Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Why you, and not Ice? Hmmmm.

Well first off, unlike Ice, I think we had a very as-needed touch-and-go approach to things. We were Durfs who Durfed, except for that one time when you did that thing. But I was not at all involved in bringing you back. Ice was. We did not communicate at all after the Majuju vote, And I guess I hope that silence reveals my intentions, and that they'd been that way all along. If I'd not known that I had to vote for you, I would have absolutely pinged you and tried to coordinate.

I guess I'm hoping you and Ice were talking about booting me, either in sync with Fast Luck, or otherwise forcing a tie. I really, really have to hope that happened, because if it didn't then Ice is really bad at this.

Anyway, here's why it was you:

FOR MYSELF: I drafted up my jury questions after we booted Majuju. At that point, if I was a juror, I knew who the final three were and I wrote my questions up as such. I'm honestly slightly sad I didn't get to launch them, becausee you would all have been squirming very, very uncomfortably.

But something that revealed itself when I'd written that up, and something Fast Luck tried to take credit for MASTERMINDING in his opening speech, was...

You had the best case, by far. Between you, Fast Luck, and Ice, my vote was absolutely open, but after reading the questions, it was yours to lose.

So, as I said earlier, at the end game you're booting your biggest threats. Booting Fast Luck wasn't an option, and I felt like an rear end to let you and Ice down, but between you two, Ice had done...???...and you'd actually gotten some game-changing moves under your belt.

Fast Luck: wanted you out, a while ago. He's been talking about it for weeks. He wanted you gone because you were "the goat" and he wanted "deserving people at the end.

Ice: Approached me about voting you off right around the time we nixed Maju.

So not only did I want it, the votes wanted it. Sorry, man.

I'm sorry for the acid tears. I know they hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hello, bowmore! What brings you to this dusky, rural tavern?

Me, myself, I am getting CRUNK! I found these weird growths on the side of a tree the other day and they seem to have some interesting hallucinogenic properties.

Also, the beer here is good and will not get you sick.

I am a Half-Elf Ranger.

My personal story is long and tedious but it comes down to being split between two worlds, one of which does its best to accept me (oh they try), the other of which pays me some lip service but is obviously very aloof (although I must thank them for lending me some awesome genes). It's been a hard road, but I am who I am and I have to accept that and trudge forward, solitary though I may feel.

Having come from a very small village deep in the north woods, I'm most comfortable barefoot, tracking footprints and artificial shapes hidden in brush and leaves, climbing trees and prowling. I'd like to think I have a certain kinship with wildlife, but they're my food as often as they're my friends, so I don't blame them for scampering away when I'm around.

Days are long, and hard, but being so at home in the wild as I am, they're never quite a chore. I work hard to preserve myself and provide for my loved ones.

And, you know what? Sometimes selling a pelt means heating oil for the month. Tonight, it means a pitcher. Go grab a clean glass if you'd like some.

1) I think that people are people! When you say good, you mean getting delight from helping others and being altruistic. When you say bad, you mean getting delight from causing harm. Schadenfreude. My favorite German word.

I THINK that, however selfishly, MOST people get MORE joy from causing benefit than causing harm, but I think even "bad" people have nice-guy moments, and "good" people also do get a chuckle out of spite, every so often.

2) Ah poo poo. Biggest lie? That one's easy.

The biggest lie was backpedaling like HELL after the night we booted windy, when he spilled full-frontal about my intention to get rid of Byers. I know for a fact that Byers was gathering votes against me the next morning. He said so myself. But lying to him about my intentions, lying to the first most trusted ally I had, that was the biggest one.

I doubt it worked. I'm sure he would have axed me had he had the votes. Good for him. It was my mistake.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
ANDY :woop:

You KNOW I miss your face. I bent the rules to say goodbye when we lost you and we didn't know it was happening. I questioned your motives at times, but you were our GLUE and it's no surprise that you were the choice when HurfDeWinson got you in their crosshairs.

I appreciate your vote, if I get it. If Skinty is to be believed, I shouldn't expect many more!

Big if, that.

Anyway you should not vote for Ice because, as you know, it was our plan as the majority alliance in Durf (you, me, Byers, and Majuju, for those who don't read between lines), to boot him FIRST.

He got seriously lucky being on a tribe that never had to face tribal, because he was one space away from that single-space submarine sinking his game. I might not have been proactive, and I may have been nervous as hell had we gone to tribal the next day, but I am 90-95% certain he was the first boot.

A vote for IcePhoenix is a vote for Franchesqua.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Are we going to belabor this any more? Have any of you actually not decided, by now?

