Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

I actually wouldn't have been bitter. I would have been a bit charmed that I was threatening enough to make it to the end and get booted last minute.

Due to my positioning, I got good reads on what was happening in the game. I do not lack balls, so I wanted to just hit them with the worst and see how they responded. As I said before, I was going in with an open vote.

I just don't think you should get to the end, and not be prepared to defend the very worst of what you did.

As someone who spent days crafting the bitterest question I could, I think that's a fine attitude to go with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I'm really sorry to anyone who was hoping for me to win. I thought I needed to sell myself as hard as possible. I thought people would find the "alliances" with the jury, with the viewers, ... and all my desperate thoughts ... fun? Cool? Whatever? I think all those things, and my idol give-away ideas, were unique for this game and things people would think were a good time. I'm so sorry guys.

Don't be sorry. You did great and you kept the end game interesting for the viewers. We were all rooting for you and I jumped up and down when I saw you win those immunities. In the end it's just a fun internet game and you did a great job.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess for constructive criticism FL, I think you didn't own enough that your social game wasn't really there. Like, convincing an ally to do what you want them to do is part of a social game. So saying "my ally did what he wanted I couldn't do anything about it, that has nothing to do with my social game" isn't really true. Being able to influence your allies actions to your benefit is really what a social game is all about.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Also reading the vista is fun even though a bunch of you hated me :laugh:

:henget:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I still have no idea what this means.

:greenangel:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
(I also asked once and was given that as an answer)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Sorry Asiina, I literally don't think there was anything more I could have done for winson. I said every single thing I could possibly have said to earn his trust. I wrote him pining letters, I explained why I would want to ally him, I told him why I would definitely give him my idol, I did everything anyone could ever imagine. If there was ANYTHING i failed to do in my efforts to convince him he was my top ally, let me know.

And if my social game wasn't there, why did I outlast Maltose? Why did bowmore and Chili make me offers? Why did Byers and Prop want to keep me?

I was talking more about when you were speaking about bowmore. Like I said, I think you played a great game. And you didn't just get to the end via the immunity run, although I think that's a big part of that and as a former challenge monster myself, you should totally own it. As I said in the vista, I think you just didn't do the best job of explaining why the moves you made and the things you did mean you should win. I think by leaving those connections unsaid that's where to others it ends up coming off as possibly entitled or just unclear why you are bringing stuff up.

But of course I'm talking out of my rear end since I wasn't on the jury, so feel free to disregard everything I've said.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I predict Goku wins :v:

Sailor Moon will win because there's a new season starting soon holy poo poo am I excited.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

I'm sorry you didn't like me, audience :(

I liked you guys

We made you that avatar! We spent a long time on it.

Although Winson used his mod powers to get around the size limit.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Andy I think it was more that you were the face of Durf and the potential of a Durf pagonging was dreadfully boring.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Since the thread has slowed down (presumably while everyone reads each other's confessionals and cries), I'm announcing that I'm going to be running a mafia game for anyone and everyone who was in this season of Survivor who wants to play.

If you've never played mafia and want to break into it with people you know, if you haven't played in a long time and want to start again, or if you are a certified longterm mafia shitposter (windy) this game will be easily accessible for all. I'll give you guys a few days to cool down from this and put up a signup thread over the weekend.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

John Cena posted:

Just added all the old tribal links for viewing pleasure in the OP.

Also feel free to post any of your old alliance docs if you want, just make sure to set them to View Only first.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It'll be heavily flavoured to inside jokes from this season, so I'll reserve spots for the players from this season first, but if not enough of them sign up or if I'm able to stretch it out I'll definitely be willing to accept viewers.

More people need to cross over from Survivor/Big Brother to mafia, like I did.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dude, asiina, way to dayvig MY mafia game!!

I wasn't lying to Skinty. I like that The League is so huge because it's still leaving a hugely bitter taste in my mouth.

Also, you skipped out on New Vegas. :mad:

I think it's awesome that you're running a game! I'd play but I'm already in two games and I've been planning this one for whenever Survivor ended. If Survivor ended last week like it was supposed to I would have started it then.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mid-season I thought Winson was just like Xylo and only sorta paying attention and just there to be hanging out.

It came as a shock when I realized Winson was going to be the one to break off and make the big move.

