Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Welcome to Awful Survivor: BYOB! This is the fifth rendition of this series, and what better way to start it with all fresh new blood! Eighteen people will be a part of this game, but there will be only one winner. Make alliances, betray friendships, be a lone wolf, do what you can, the goal however, is to survive to the end of the game. In the beginning, Tribes will vie for Immunity. Immunity in this game keeps you safe. If you don't have Immunity, your tribe has a date with me at Tribal Council, where you will have to vote out someone in your tribe. If you are voted out, you are out of this game. The tribes will merge into one single tribe around halfway through this game. Play as best you can, but you must Survive to win. At the end of the day, this is an individual game with a $75 Grand Prize.

A note about the Hidden Immunity Idol: The Idol this time still works the same. When played after the votes are cast but before they are read, anyone who has a Hidden Immunity Idol played on them, will have all votes for them that Tribal Council canceled out, and the person with the next highest number of votes will go home. This season, there are only two Idols. One pre-merge, one post-merge. They will be hidden obscurely. Yu will attain clues throughout the game, if you're lucky or skilled enough, and only with these clues will you be able to find them. And for the record, when you find an Idol, it will self identify as an idol. You will know without a shadow of a doubt you have one, so please no PMs asking "is this an idol?"!!!

THE TRIBE

WINNER
Propaganda Machine

SECOND PLACE
Fast Luck

THIRD PLACE
Ice Phoenix

The Jury
Winson_Paine (VOTE: PROPAGANDA MACHINE)
Majuju (VOTE: PROPAGANDA MACHINE)
Byers (VOTE: PROPAGANDA MACHINE)
McEdger (VOTE: FAST LUCK)
Windshipper (VOTE: ICE PHOENIX)
Bowmore (VOTE: FAST LUCK)
Dhaes (VOTE: FAST LUCK)
CapnAndy (VOTE: PROPAGANDA MACHINE)
Disco Spider (VOTE: PROPAGANDA MACHINE)

Eliminated
Your Personal Muse
Chili
The Goog
Mr. Maltose
Wolery
Sandwolf

Links to Tribal Council/Challenges
Week 01: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 1a|Tribal Council 1b
Week 02: Reward Challenge|Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 02
Week 03: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 03
Week 04: Tribal Shuffle|Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 04
Week 05: The Worst Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 05
Week 06: Merge|Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 06
Week 07: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 07
Week 08: Awful Survivor Auction|Tribal Council 08
Week 09: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 09
Week 10: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 10
Week 11: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 11
Week 12: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 12
Week 13: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 13|Mangosteen© Player Of The Season Award
Week 14: Immunity Challenge|Tribal Council 14
The Final Tribal Council

Other Links

Viewer's Vista
Ponderosa

Hurf Tribe
De Tribe
Durf Tribe
Shuffled Hurf Tribe
Shuffled Durf Tribe
Bundlepile Tribe

Awful Survivor: Traditional Games
Awful Survivor: Goons With Spoons
Awful Survivor: Sports Argument Stadium
Awful Survivor: The Pet Island

Awful Big Brother 1

This game will run on an attempted three day schedule. There may be gaps in days, or speeding up of the game, but we will try to make it as sensical as we can. If you ever have a schedule concern, please alert us as soon as you can so we can work with you or around the issue! We are always happy to provide this game at your convenience, we know how hectic real life can be. Similarly, we will always post when the next game event is well in advance, be it a Tribal Council or a Challenge.

Rules:
The following rules all apply to the game. However, just to make sure that the game isn't thrown into disarray, signing up for this game, you are effectively :toxx:ing yourself for any rule with a :siren: in it. Violating these big-time rules will result in a 100,000 hour probation. It's not that hard to not cheat. Please don't be a shithead!!!
  • There will be 18 players. Every single player is a survivor. The goal is to make it to the end of the game – standing alone above all other competitors.

• Players will be split into different tribes that will initially compete with each other. You must work together, or against each other, in order to be the sole survivor. There will only be one winner.

• Game events will run primarily from 5:00 PM to Midnight EST. If your daily schedule or timezone will cause this to be a problem/interference with your personal life, then maybe signing up isn't a good idea. The game won't run all the time start to finish from those hours, but this is generally where the meat of the game will occur. Every player's participation is valued, so only sign up if it fits within your schedule!

