Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Winson_Paine posted:

Residence: Chicago!
:munch: between you, me, poque, merk, and power of pecota, we have a chicago AS meetup waiting to happen :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Power of Pecota posted:

E: Also Cena send me a link to the viewer's vista for frick's sake

:munch: me too please :munch:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fun viewing. Missed a lot of the middle due to RL, but the beginning and end were great. Grats PM! :)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Like I said I didn't get a chance to read much of this game, just curious if anyone went 100% full-honesty no-alliance this game like I tried to last season.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Were you/the goog active socially?

I can't tell if it'd set you up to win in FTC or if people would disdain you for not 'playing the game properly'.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Rarity posted:

Has anyone who tried that strategy done better than Xylo in ABB (final 5)?

I maintain I'd have had a pretty good shot getting farther than I did (6th in AS S4) if I hadn't also been working 90 hour weeks that entire month. I just couldn't keep up social comms so I was a compromise lynch between a couple factions instead of playing kingmaker for either.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

Maltose was pretty active but Bowmore and Chili were both friends with Dhaes so there wasn't much room for him to hide.

Ouch. Yeah. Mafia ties are great early game to foster alliances, but given the lack of mafia vet winners overall I think it's an impediment in the long haul.

They also make for the best ULTIMATE BETRAYALS.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah your stuff doesn't count TT. I don't think I told a single lie by omission or otherwise in S4. In S1? Yeah I lied a LOT. I lied to Mills even after he was eliminated, because well gently caress him.

But S4 I told everyone my strategy from the get-go, and I'm not sure if it was play or luck that got me so far, and was curious if there'd be a larger sample pool.

Apparently no-alliance full-honesty has been done in real life Survivor, but I don't think it's been explored much in AS much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

XyloJW posted:

One of the funniest moments from ABB for me was Capps inviting me, Meinburg, and jng to a secret "no backroom deals and no alliances" doc for people who just want to play the game honestly without alliances. Capps then set out all of his "resources" (which is code for friendships I guess!) and asked what all of us could bring to the table in terms of breaking up alliances, BUT NO THIS IS NOT AN ALLIANCE, and by the way I heard that the big alliance has a secret spy, that's not one of you guys right? No? Okay good!

After I got done laughing at how silly the whole thing was, I started running a Vampire the Masquerade game in the doc instead. Meinberg and jng joined in but Capps didn't want to play, he just wanted to run honesty regression scenarios.

That's amazing.

• Locked thread