But it's true, Xylo is very much like Majuju. Every time I ever tried to talk strategy with Xylo he'd immediately shut it down with "this is just a popularity contest to see who wins anyway!"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I think it's awesome that you're running a game! I'd play but I'm already in two games and I've been planning this one for whenever Survivor ended. If Survivor ended last week like it was supposed to I would have started it then.

I say this and not 10 minutes later find out I died in Civ. :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Nah, Byers got a secret item PM'd to him
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632295&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=52#post430478676

Like I said I think it was a photo of a slug

Um excuse me it was beautiful

Wow, no wonder everybody liked S2 so much.

I heard something about The Ultimate Betrayal?

I would respectfully disagree.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:qq:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

It worked out better for me than for Asii!

You know what else would have worked out? You and I coming in first and second place!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that would have been pretty sweet.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Best friends making it to the end together.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What a great time that would have been!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

In the three tribe set up there isn't a lot of space to hide at all. Honestly I think the wider the initial field the more chance you have of getting far which is where ABB is probably better for it.

ABB is better in some ways and worse in others for making alliances. Like there's nothing keeping you together at all, so it's like the entire game is post-merge survivor but with none of the tribe shared history that helps keep tribe alliances going. Also unless you're HOH you are never safe, so there's really no time where you can just relax. Also having a majority alliance doesn't mean anything if you don't have a member of your alliance win HOH every week to keep it together. A minority alliance of 2 people can completely prevent anyone else from doing what they want.

You have to be a lot more flexible and have to have potential relationships with everyone which is quite difficult. But if you can keep that balancing act you can go far.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My mafia game is now up!

Go sign up if you were a player.

Spots will be reserved for players until Saturday night and then I'll open it up to any of the viewers.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I really do think Xylo almost pulled it off. He got to Final 5 and he was close to making it further if Rarity had convinced me to keep him. If he had made it to the finals against either me or Rarity he probably would have won.

And Xylo was doing a FULL HONEST NO ALLIANCE game as far as I could tell. He made it very clear he had no interest in playing an alliance based game at all but rather just wanted to chat and would actively make fun of any alliance he was invited to. But having that upfront attitude saved him a lot, at least when I was HOH, since I never had to worry about him making a deal with another alliance against me. I think that in a game full of rampant paranoia it's nice to know that this person is exactly who they say they are.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Winson join my game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Yeah, Xylo really survived so long because there was always somebody more important to get vote out over him. Though it didn't hurt that I wanted the threat of a Hurt-Capps-Xylo trio to ensure Asii's loyalty.

I was always loyal!

But I do agree that since a lot of our game plan, both me and Rarity alone as well as with the House of Cards alliance was to cut our alliance members off from their allies in other "fake" alliances so that they couldn't flip on us and had to stay loyal to keep the numbers. So Xylo, being completely unattached to anyone else, was never a threat for that and so never a target.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Winson playing dumb in that moment was hilarious.

The whole Durf doc rampant with paranoia and nobody even coming close to blaming Winson was great. I imagine there was a lot of that going on in private too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

XyloJW posted:

One of the funniest moments from ABB for me was Capps inviting me, Meinburg, and jng to a secret "no backroom deals and no alliances" doc for people who just want to play the game honestly without alliances. Capps then set out all of his "resources" (which is code for friendships I guess!) and asked what all of us could bring to the table in terms of breaking up alliances, BUT NO THIS IS NOT AN ALLIANCE, and by the way I heard that the big alliance has a secret spy, that's not one of you guys right? No? Okay good!

After I got done laughing at how silly the whole thing was, I started running a Vampire the Masquerade game in the doc instead. Meinberg and jng joined in but Capps didn't want to play, he just wanted to run honesty regression scenarios.

God, that was so funny and so aggravating, since capps told us he did that after it was already done. We were supposed to be keeping you all at odds with each other and capps goes ahead and bridges the gap because he was ~bored~. Honestly, that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me with capps. He couldn't be trusted to make moves that were in our best interest. If Cagayan had happened before ABB I would have been calling him #chaoscapps.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have a question about this game, and specifically for Winson. What made you go back to the Durfs? I know Byers gets a lot of credit for it, but what specifically made you decide to go back to them?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also Winson since you're here and responding, check your drat PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Well since Winson and Dhaes aren't responding to PMs I have two more spots open for my mafia game for anyone who was in the vista this season. First come, first serve.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3647889

• Locked thread