• Private Messages aren't required, but they're strongly the preferred form of contact, and if we go over the amount of registered players, those with PMs on will have priority over those who don't and do not give alternative contact information.

• You are playing for a grand prize! The winner of Survivor will win a $75 Amazon.com Giftcard.:siren:, with the Runner-Up/Runners Up winning $25. Sharing of this prize/Conspiracy of sharing/splitting/buying another player something with it is strictly forbidden.:siren:

• Tribal Councils (in which one player is removed from the game) will be held after a challenge. Votes will be taken privately by me (John Cena) and later published, anonymously. The player with the highest number of votes will be removed from the game. This will be announced in the thread. Hopefully this will be done about every 24 hours. During Tribal Council, you may only vote for your fellow tribemates, and you MUST vote. Failure to vote will result in a penalty vote against yourself.

• While alive, you may communicate out of thread with anyone that is in your own tribe. You are expected to plot against each other and make alliances and fake alliances. It is not essential to do this though... unless you want to win. If you ignore everyone out of thread, you have a death wish.

• :siren:When voted out, you may communicate with no-one about this game.:siren: Please do not abuse this since some players will come back into the game ‘after death’ to form the final jury to decide a winner. If you and someone else is voted out before the Jury Phase, then you can talk to each other fine. But if you are voted out, and someone post-merge is voted out, do not contact them as you may potentially poison their vote as a juror. The same goes for people still in the game contacting people who were voted out. Spectator posts are permissible by people not participating in the game, as long as it is not done in a way to assist or harm any active player.

• :siren:You are not permitted to speak with any potential players about the game before it begins.:siren: This is mostly to effectively discourage pre-game alliances, and any long-term tainting of the game itself. Please play with SOME semblance of honor to keep things somewhat fair.

• When voted out, you are allowed to make only one post as a goodbye message, with a maximum of 100 words. No workarounds/linking to a bigger message or anything cute like that.

• There are no night phases. The next day begins immediately after each tribal council.

• There will be individual challenges and team challenges. These will be posted at a time that best suits all people in-thread (usually 5:00-7:00PM EST). Some of these will be timed so you might be disadvantaged if you cannot be around. Some challenges which can have ties will be won by the first person to submit their result. Some tribal councils may be extended to be 48 hours away if a challenge will take longer to run.

• For the individual challenges, the winner will be rewarded with immunity from being voted out at Tribal Council. For groups challenges the tribes will be competing against each other. The losing tribe will be forced to go to Tribal Council, where they will have to vote out one of their own.

• No editing posts. Evidence of editing can result in punishment ranging from a challenge disqualification to a forced removal from the game depending on the severity. Ninja edits may be ignored but abuse will be punished.

• Do not post/send chatlogs in this thread/via PM/note inside a bottle drifted through the ocean/etc. Please do not be a shitbag!!!!!

• The hidden immunity idol is back in play this season. It still works the same. The idol will be hidden somewhere, and if you find it, you must PM me with evidence that it has been found. The first one to do so claims legitimate ownership of the idol. To play the Idol, you must PM me that you are playing it before the votes are read at Tribal Council, but after/while you are voting. The idol may be played on either yourself, or another player. It can only be used once. It only works if it is played. You may also transfer ownership of it to anybody on your tribe. To do so, just PM me to let me know you are giving it up to someone.

• Your co-moderators are King Burgundy, Asiina, and Pinterest Mom if I am ever indisposed and a decision needs to be made.

RULES FOR THE VIEWER'S VISTA

There will be a special Viewer's Only page, where non-players can see some content unavailable in the thread or to the actual players of the game, ranging from player's confessionals and snippets of their out of thread interactions, to their voting histories and some advance knowledge on upcoming twists and turns, along with some other perks. However, we want to keep things clean and fun and enjoyable for everyone, so before you enter the the Viewer's page, there are some rules that apply before entering.

• :siren:What goes on in the Vista, stays in the Vista.:siren: This is by far the most important rule of the viewer's vista. Anything that is posted in there, cannot be posted in the thread or leaked to players. Viewer's commentary is mildly allowed in the thread, but we strongly prefer to keep it in the vista.

• :siren:You are not allowed to communicate with the players of the game.:siren: Unless they were voted out pre-jury, you cannot communicate with any player of the game as long as it is going on. This is to keep things fair without tainting the natural flow of the game.

