Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: New Rule :siren:

Mods need to be given access to any communication between more than two castaways. A link to a doc, IRC room, whatever. PM one of the mods (me, John Cena, King Burgundy, or Pinterest Mom) with how to access whatever you're using to talk.

You don't need to do this if you are just communicating with a single other person, only if you are at least 3 people talking outside of your tribe doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hope you are okay Sandwolf!

John Cena posted:

In the mean time, please send any confessionals or anything on your mind you want posted in the Viewer's Vista to Asiina.

Also everyone should do this. It's not required but regular confessionals are great for the viewers, and they'll be fun for you guys to read when the game is over.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

Does it have to be a council thing, or can I do it too?

Nope, anyone can send them at any time.

If you start sending multiple confessionals a day I might ask you to scale it back, but sending one per 3 day cycle is usually good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad it wasn't something more serious!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
and then Chili got lost in the jungle and was never seen on the Hurf beach again.

(check your PMs)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So sorry about the delay folks.

Is there a representative here from each of the tribes who can participate in the challenge?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I'm here for Hurf though I'm stuck on my phone unfortunately,

The challenge isn't mobile friendly, unfortunately. You will need a mouse and likely some image editing software (MSPaint is fine).

Because of the delay (my bad!) if there's not someone from each tribe we will cancel this reward challenge and schedule it for another day.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I can go if need be. Reppin' the Hurf tribe.

Okay great!

Challenge is incoming.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Survivors, welcome to our reward challenge. This challenge will test your ability to think logically and to know how to count. So it's sure to be a hard one!

Today's challenge will be the number puzzle game Hidato. Hidato is a game of simple rules with complex solutions. You must create an unbroken line of numbers from the first to the last number in a grid. Consecutive numbers must touch on one side. The game will start with numbers that are fixed.

For example you may be given this

which is solved into this

Your tribe has chosen a representative to play in this challenge. Fast Luck from the Hurf tribe, Disco Spider from the De tribe, and Propaganda Machine from the Durf tribe will be playing.

When ready, this representative will be given the puzzle privately. They will have to insert the numbers correctly and PM the completed puzzle back to me. This is a race for the best time and you have one shot to submit the correct answer. If your answer is incorrect one additional minute will be added for every wrongly placed number, so take care to submit when you are sure.

I'm sure you want to know what you're playing for. The winner of this challenge will win an advantage for the next immunity challenge for their tribe.

I'll give you a few minutes to look over the rules and ask any questions. When the three tribe representatives have said they're ready in the thread, the puzzle will be given to them via PM and the timer will begin.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:siren: CHALLENGE IS ON! :siren:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The results are in.

In third place at 19 minutes is....Disco Spider, from the De Tribe!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In second place at 13 minutes is...Propaganda Machine, from the Durf Tribe.

While in first place at 12 minutes....

Fast Luck, from the Hurf Tribe!

Congrats to the Hurf Tribe. You will find out the exact nature of your advantage before the immunity challenge on Monday.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In case anyone wants to see what the challengers had to answer, it was pretty hard and I'm impressed at all of their times! Well played everyone.

And the answer.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome Survivors to your second Tribal Immunity Challenge.

In this challenge you will be playing BATTLESHIP!

To start off I want each tribe to get together and place their battleships.

Each team gets 7 battleships to place

1 Aircraft Carrier (5 spaces)
1 Battleship (4 spaces)
1 Cruiser (3 spaces)
2 Destroyers (2 spaces)
2 Submarines (1 space)

In your Tribe doc you may discuss the placement of your ships. Place your battleships on this grid and PM the image to me. After which I will explain the rules for how turns will be taken.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The ships have been placed!

It's time to start.

How this will work.

So this doesn't take forever, for the first 5 rounds each tribe can attack 3 spaces of another tribe. These spaces do not need to be next to each other. From the 6th round onwards only one space per round.

Each tribe can only target one other tribe. The tribe they can attack has been randomized.

Durf can only attack De
De can only attack Hurf
Hurf can only attack Durf

You may NOT attack the other tribe

Your team may discuss within your tribe dos what space to attack, but I want only one representative to post in the thread where you are attacking. Whoever is the person who makes the first attack, they are the representative for the entire challenge.

Each round the three tribes will hit simultaneously. After each round I will post an updated board with hits and misses. You will be informed in thread if you've sunk a ship.

The first tribe to lose all their ships is going to tribal council.

However before we begin...

Hurf has won an advantage and will be given the opportunity to hit BOTH other tribes boards three times before the game begins properly, however they must attack the same spaces for both other tribes.

Hurf, what 3 spaces would you like to hit?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also no posting now unless you are posting coordinates, so I don't have to scroll through a bunch of stuff tia.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So colour codes:
Black = Miss
Green = Hit
Red = Sunk!!!

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Tribe Durf has lost one of their submarines!!

Round 1, each tribe may put in 3 shots now against their designated tribe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 1

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 2 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 2

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 3 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 3

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 4 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 4

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Team Durf has lost their Cruiser!

Round 5 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 5

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

In the interest of time, we'll keep going with the 3 shots until indicated otherwise.

Round 6 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 6

Tribe Hurf

Hurf has lost both its Carrier and a Submarine in one round!

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 7 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the delays, imgur is mad at me for uploading so many batches of images and is making me do captchas before each one now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 7

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 8 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not going to announce when something is sunk cause it takes too much to keep track, but you can see when it goes from green to red that it's sunk.

Results for Round 8

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 9 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 9

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 10 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 10

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 11 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 11

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 12 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Windshipper had something come up, so Skinty took over.

In the interest of keeping this thing moving though, after this round you will have a maximum of 3 minutes from when the results are posted to put in your coordinates.

This is some Speed Battleship, ladies and gentlemen!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you don't get it in on time, your turn will be skipped.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 12

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 13 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 13

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 14 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 14

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 15 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 15

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 16 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 16

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 17 Go!

Since two teams have only a submarine left you can now only submit ONE coordinate at a time. If you both hit the last one in the same round then the FIRST to post will be the one that wins, so get your posts in early!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Alright next round will go back up to 3, but it'll still be first to post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 17

Tribe Hurf

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

Round 18 Go!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Results for Round 17

Tribe De

Tribe Durf

but what's this???

Tribe Hurf

Tribe Hurf has been defeated!

Congratulations to Tribes De and Durf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

j6 and also there's still like 30 spaces left on the map so picking one at a time could take 30 more rounds.

Not to rub salt in the wound, but you were one space away when you said this. Their sub was at J7.

Also thanks for sticking with it guys. I know it was a long one!

Probably would have done a few things differently if we had time to iron out the kinks (smaller board, more shots, wouldn't have put in subs, I would have made the board not have so many invisible goddamn artifacts), but this challenge was a little last minute since the planned challenge couldn't be done since some forum features aren't working. Which we of course found out right before the challenge started.

Appreciate the patience everyone.

• Locked thread