Just in case I guess I'm just going to crib from 2/3 of my Jury speech:

FAST LUCK

You got loving lucky, and you know it. Arguably by the good graces of myself and Ice, as well as the poor judgement of Byers, you evaded elimination the night Bowmore went home. By virtue of chaos, Windshipper went next. By virtue of his silver tongue, Skinty followed. And so, a lucky stupid-fast internet connection of an immunity run later, here you are.

Let's be clear: we are friends, and good ones, and I'm deeply thankful for that. But I'm not voting on friendship tonight. I played a hard game, so I'm voting for the person I think played the hardest.

So, tell me.

You sunk your strategic game when you chose to vote YPM out over Byers. You sunk it again when you and bowmore were either unwilling or unable to work with the Des at the eleventh hour. Last, but not least by far, in our talks you always wanted to take strong players to the end, because goats were "taking up" spots at this final tribal council that other, stronger players more "deserved." If there's a better strategy to lose for sure, I cannot tell you what it is.

As far as I'm concerned, if you win tonight, you're winning because of animosity against Durf. gently caress us, right?

Why the bloody gently caress should I vote for you?

ICE PHOENIX

drat, man. We almost had a good thing going there!

We were on the cusp of pulling off some epic moves. We could have blindsided Fast Luck with that idol in his pocket. We could have nixed Byers while the nixing was particularly good, before he caught Wind of it in tribal and started campaigning against me.

I've said that I played a very cautious, very paranoid game. But you? You took it to the next level. You were so cautious, and so paranoid, that you made it to the end without making a single loving move.

As well, the Hurfs/Des have often bemoaned the Cult of Durf. At moments, I can point to every single original Durf and say that we had breaking points, and we were willing to vote each other out. Except for you. You clung on tightly to that Durf specter, even though (is this news?) you were going to be the first one of us to hit the road had we lost early game immunity.

The only reason I can think of for you to win is because the other two sitting there pissed people off worse than you did with your utter lack of gameplay.

tl;dr

Fast Luck: had zero strategic game, an amazing interwebz connection from work, and enough time on his hands to game challenges as hard as possible.

Even he admits that was a horrible strategy. He's just milking it for all it's worth because it's what he has.

Icy: in all likelihood talked me OUT of working with winds and Skinty. We might have been leaning into an idol play, but his extra caution kept me on the Durf side and, while it kept me safe, it means that his game had zero zest, zero flavor.

:woot: VOTE PROP :woot:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

CapnAndy posted:

DURF SUPREMACY

bring it in for a big hug durfs I'm so proud of you guys :)

I told you. I TOLD YOU. I promised you, I would do my best to bring it on home to Durf.

Thanks for doing your part, as well ^_^

I'm...really interested to see how that voting played out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

me, last night: "is there any question that FL wins now?"
me, after FTC: "i would vote for prop after that ftc"

Nice work Prop and congrats!

Yeah, that's what I was going for. I thought we were dead in the water after I choked on the challenge last night.

Thank you guys for the support! I am loving beaming right now.

Worth it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

Just out of curiosity, let's switch it up a bit. Let's say Propaganda Machine, you got voted out last, and Winson is in your spot with Fast Luck. PM, Jurors, how differently do you vote?

Going in, I was divided by FL and Winson. Answers later, I'm confident Winson would have had my vote.

Here's that last 1/3 of my jury speech, by the way...

WINSON_PAINE

I don't think I have much to say to you that isn't going to be horribly belabored tonight.

You flipped over to nix Andy. You flipped back, risking your hide, in our attempt to nix Dhaes. You flipped against Byers, even though he thought he had you in his pocket, even though he thought he was responsible for bringing you back.

You voted paranoia. Granted, that paranoia might have been justifiable if, as you said, nobody was talking to you.

Give me a loving break.

It's on you for not talking to us as much as it was ever on us for not talking to you. I have to call bullshit.

Your social/alliance-based game was not even remotely proactive. You're going to have to explain yourself to me on that one. Out of the three of you sitting there tonight, you made more game-changing moves than the other two, by a long shot. That said? Those moves were totally bizarre. I don't see a shred of logic or strategy behind anything you did.

You're sitting there tonight because nobody actually thought you could win, so they never bothered to get rid of you.

---

Ultimately, Winson made the biggest, most successful, most game-changing self-preserving moves. He backstabbed everybody. He also loving played a game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Majuju posted:

BEST IN THE THREAD

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

Players please post reactions not only to viewer comments but to your fellow castaways' confessionals. I always wanna hear more more more!

Man. I think I'm down for the vista but I'm really really wary to touch the confessionals. This whole shebang took a huge toll on my psyche, and I don't know how I pulled that out, but I have the distinct impression that a lot of those confessionals will be downright DEVASTATING.

