression of the patriarchy. Involves fifty times more robot emasculation than the original.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
So final opinion: was MindJack better or worse than Ride to Hell?

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Cantorsdust posted:

Worse: at least Ride to Hell had personality and more than one type of gameplay interaction. Also rad sex QTEs.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

Ride to Hell was way more charming, really. It was badly acted just right to leave in several just silly enough moments. Also, it really seemed like it tried hard. This was... of similar quality, but lacks a lot of the charm.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
MindJack could have been better if Sweet Steve had clothed sex with an armed stewardess, but as it stands, Road to Hell has it beat.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Cantorsdust posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLlFqKjJbV0

vs.

... um...

:geno:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Guys, don't try to evaluate games as they compare to one another. Just try to see them as a microcosm of a universe unto itself. "Don't go chasing waterfalls" - Lyle Fernandez

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Click Sweet Steve to watch a video.

Video includes:
  • The Rebirth tutorial that didn't get recorded and shown off.
  • Stealth.
  • Sweet Steve's time to shine!
  • The things gorillas can do other than posing.
  • Chimps, friendly fire, and pointless facts!

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
A masterpiece.

(Loved the stealth.)

Together, you and me will turn this into an informative LP.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Not if I can help it. See you next time!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Just kidding, we like to have fun here.

Thanks to our good friend, Elian Gonzalez, for the bonus video. We have one more thing coming down the pipe, so stay "jacked".

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

judge reinhold posted:

Just kidding, we like to have fun here.

Thanks to our good friend, Elian Gonzalez, for the bonus video. We have one more thing coming down the pipe, so stay "jacked".

Oh Men Drinking Coffee, we never stopped "jacking" to begin with, even from MM Zero.

The Big Twist of this LP.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

I hope the secret post-postmortem video can be summarized with the following image:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

ElTipejoLoco posted:

I hope the secret post-postmortem video can be summarized with the following image:

This is wonderful, and also canon.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ElTipejoLoco posted:

The bluetooth headset is a nice touch.

Also, wanted to post here as I'm sure the old thread is dead an buried, but I just started the Ride to Hell LP, and it's fantastic. The LP, not the game itself.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

CzarChasm posted:

Also, wanted to post here as I'm sure the old thread is dead an buried, but I just started the Ride to Hell LP, and it's fantastic. The LP, not the game itself.

Any game where you can die in the opening cinematic is a special flower.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So the game spoils it's one (not exactly surprising) twist in the Tutorial?! I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but drat.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Bellmaker posted:

So the game spoils it's one (not exactly surprising) twist in the Tutorial?! I shouldn't be surprised at this point, but drat.
I, too, was shocked when Anthony got and remained stuck in a door.

Unless you meant the other, less funny twist.

I hadn't played the tutorial since March 2012, and I thought it originally consisted of a mandatory Blue Hackers versus Red Hackers match, but I guess I must've accidentally gotten the FMV intro and it mixed up as the years went by.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So I guess expecting a sequel to this game would be nothing more than a pipe dream huh?

At least this game gave us Sweet Steve.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Bellmaker posted:

I'm surprised how explicit they are about it, though you probably don't think that seeing it for the first time.

Also does it ever come up with who the Wanderer actually is? Like, there's something MindJim doesn't know but Gardner tells him anyway? It doesn't seem so.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
As a parting gift, we played through the MindJack Tabeltop Adventure, and are sharing it here! Special thanks to pkfan2004 (http://www.topsecretgames.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/mindslave.pdf).

Join Lyle Fernandez and his comically mismatched cybernetic ape partner, Pop-pop, as they sojourn to a NERKAS facility in the frozen wastes. What perils await the two? Has anyone done anything quite so nerdy? Watch and find out!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Full MP3 you can listen to on your iPod or Walkman.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/wvttkwdcdf9kt5s/DandDFullAudio.mp3
or
https://soundcloud.com/mendrinkincoffee/danddfullaudio

Thanks to Elian for the bonus video, everybody for the cool art Devious Vacuum for the Danny DeVTOL, and you for watching.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 3, 2014

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The system used is pretty great for you guys.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

That was wonderful. Never stop being wonderful.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I find it hard to believe that someone known as "the nug man" finds mountain dew repulsive.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I find it hard to believe that someone known as "the nug man" finds mountain dew repulsive.

It's just sugar water! Also Chris does DDP Yoga now.

Funkachute
Sep 10, 2011

I loved how most of judge's successful rolls involved disciplining Daiper Pop-pop with the newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Funkachute posted:

I loved how most of judge's successful rolls involved disciplining Daiper Pop-pop with the newspaper.

Judge is really good at spanking the monkey.

• Locked thread