Asiina posted:

New Rule

Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (me, John Cena, King Burgundy, or Pinterest Mom) with how to access whatever you're using to talk.

You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.

If you have any concerns or questions, do not be afraid to ask! For a link to the Viewer's Vista, please PM either me or one of the other game mods!

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bowmore
Residence: Australia?
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: Because I want to! I heard it was a fun time so I want to experience it.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I'm a nice guy, very understanding, everybody's mate. I am also a very good liar.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: Not sure, Sports? I mostly just use the bookmark function.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Chilled out dude also people will feel chilled when they get a knife in the back mwahaha
My best buddy on these forums is: Dhaes, he doesn't post a lot. Fiery Valkyrie, Sandwolf maybe. I need more friends.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I need a spin clean record cleaner
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with George Orwell talking about : working in restaurants and getting your poo poo together

Wolery
Residence: Alberta, Canada (all over it)
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I'm a pretty easy-going person, but when it comes to anything competitive, I pull out all the stops. I love competition and it's at its most fun when everyone gives it their all.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I may be young, but I've been around the block a few times. I know better than to get caught up in petty revenge and I'm pretty good at seeing what makes people tick. That said, who knows if I'm going to win? Everyone is going to be bringing something special to the table. I'm just eager to face off with them.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: I think I made a post in PYF once? I lurk a few forums but The Game Room is my home. I love roleplaying games and SA gives me the chance to play with a bunch of cool people I wouldn't have met otherwise.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Something new every day. Every day there are mistakes to learn from. Every day there's a new situation to adapt to. This game will have me on the edge of my seat and that's the way I like it.
My best buddy on these forums is: Wahad, fellow storygaming swine.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy Joseph's 1970 album Stoned Age Man. It's a cool album and I would love to own it but it's 50 bucks. That's absurd. I dunno what I'd do with the other $25, probably waste it on something useful.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : I'd talk with Polish multimedia artist Zdzislaw Bekinski about what being dead is like. Despite his incredibly grim paintings, the guy seemed like he had a pretty positive outlook and a good sense of humour. I think he'd have a fascinating perspective on death.

CapnAndy
Residence: Philly suburbs
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: John Cena told me to
Why I think I am going to win the game: ...beginner's luck?
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: BSS
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: A unique and entertaining blend of pitiless intellect combined with utter cluelessness
My best buddy on these forums is: Probably Rhyno, oh god, what does that say about me
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy astronaut ice cream, that stuff is awesome
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Abraham Lincoln talking about : Burning down the South and how cool that was

Your Personal Muse
Residence: Las Vegas
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I really shouldn't play, but that makes me the perfect candidate! Expect me to do illogical things that I don't think through.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I don't, but I wrestle, so I'll beat you up if you don't make me win
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: Let's Play
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I will mostly be honest when it comes to things, except if I don't trust you. You will know if I don't trust you.
My best buddy on these forums is: No one? Maybe Windshipper?
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Probably forget I have it
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about :
Larry Sweeney talking about the circuit
OR
Teddy Roosevelt, but it wouldn't be talking, it would more be me begging for my life.

Dhaes
Residence: WA
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: See a few names I know & like in the thread, some new faces. Should be fun.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I have the sight, I've seen it
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: GBS
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: good content ~
My best buddy on these forums is: Chili, bromore, Pander, I like lots of dudes
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: buy a brand new car
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with ____Tesla___ talking about : sandwiches

Fast Luck
Residence: dc/md
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I watch the Survivor program on my TV and think about it too much. Like all goons I am smart but too socially stunted and deformed to compete on the real Survivor program
Why I think I am going to win the game: because I have unmatched arrogance and am a narcissist
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: tviv
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: to fill the very big shoes of traditional Survivor 'recruits'
My best buddy on these forums is: nobody. Well, Sacrilicious maybe, he posts in D&D once or twice a month.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: run for governor
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Paul McCartney talking about music.