Like, if I were ever on real Survivor, I doubt I'd watch. I'd just watch SA and twitter live-watch and try to infer what was going on through that and Rob C recaps.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, other than your closing statement, I thought you had the best final tribal performance. That opening song was epic. Of course, worst closing statement for me was Prop, but that is mostly because I hate bitter jurors. :)

I actually wouldn't have been bitter. I would have been a bit charmed that I was threatening enough to make it to the end and get booted last minute.

Due to my positioning, I got good reads on what was happening in the game. I do not lack balls, so I wanted to just hit them with the worst and see how they responded. As I said before, I was going in with an open vote.

I just don't think you should get to the end, and not be prepared to defend the very worst of what you did.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, I had a whole response to that post that I couldn't put up because she made her closing argument after me. I did IM her though:

Last, but not least by far, in our talks you always wanted to take strong players to the end, because goats were "taking up" spots at this final tribal council that other, stronger players more "deserved." If there's a better strategy to lose for sure, I cannot tell you what it is.
lol those were all lies, i couldnt let you in on my real reasons because i didnt want you to second guess my votes and wanted you to think i was inept. but i told cena weeks ahead of time the real reasons :) i wanted to pit you and ice against each other. i dont care if winson gets 0 votes, i have to beat a durf and keeping you + ice seemed better than bringing winson

as far as immunity wins, it wasn't fast internet connections, it was smart play, like refreshing from the reply page instead of the thread, like being the best at doing a crossword, etc.

You sunk your strategic game when you chose to vote YPM out over Byers.

and of course, i didn't want to keep Byers over YPM! that was bowmore being intractible. i made extensive arguments, at one point i even said, fine, let's ally with prop and byers the SECOND vote, but let's vote out winson the first vote. couldn't get him to go with it. i assume you know im not that dumb :P

i know that post was partly a jury argument but i gotta give my response. how much of my response did you already know? is any of that news? i know you already know i didnt want to ally you guys in the shuffle cuz i told you about that hehe

how would these answers have worked for you if you were a juror?

God, you're loving adorable! I hope you were slightly joking earlier, because in that question, I tried to make it clear: we're buddies. I like you. As a dude.

For 1...

Real reasons would have served you much better. I would have respected them and, gently caress, Winson would have been gone regardless and you'd have robbed me of some ammo. Also, you lsot to me. Who knows how Winson would have done. Anyway, with that line of "reasoning," you looked like a tool, in a very similar way as I'd looked like a tool weeks prior. You just had the poor sense to do it in recent memory.

I think...somebody else...said it better, but losing control over your alliance is absolutely the trademark of a horrible social game. You should have been able to talk bowmore out of that poo poo. Aligning with a Mafia player? Come. ON.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Dude, asiina, way to dayvig MY mafia game!!

I wasn't lying to Skinty. I like that The League is so huge because it's still leaving a hugely bitter taste in my mouth.

Also, you skipped out on New Vegas. :mad:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Dude I just won this poo poo I'd get turboed D1 no matter loving what I did.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's okay I just claimed in The League. I should have known Rarity would rat me out.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How do we know PTSD is real if our eyes aren't real?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wow, no wonder everybody liked S2 so much.

If Winson comes through with his :siren: MOD MODE :siren: archives promise, I'll definitely have to read it. I heard something about The Ultimate Betrayal?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

windshipper posted:

:shrug:

Dude, game is over. I really don't have any grudges against anyone in this game over anything that happened in this game. Ask Prop Machine if you don't believe me. :)

Yeah, I was pretty floored to hear it after everything that happened so very publicly, but winds seems like he buried my hatchet pretty quickly after he was voted out.

Hooray for perspective and being :radcat:!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
^^^ :haw: ^^^

Pander posted:

Like I said I didn't get a chance to read much of this game, just curious if anyone went 100% full-honesty no-alliance this game like I tried to last season.

I don't think so, unless somebody I didn't meet tried in the early game. Pretty cool strategy though!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Also Winson join my game.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

What about me? I was as straightforward and true as it gets!

Like when you said "poo poo" in DurfDoc after the Andy blindside? :v:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

God, that was so funny and so aggravating, since capps told us he did that after it was already done. We were supposed to be keeping you all at odds with each other and capps goes ahead and bridges the gap because he was ~bored~. Honestly, that might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for me with capps. He couldn't be trusted to make moves that were in our best interest. If Cagayan had happened before ABB I would have been calling him #chaoscapps.

I PMed with Ice and we deduced it was Winson before he came clean.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Phone post, wrong quote. Oh well!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

IcePhoenix posted:

Which was pretty funny to me because that was right after the biggest misread I made all game.

That it was me and/or Byers? I kind of see where it came from, but the case I made is right there in the Vista, and it's true. If we'd been flipping, we'd have done it the vote prior, and we thought long and hard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If Byers had managed to boot me at 7, I think he was a great Tony.

• Locked thread