Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I think it's awesome that you're running a game! I'd play but I'm already in two games and I've been planning this one for whenever Survivor ended. If Survivor ended last week like it was supposed to I would have started it then.

I say this and not 10 minutes later find out I died in Civ. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's okay I just claimed in The League. I should have known Rarity would rat me out.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Things piled up so I wasn't in the viewer thread much, but I still followed closely.

Congratulations to the final three.

Because Cena would never ask, consider donating a small sum to the John Cena Awful Survivor Management PAC if you got something out of this!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

A Entertaining Game of Sirvorvr

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Really fun season to follow, all! Congratulations to Prop, I thought she killed it at FTC and played a great game. :)

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
This was a really good and fun game to play in. Thanks to Cena and Asiina for running it (and all associated other mods).

Congratulations to prop machine on the win! :)

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Congratulations Propaganda Machine!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

windshipper posted:

This was a really good and fun game to play in. Thanks to Cena and Asiina for running it (and all associated other mods).

Congratulations to prop machine on the win! :)

Thank you for making sure I didn't get shut out :)

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Thank you for making sure I didn't get shut out :)

Tactically speaking, you played the best out of the three of you (in my opinion) vOv

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
This was a lot more fun and a lot more compelling than I had any right to expect. Those thinking my not talking to start was a PLAN, eh, sorrrrta? Everyone else seemed to know each other of old and the alliances ran deep and there was a lot of I SWEAR TO YOU MY BROTHERS and whatnot and so I was a little wierded out and decided to just not piss anyone off but past a point you can find in the thread probably I just decided fuckkit if I am gonna lose or whatever, might as well roll with it. In MMA parlance, I LET MY HANDS GO since honestly the only real compelling thing about me for this game is my near endless capacity for charming nonsense.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Oh also sorry to anyone I was a jerk to, it turns out I dislike lying to people in general and am not real good at it. I avoided it where possible (YES BYERS I DO THINK VOTING WITH MAJUJU IS A GOOD IDEA) and so on.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Oh also sorry to anyone I was a jerk to, it turns out I dislike lying to people in general and am not real good at it. I avoided it where possible (YES BYERS I DO THINK VOTING WITH MAJUJU IS A GOOD IDEA) and so on.

I'm not crazy. :saddowns:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

I'm not crazy. :saddowns:

You seem OK to me!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

Things piled up so I wasn't in the viewer thread much, but I still followed closely.

Congratulations to the final three.

Because Cena would never ask, consider donating a small sum to the John Cena Awful Survivor Management PAC if you got something out of this!

if people wanna do this and i dont know why you would, send me a pm for paypal info, 100% of any funds received go straight into the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I have a terrible fear of windshipper's wrath, but because I still have this game in my head I wanna mention the bad idea he hated, just in case anyone is curious and hasn't heard it yet...

the idea was for him or Skinty to tell Majuju that we were thinking of voting for him, but the target had moved elsewhere because of the idol and he was safe. Then, mid-tribal council, I'd be like: "Guys, let's change our vote up! I'm calling an audible!" I thought it'd be fun to see if it'd confuse people and make Majuju second guess where to play his idol and possibly help us flush it. If not, no harm done, right? Mostly I was excited at the idea of having mid-tribal drama when no one can talk outside the thread and it seemed like it would be really cool.

If anyone doesn't think that's an enormously fun idea just from an entertainment standpoint alone, then I think that's just a difference in personalities. That's the thing, I had lots of ideas where I said: "Wouldn't it be so cool if (crazy and outside-the-box idea)?" Meanwhile, a more grounded person could certainly feel the idea was goofy and far-fetched. Different strokes I guess, but in any case, I don't know why one proposed scheme that was shot down and that we never attempted made me forever an idiot in your mind, windshipper. Non-idiots can have bad ideas sometimes, too.

Majuju: Because we really never have actually talked, isn't the bitterness between us actually kind of silly? I don't think we know each other well enough to really have firm opinions of one another, or to back up the things we've said about each other. Sorry if I crossed a line or was just generally not cool.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 3, 2014

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I liked Prop's closing speech, how it totally threw shade on me and Ice. Also it was pretty slick to drop that in at the end so I couldn't bite her style with an attack of my own, or respond (even though I had preemptively covered a lot of it). If I could copy her, or if I'd had the killer instinct to come up with that kind of speech, I think I would have done it something like this:

quote:

Propaganda Machine, all the Durfs only made it through the shuffle because of Byers bringing in bowmore and Chili's failed maneuvers, not because of you. Propaganda Machine, the only reason any of you survived deep into the merge is because Byers brought back Winson, you didn't do that. You rode along on moves made by Byers and the loyalty of the Durf tribe, and then you yourself got busted scheming against Durf in your machinations against Byers. Propaganda Machine, why should we vote for you when your "biggest" "move" was an aborted stunt with windshipper and Skinty that failed spectacularly?