Sandwolf
Residence: Storrs, CT / North Smithfield, RI
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I like to have fun with other people and play games and also just talk to people. I'm pretty amicable and maybe not the most conniving person but it'll be fun to play nonetheless.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I think I've got a chance as a real underdog, and am actually much smarter than I think I show in my presence in the Mafia community
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: The Ray Parlour
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Someone trying to make you laugh, think, live, dream.
My best buddy on these forums is: Ugh, probably windshipper unfortunately, or 100YearsOfAttitude, we hung out in Paris a couple months back.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy that expensive and stupidly long gummy worm to put in one of my friends cars and let it sit in the sun. Or snacks.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : It'd be with Andrew Jackson, talking about his presidency and his beliefs. I plan on doing my senior thesis on him (History major) and he's one of my personal heroes. It's weird, I know.

The Goog
Residence: North-central MA
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: Because John Cena asked me to
Why I think I am going to win the game: Because I can bribe John Cena with podcast appearances
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: Punchsport Pagoda
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I don't have the time or desire to enter into big, stupid alliances. I'm going to tell people what I think, and I'm going to play the game as best I can.
My best buddy on these forums is: HulkaMatt
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Spend too much of it on Mass Effect swag
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with [Babe Ruth] talking about : Sliders and black people, two things he never had to face

Disco Spider
Residence: Northern VA
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I tend to get very into games like this, to the point that they overshadow commitments that are certainly more important, so I think I'll be active and entertaining to watch as I run around like a chicken with my head cut off.
Why I think I am going to win the game: In this game of newcomers, the winner will be the one that quickly grasps the complexities of the game and adapts to meet new challenges. That person... is me. Or at least it'll seem that way until I inevitably blow the social game.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: Haven't posted all that much yet; that's one of the reasons I signed up! Meet some people, make some friends, betray/get betrayed by said 'friends', all good experiences.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Hmmm. Haven't seriously watched Survivor in a long time, so my Survivor Randomizer tells me I'll play like a subtle mix of Patricia Jackson from season 4 and Dan Lembo from season 21.
My best buddy on these forums is: Tremendous Taste is a good man with the best of intentions.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UUSVUG/
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Robert Hooke talking about : intellectual property, crushing Newton.

IcePhoenix
Residence: St. Paul, MN
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I'm smart enough, strong enough, and gosh darnit, people like me.
Why I think I am going to win the game: Minnesota nice gives me the edge in the social game.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: Sports Argument Stadium
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Integrity, Intensity, and Intelligence
My best buddy on these forums is: Gendo
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Expensive chocolates. Like the kind that's made with fresh truffles and sugar from this one specific location that for some reason is more tasty than everywhere else.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : Harmon Killebrew, Baseball

Majuju
Residence: Vancouver, Canada's rich elitist armpit
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I haven't watched Survivor since junior high, and I've never watched one of these threads. I'm the dark horse. I'm Tuxedo Mask. I'm the mysterious sword-wielding wanderer who has pledged to sit on a throne of obsidian and drink wine out of his opponents' skulls.
Why I think I am going to win the game: Dumb luck, base cunning, and a winning smile.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: BSS, I BS-guess? Or the Pro Dota 2 thread.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Eagerness, confusion, and possibly some hackjob Photoshopping.
My best buddy on these forums is: Hashtag Yoloswag I guess???
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Since I am in Canada, my options are more limited. But I'd probably get an electric toothbrush.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : Fred Rogers, and I'd just want to have nice dinner conversation and hear some of his stories.

Byers2142
Residence: Pittsburgh, PA
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I've been a steady Mafia player over the last 2+ years on SA. In that time, I've had more successes than failures, and I've proven that I can approach the game from both a logical and a social angle to achieve victory. Awful Survivor is a natural progression for me as it will challenge me to improve and adapt my Mafia game to new conditions.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I'm very good at empathy, which ironically isn't something that I've been able to apply to my Mafia games. In Mafia, people seen as buddying up are inevitably voted out because they're likely scum. Here there're no hidden roles; everyone's vying to be Sole Survivor. I think that being able to talk with people, hear and understand their opinions, and work with them will allow me to navigate the perils that often occurs in Survivor as alliances morph and break down.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: The TV IV? Maybe? I tend to bounce around the gray forums, with most of my posting in the Game Room. FYAD scares me.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: I'm not afraid of making the big moves, but I recognize that too many can cost you the game. There comes a point for many Survivor players where a move is needed to advance; I won't shy away when that moment comes.
My best buddy on these forums is: anime gently caress pillow, even if he is from Philly
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: I'm going to be starting my Sec+ studies soon; this Giftcard will let me buy the study materials I'll need to ace the exam, leading to a better job and a better life. Or I'll use it buy porn. Either way, score for me.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : Spencer Tracy, and we could talk about almost anything he'd want to talk about. The point's who the talk is with, not about.

