Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kurt phillips
Feb 1, 2014

Brassherald posted:

Riot Shield Roomba is the most 3 dimensional character in this game so far. It has multiple motivations of vacuuming the floor and mopping the floor with your corpse.

*Beginning Corpse-Cleanup Routine* :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Brassherald posted:

Riot Shield Roomba is the most 3 dimensional character in this game so far. It has multiple motivations of vacuuming the floor and mopping the floor with your corpse.

Have you heard my new band, Riot Shield Roomba?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I have this game because it was cheap and the concept intruiged me. Have a tip: You can click in both sticks at once to leave the guy you're mindjacking at any time. Player 1 can also do this, meaning they don't have to be stuck as Jim.

You learn this in the tutorial, which plays exactly once and never again.

Riot Shield Roomba, while a true patriot, has exactly zero offensive capabilities and is one of the most useless things to jack in the game, though it has stiff competition.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Riot Shield Roomba is one of the most useless things to jack in the game

Oh, don't worry. We're innovators.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

You know, I didn't think the voice acting was all that bad, but then the characters started interacting with one another.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Riot Shield Roomba, while a true patriot, has exactly zero offensive capabilities and is one of the most useless things to jack in the game, though it has stiff competition.

You take that back!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
The guy doing mission control sounds creepily similar to Charlie Sheen.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I liked how this game had it so that guns either acted as a way to lock door consoles or unlock them. I guess it all depends where on the computer you shoot.

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The guy doing mission control sounds creepily similar to Charlie Sheen.

I've scoured the internet looking for a voice cast list and I can't find it anywhere. And he sounds more like Martin Sheen to me.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Nice to see the Gutterpunks Drinkin Chooh glomming in the mindjack universe and creating some static. Can't wait for you to blow some more vidcode our way. I noticed that the first thing that happens is you geek commander shephard so there's that.

DreamPolice!
Mar 15, 2010

The whore... the whore...
Can we get the Doomba to record some commentary, please? He could help the Coffee Drinking Men out, along with such other beloved MDC characters like Uncle Walrus-Tusk, Ice Dracula and the Silly Burglar.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Titty Warlord posted:

The riot shield roomba really tells the real story behind this grimdark future.

In the midst of all this violence, a clean airport(?) is a top priority.
Can't have the evidence of too many people MindJackin' while you're heading to a flight bound for MindJacksonville.

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013

Gearface posted:

Rated 5 for Dragonatrix's incredible MindJackson 5 joke. Just gotta keep the books balanced.

Great [first episode], all! Be sure to be mindful of [hackneyed plots] and [awful game design]! I can't wait until the part with the [game breaking glitch].

... I haven't watched the episode yet.

Great [view to a trainwreck], all! Be sure to be mindful of [the truly awful voice-acting] and [nonexistent universe]! I can't wait until the part with the [endemic and unavoidable griefing].

... Okay, there.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Oh I remember this game. The concept sounded really interesting, but what was released... holy hell.

Also you gotta love that the game is called Mind Jack, but when you take over someone's mind it's called "mind hacking" instead.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The gameplay gimmick of this game looks like it could be really awesome. I doubt it will be, but at least they had a more interesting idea than "third person shooters are in, right?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is easily the best game you men have ever played.

Well, except for Cool Spot I guess.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh man I love you guys for this :allears:
Normally this sort of setting really appears to me, but the game and the graphics look so loving bad. And Rebecca is so, so horribly miscast.

And why didn't you tell me you LP'd DARK? :argh:
That game is art and I wish to inflict it upon other people :unsmigghh:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 8, 2014

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

It looks like you found a worthy successor to Ride to Hell. Fantastic first episode. I hope our griefing buddy returns!

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Aw, I wanted in on this back when Habermann was teasing about maybe one day playing it. Except he never owned it to begin with, and then bailed on the entire forums for reasons.

But then those miniature segway rhoombas wouldn't be christened doombas, so it evens out on the positive side.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Suspicious Cook posted:

The gameplay gimmick of this game looks like it could be really awesome. I doubt it will be, but at least they had a more interesting idea than "third person shooters are in, right?"

If you think the idea behind this game is cool, you should play Psi-Ops, it's a way, way better third person shooter with mind powers.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
So far, we haven't learned anything about our main characters or the world they live in, but on the plus side, we have at least met our main antagonist: TNeok. This game is off to a good start, I think!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

dantheman650 posted:

It looks like you found a worthy successor to Ride to Hell. Fantastic first episode. I hope our griefing buddy returns!

It's not a successor until the PC inexplicably walks on his head for a corridor or two. :colbert:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm honestly baffled and have no idea what this game is even trying to do, but based on reactions itt I guess that's not just because I watched it drunk.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
And I thought you couldn't make a plot less comprehensible than DARK.

Fund it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

scroogle nmaps posted:

And I thought you couldn't make a plot less comprehensible than DARK.

Fund it.

DARK has an extremely comprehensible plot. Especially since half of it is completely inconsequential.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Hold onto your bytecoins everybody, my tweet field is being bozojacked! We're in for a bumpy ride

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Please only watch our videos while you are as sober as a ghost, a feedback data ghost.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

So yeah what this game probably should have been is Driver San Francisco with gun dudes instead of cars.

Because that's kind of the thing you want, right? Like bad guys are shooting at you and then you hide behind a wall and take control of some npc that's behind them to take them by surprise. That's the first thing you think of when you see this game, right? That and stupid puzzles where you fly your magic baby into a man so he can use an ID scanner to get past a locked door.

Instead it looks like... Geist? meets Pikmin??

simonwolf
Oct 29, 2011
I've been anxiously awaiting the next LP from the CyberMen Downloadin' Coffee.jpg and this is looking pretty great so far

We may know nothing about the characters and the world they inhabit in yet, but I assume that the game has a rich and detailed world that supports everything. Though it'll probably seem a little retro-futuristic nowadays, since they don't seem to have predicted the ubiquity of bitcoin that the future surely holds

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
whats your favorite mendrinkin'coffee TVTrope

mine is the one where judge sounds like a nerd most of the time, but then gives a mighty pirate laugh when something catches him off guard

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 9, 2014

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lampshaded Double Entendre: Played straight or subverted, depending on the situation

Because I want to punch whoever wrote that sentence.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Lampshaded Double Entendre: Played straight or subverted, depending on the situation

Because I want to punch whoever wrote that sentence.

Oh wow, I was just kidding, this actually exists.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Neurolimal posted:

Trademark Favorite Food: Judge loves his Applebee's steak...

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!
Looks like you guys can stop playing Trial of Ibn Battuta now!

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."

That is all.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
I'd say this game is an insult to Jacks everywhere, but then it's also an insult to Jims everywhere apparently. Is this game just going to insult everyone by the time it's done?

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!
Funny story, I went to sell back my textbooks from the semester in my school's book store, which has discount games next to the cash register for some reason. Mindjack was one of the games prominently displayed... Also looked like the best game they had.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Ixjuvin posted:

Trademark Favorite Food: Judge loves his Applebee's steak...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whatsapplebees/id867011102

supermikhail posted:

That is all.

Wonderful. Thank you.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Let the record show that, despite my numerous and graphic threats thereof while viewing MDC streams, I had absolutely nothing to do with that TV Tropes page, and in fact have no idea how that site even works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Neurolimal posted:

TVTropes really has my number.

• Locked thread