I think I did hint at all those points throughout my jury answers but really putting it together in a big attack like that might've been cool, props to Prop for actually doing that in her remarks... and despite that hypothetical attack on her game, I do think she's a deserving winner and would have made other plays if things had panned out in different ways. I'm just Monday Morning Quarterbacking myself here, I think I want to express things I could have done differently so I can finally stop thinking about this game entirely and put it behind me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

After talking with a few jury members I've pretty much accepted that my closing argument lost me the game but, like I said before, at that point I was so burnt out from being sick and from us having gone for three hours and even if I had been able to give a better one I'm not sure it would have been enough to save me.

Plus I'm pretty sure I had the best (sorry Majuju!) and worst (you're welcome Windshipper:v:) moment in the season so I can hang my hat on that.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 3, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Fun fact windshipper sent me a PM before that council telling me the vote was on me, that you guys figured I was going to idol Prop Machine, and that you knew Byers had immunity from the auction. I would have totally trusted this except for one critical error (see if you can spot it!) and I called him out in a confessional for this that was WAY too harsh and I regret the tone of it now.

And speaking of, yeah this is a feud based out of next to nothing, mostly me using my clutch first-juror privilege to poo poo-disturb because I became an instrument of TRUE CHAOS long ago. I am willing to cop to my part (particularly in escalating to nuclear) and apologize: I'm sorry for all the feudin', let's bury this hatchet.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

After talking with a few jury members I've pretty much accepted that my closing argument lost me the game but, like I said before, at that point I was so burnt out from being sick and from us having gone for three hours and even if I had been able to give a better one I'm not sure it would have been enough to save me.

Plus I'm pretty sure I had the best (sorry Majuju!) and worst (you're welcome Windshipper:v:) moment in the season so I can hang my hat on that.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that was rethinking my performance and second guessing after the fact. Cheers Ice

Majuju posted:

Fun fact windshipper sent me a PM before that council telling me the vote was on me, that you guys figured I was going to idol Prop Machine, and that you knew Byers had immunity from the auction. I would have totally trusted this except for one critical error (see if you can spot it!) and I called him out in a confessional for this that was WAY too harsh and I regret the tone of it now.

And speaking of, yeah this is a feud based out of next to nothing, mostly me using my clutch first-juror privilege to poo poo-disturb because I became an instrument of TRUE CHAOS long ago. I am willing to cop to my part (particularly in escalating to nuclear) and apologize: I'm sorry for all the feudin', let's bury this hatchet.
Cool

And yeah bowmore had the immunity necklace and didn't tell any of us so windshipper may have really thought Byers had it. I asked him (bowmore) if he got anything good by PM but he didn't answer! Byers apparently got a picture of a slug or something? I forget. Is that the flaw of what he said or did you spot something different?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 3, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Because of some jurors who got delayed and long delays to provide answers to the contestants, S2's FTC lasted from like 6 PM to 9 AM and I wasn't able to sleep that night :gonk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Glad to see I'm not the only one that was rethinking my performance and second guessing after the fact. Cheers Ice

It's not so much rethinking as much as regret. I felt like I killed it in the questions phase (the vista seemed to agree) but couldn't clinch it with my closing. Obviously with more time to think about it I know what I should have said, but knowing what state I was in when it happened I'm still accepting of it.

Fast Luck posted:

And yeah bowmore had the immunity necklace and didn't tell any of us so windshipper may have really thought Byers had it. I asked him (bowmore) if he got anything good by PM but he didn't answer! Byers apparently got a picture of a slug or something? I forget. Is that the flaw of what he said or did you spot something different?

We (Durf) actually knew almost immediately after the auction that Bowmore had the idol because it was literally the only item at the Auction that hadn't been revealed.

e: I think I actually said something to that effect at tribal?

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 3, 2014

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It gets better

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How do we know PTSD is real if our eyes aren't real?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Byers didn't even take part in the auction, he missed the challenge entirely.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

We (Durf) actually knew almost immediately after the auction that Bowmore had the idol because it was literally the only item at the Auction that hadn't been revealed.
Haha y'all knew more than we did. We didn't know that, so winds wasn't necessarily trying to lie to you guys on that front. Bowmore wasn't very talkative.