Propaganda Machine
Residence: Los Angeles
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: as one of the biggest Survivor nerds on SA, I deserve the chance to put my money where my mouth is
Why I think I am going to win the game: I may be a goon, but I have a rich social life. I'm clever, I'm conniving, and I'm excellent at feeding people honey as I'm twisting that knife
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: TVIV
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: action, fun, and excitement
My best buddy on these forums is: me, myself, and I
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: complete my DVD collection of The Wire
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Michael Jackson talking about : daddy issues and how to DANCE

Mr. Maltose
Residence: Springfield, MO
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: My years of white-noise posting has successfully concealed my devious mind and killer instincts
Why I think I am going to win the game: Complete blind luck and the pity of the other contestants
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: BSS
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: The constant vigilance of the bored and unemployed.
My best buddy on these forums is: Danger-Pumpkin
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Comic books. Maybe one really big and pretty comic book.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Fritz Lang talking about the abysmal service at this Olive Garden

Windshipper
Residence: Known space/time continuum
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: I am evil and will throw anyone and everyone under the bus if I think it will help me. Also I sometimes can be smart. Often make stupid choices in games because they seem funny and maybe sometimes might help me. Sometimes won't.
Why I think I am going to win the game: See above
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: The Football Funhouse. I don't post there often, though.
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Will do everything in my power to win. Will agree to things that may seem detrimental, but if I see an angle I can spin I might be willing to take it.
My best buddy on these forums is: Either Ernie., Sandwolf, or dy. I'm not going to pick one of them.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Buy toilet paper.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : General Sherman asking why he didn't start what he finished.

Skinty McEdgar
Residence: Kent, UK
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: As a child I was raised in a town with more sheep than people, which in turn has led my healthcare professional to believe now in my later years I should do more things that involve "interacting with real people." Awful Survivor allows me the opportunity to pursue this, or at least to mix with goons.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I'm a simple small town boy. Those are popular with people right?
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: PSP
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: A little bit of humour, some poo poo posting and the occasional burst of competency
My best buddy on these forums is: A literal joint split between Hulkamatt and Rarity. Technically my girlfriend is also a goon, but I have no idea what her username is and we never talk about the forums.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Treasure it and gaze upon it daily as my one achievement in life.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Macho Man Randy Savage talking about the best way to snap into a slim jim.

Chili
Residence: Baltimore
Why I think I should play Awful Survivor: My job is to be compassionate. I am a mental health therapist for juvenile delinquents. These kids need help, care, and support, which I am to provide for a salary that is far too small. When I get home, I have a lovely girlfriend who's needs come before mine, I treat her like a queen... This game, this is my chance to put myself first, and survive.
Why I think I am going to win the game: I know how to negotiate conflict, I am also able to quickly establish a trusting and healthy rapport with people I care about... or don't care about.
The SA forum I'm mostly found posting in other than here is: I spend a fair bit of time in Cinema Discusso, I also just wrapped up a blog post about my Jewish Santa Grandpa over in A/T (http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3602473)
What can you expect from me in this game as a player: Activity, if you check the mafia game I'm currently in, I'm posting more than anyone else by a comfortable margin. When I buy into a game, I buy into it. The fact that I don't have to make a character sheet for this is very encouraging, I just like to be me, and I like to talk. A lot.
My best buddy on these forums is: Probably my girlfriend, katdicks. But apart from her, I'm good friends with dy. a mafia regular, we met on here but realized we were in close proximity to one another. Now, we meet every so often for disc golf and BBQ.
What I am going to do with the life changing $75 Amazon.com Giftcard Prize: Tuna. Cans and cans of tuna.
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with George Washington Carver talking about : Cashews

Winson_Paine

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

No challenge tonight! Use today to get to know each other and introduce yourselves! We're going with a soft launch here guys! :)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

John Cena posted:

CapnAndy
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with Abraham Lincoln talking about : Burning down the South and how cool that was

Windshipper
If I could have dinner with the ghost of one past historical figure who is totally dead right now, it'd be with _______ talking about : General Sherman asking why he didn't start what he finished.
Windshipper you were my bro before, now we are MEGA-BROS

