Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Pander posted:

Apparently no-alliance full-honesty has been done in real life Survivor, but I don't think it's been explored much in AS much.

In real life you have something else to offer; if am FULL HONEST NO ALLIANCE and can start a fire without tools or know what roots are good to eat or whatever I can offer something. Here it is just your ability to shoot the poo poo with others. Real survivor also affords fewer chances to chat people up. If Majuju and Fast Luck are taking behind a bush, there is a chance I could see them or at least know they are up to dickens. Here there is zero chance of detection for a PM or skype or whatever. The end result is a game where alliances become way, way more important (and far easier to maintain) than a game in LIFE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

I really do think Xylo almost pulled it off. He got to Final 5 and he was close to making it further if Rarity had convinced me to keep him. If he had made it to the finals against either me or Rarity he probably would have won.

And Xylo was doing a FULL HONEST NO ALLIANCE game as far as I could tell. He made it very clear he had no interest in playing an alliance based game at all but rather just wanted to chat and would actively make fun of any alliance he was invited to. But having that upfront attitude saved him a lot, at least when I was HOH, since I never had to worry about him making a deal with another alliance against me. I think that in a game full of rampant paranoia it's nice to know that this person is exactly who they say they are.

What about me? I was as straightforward and true as it gets!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Propaganda Machine posted:

Like when you said "poo poo" in DurfDoc after the Andy blindside? :v:

That was not, as such, either a denial of guilt OR a lie. It was merely an exclamation. poo poo

Asiina posted:

I have a question about this game, and specifically for Winson. What made you go back to the Durfs? I know Byers gets a lot of credit for it, but what specifically made you decide to go back to them?

Oh. This is gonna sound bad, but Hurf was no fun and was all cranky. I didn't feel welcome. That is honest to god it. Tummyfeel. No poo poo. Durf as a crew were nicer and more fun to be around after I had openly betrayed them than Hurf ever was as like, a thing. From a game standpoint comparing notes with other people on Windshipper apparently making the same deal with everyone ever behind the scenes made me suspect that I was being taken for a ride on that account, and that helped switch me back since I could see the bus coming for me on that account but it was mostly an internal decision based on gut feelings and intuition. I can't REALLY quantify it more than that, alas. I wanted to say something to that effect at the time but I thought "eh it is not you, it is me" was probably not the best damage control in the wake of the shipper/fl/skinty explosion following the reveal. When I said I wasn't good at this game repeatedly, I was not actually kidding. Except I got to #4 I guess so maybe I am? Who knows.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Propaganda Machine posted:

I PMed with Ice and we deduced it was Winson before he came clean.

Yeah you guys had me dead to rights, past a certain point there was no real point in lying anymore.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

I hate to be a shill, but anyone who hasn't joined yet, there is now a Facebook Group for Awful BB/Survivor/TAR games, since that seems to be turning into a weird subcommunity of TG.

Welcome to the goldmine, gentle friend thread!

• Locked thread