IcePhoenix posted:

It's not so much rethinking as much as regret. I felt like I killed it in the questions phase (the vista seemed to agree) but couldn't clinch it with my closing. Obviously with more time to think about it I know what I should have said, but knowing what state I was in when it happened I'm still accepting of it.
I regret being too drunk to even remember what happened. It's not like I'm drinking all the time or during any of the challenges for that matter so I dunno what happened, culmination of 45 days of a stressful game plus having already had a few watching US-Belgium which incidentally went into overtime and prevented me from working on jury speeches along with some personal stuff that came up with a friend :shobon:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jul 3, 2014

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pinterest Mom posted:

Because of some jurors who got delayed and long delays to provide answers to the contestants, S2's FTC lasted from like 6 PM to 9 AM and I wasn't able to sleep that night :gonk:

Back in my day...you young whippersnappers these days :argh:

Asiina posted:

It'll be heavily flavoured to inside jokes from this season, so I'll reserve spots for the players from this season first, but if not enough of them sign up or if I'm able to stretch it out I'll definitely be willing to accept viewers.

More people need to cross over from Survivor/Big Brother to mafia, like I did.

I'd want to be on the list..might as well give it a try one of these days.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

Majuju posted:

Byers didn't even take part in the auction, he missed the challenge entirely.
Nah, Byers got a secret item PM'd to him
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632295&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=52#post430478676

Like I said I think it was a photo of a slug

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Somebody missed it I thought! Oh well!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pinterest Mom posted:

Don't forget john cena getting bitten by a spider and having to spend several hours in the ER during final tribal.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, no wonder everybody liked S2 so much.

If Winson comes through with his :siren: MOD MODE :siren: archives promise, I'll definitely have to read it. I heard something about The Ultimate Betrayal?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

If Winson comes through with his :siren: MOD MODE :siren: archives promise, I'll definitely have to read it. I heard something about The Ultimate Betrayal?

hmph

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tremendous Taste posted:

i'm a big fart

(USER WAS PUT ON LOLBATION FOR THIS POST)

Poque fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 3, 2014

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

no don't spoil it!!!!

Edit yours!

Best vote ever though.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Best vote ever though.

holy poo poo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Majuju posted:

Somebody missed it I thought! Oh well!
Dhaes dropped out without buying anything

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

I have a terrible fear of windshipper's wrath, but because I still have this game in my head I wanna mention the bad idea he hated, just in case anyone is curious and hasn't heard it yet...

the idea was for him or Skinty to tell Majuju that we were thinking of voting for him, but the target had moved elsewhere because of the idol and he was safe. Then, mid-tribal council, I'd be like: "Guys, let's change our vote up! I'm calling an audible!" I thought it'd be fun to see if it'd confuse people and make Majuju second guess where to play his idol and possibly help us flush it. If not, no harm done, right? Mostly I was excited at the idea of having mid-tribal drama when no one can talk outside the thread and it seemed like it would be really cool.

If anyone doesn't think that's an enormously fun idea just from an entertainment standpoint alone, then I think that's just a difference in personalities. That's the thing, I had lots of ideas where I said: "Wouldn't it be so cool if (crazy and outside-the-box idea)?" Meanwhile, a more grounded person could certainly feel the idea was goofy and far-fetched. Different strokes I guess, but in any case, I don't know why one proposed scheme that was shot down and that we never attempted made me forever an idiot in your mind, windshipper. Non-idiots can have bad ideas sometimes, too.

Majuju: Because we really never have actually talked, isn't the bitterness between us actually kind of silly? I don't think we know each other well enough to really have firm opinions of one another, or to back up the things we've said about each other. Sorry if I crossed a line or was just generally not cool.

:shrug:

Dude, game is over. I really don't have any grudges against anyone in this game over anything that happened in this game. Ask Prop Machine if you don't believe me. :)

IcePhoenix posted:

You actually did kill it during the questions phase, and it put a lot of what you did in the background together for me. It's why I voted for you. Your closing statement did suck, but based off of what I already knew and then putting things together from what you said... :shrug:

Majuju posted:

...Dare I ask who is still feuding? :confused:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

windshipper posted:

:shrug:

Dude, game is over. I really don't have any grudges against anyone in this game over anything that happened in this game. Ask Prop Machine if you don't believe me. :)

Yeah, I was pretty floored to hear it after everything that happened so very publicly, but winds seems like he buried my hatchet pretty quickly after he was voted out.

Hooray for perspective and being :radcat:!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh by the way, if anyone wants to see more of my terrible parodies and likes/understands american football I write them in The Football Farthouse sometimes (I just did one today). The one I did for this thread is the first one I actually recorded audio for, though someone else did one a wrote previously.

A link to just my posts but really everything in the thread is great.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Nah, Byers got a secret item PM'd to him
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632295&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=52#post430478676

Like I said I think it was a photo of a slug

Um excuse me it was beautiful

Propaganda Machine posted:

I heard something about The Ultimate Betrayal?

I would respectfully disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

I would respectfully disagree.

Even if you don't like S2, PM's chokeslam final statement is one of the best posts ever made in SA history

• Locked thread