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
I feel like as the surprise dark overlord entry I should fill out some questions but at the same time I can be the mysterious man of mystery, decisions decisions.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Frankly, any post that suggests you aren't literally your avatar is a post I'm not going to read.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
That really is a beautiful avatar, Winson.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The first challenge for Tribal Immunity will occur tomorrow night at 6:00PM EST. All players on all three tribes will be playing. Is everyone cool with that time?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

John Cena posted:

The first challenge for Tribal Immunity will occur tomorrow night at 6:00PM EST. All players on all three tribes will be playing. Is everyone cool with that time?
Sure!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

John Cena posted:

I'm going to be pretending to pay attention to classes, so its alright I suppose.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming: HOLY poo poo

John Cena posted:

Whatever happens I will make it work with whatever I'm doing. COOL.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

John Cena posted:

Works for me. I'll be sure to stock up on coffee.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I should be good; might be posting at work, but after work hours so gently caress the Internet Policy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I might be a little distracted by the draft but that works well enough for me!

Also, man there are some good answers in the questionnaire.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Oh and a bit of reassurance, most challenges will be completely thread based and there will be no need for flash or anything. Most of these challenges should be mobile friendly.

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012

John Cena posted:

Yep, that's a good time.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I might be phone-posting, but I'll be posting.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Works for me!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Hey everyone. So wait, we don't get to instantly vig kill people?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Also, 6PM should be just about perfect for me.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

John Cena posted:

If this is one of those "most challenges" that doesn't involve Flash, then yes. My work computer is mega useless and can't.

If it does involve Flash, I'm not down until 6PM MDT (7PM EST).

Also hey Majuju.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I guess a decent part of knowing if the times work is also centered around knowing how long they generally take? 6 should be OK but then I'll have somewhere to be soon after.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Come to think of it, if that is 6:00 PM EST and not EDT, then that's right when I leave work, so I won't be around until half an hour to 45 minutes later anyway.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

John Cena posted:

Oh and a bit of reassurance, most challenges will be completely thread based and there will be no need for flash or anything. Most of these challenges should be mobile friendly.

BUT... QWOP!!! You can't do this!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This shouldn't take longer than a half hour, an hour at the absolute most. Flash is absolutely not required.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
6:00 PM doesn't work for me, sadly. I get out of work at 5:30 and have a 75-minute commute home. Would 7:00 be possible?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Goog posted:

6:00 PM doesn't work for me, sadly. I get out of work at 5:30 and have a 75-minute commute home. Would 7:00 be possible?

If it's cool with everyone else

Disco Spider
Oct 31, 2012
7 is fine with me.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
7 would actually work a bit better for me.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

7's fine by me. I'll double up on coffee.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bw

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
7 good.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Mr. Maltose posted:

7 would actually work a bit better for me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

7 is a little rough for me, I might be drunk by then, but I can do my best if it works best for everyone else.

IcePhoenix posted:

I might be a little distracted by the draft but that works well enough for me!

Also, man there are some good answers in the questionnaire.

Can you tell me where/when/to whom Shabazz Napier and DeAndre Daniels get drafted to?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: New Rule :siren:

Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (me, John Cena, King Burgundy, or Pinterest Mom) with how to access whatever you're using to talk.

You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

7 is a little rough for me, I might be drunk by then, but I can do my best if it works best for everyone else.

Can you tell me where/when/to whom Shabazz Napier and DeAndre Daniels get drafted to?

Well their draft isn't until June or July I think.

7 est works better for me as well.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hey, bowmore!

John Cena posted:

If it's cool with everyone else

Yep, 7 works.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

7 it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

CapnAndy posted:

Windshipper you were my bro before, now we are MEGA-BROS

:love:

Byers2142 posted:

That really is a beautiful avatar, Winson.

Sup bro?

Your Personal Muse posted:

I'm going to be pretending to pay attention to classes, so its alright I suppose.

Sup bro?

Skinty McEdger posted:

Works for me. I'll be sure to stock up on coffee.

Sup bro?

Disco Spider posted:

Yep, that's a good time.

Sup bro?

Chili posted:

Hey everyone. So wait, we don't get to instantly vig kill people?

Sup bro?

bowmore posted:

Hey guys!

Sup bro?

Sandwolf posted:

Sup bro?

Also 7 EST works fine for me as well.

• Locked thread