Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Just autopick the rest of my guys for me. Picking out a bench is not fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

Just autopick the rest of my guys for me. Picking out a bench is not fun

You're not approaching it the right way.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bitches have been skipped. We are now current, if someone could verify that all the players taken pages are current that would own but I'm watching Money in the Bank.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We should just go chaos for the last round and first come first serve

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Harlock posted:

Agreed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wouldn't be opposed but I'd want at least a 2/3 majority decision from the rest of the owners on that.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

I wouldn't be opposed but I'd want at least a 2/3 majority decision from the rest of the owners on that.

I'd support it.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'm ambivalent about it. Sure, it would be interesting, but how much difference does it make? What difference is there in utility guys at the rear end end of a draft?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I have the second last pick and I am very worried about being able to select my Joke Player

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I'm ambivalent about it. Sure, it would be interesting, but how much difference does it make? What difference is there in utility guys at the rear end end of a draft?

Basically this would let anyone who cares about that utility guy just pick and 24ish hours after the round started I'd auto everyone else that obviously doesn't care.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I think it seems a bit silly after coming this far, but I would support it if that's what everyone wants to do. As noted, it's not going to make a big difference.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Eh, go for it then. I'm taking my Joke Player next round, rather than the last one, so it doesn't really effect me much.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah I'd be down for that

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Someone explain? I'm a bit behind on what's going on. At Round 24's start is it a free-for-all? Or round 25? Or...what?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harlock posted:

So my official rule on this is that we need a consensus yes vote by pick 16 of round 24. If so this is how it will work:

After the last pick of Round 24 we will pause for two hours to get ready for the lightning round. This means that if the pick is made after 10pm then no drafting happens until the morning. Once the clock starts, picks are first come first served. NO EDITING YOUR PICK. After 24 hours, I will auto everyone who hasn't picked yet, which will end the round.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 30, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The 25th guy on my roster isn't going to make a difference so let's do it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just to make it a new post

IcePhoenix posted:

So my official rule on this is that we need a consensus yes vote by pick 16 of round 24. If so this is how it will work:

After the last pick of Round 24 we will pause for two hours to get ready for the lightning round. This means that if the pick is made after 10pm then no drafting happens until the morning. Once the clock starts, picks are first come first served. NO EDITING YOUR PICK. After 24 hours, I will auto everyone who hasn't picked yet, which will end the round.

And also to add the tallies.

For: 9 (as of Seiferguy, req 20)
IcePhoenix
seiferguy
Monicro
TheFlyingLlama
angrygodofjebus
Allan Trammel
Laderhan
Harlock
Kensei

Against: 0

Abstain: 0

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for it even though I probably don't need to!

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Meh, whatever I'm down with what people want to do.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I was just coming to that conclusion as a 'lets get this draft over with' and the 25th guy likely won't matter for a lot of teams. It's taking 1-2 days just to get the 23rd pick in. If people could post whenever, it might speed things up.

That was my only line of thinking.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Paul Zuvella supports this

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Yay on the motion to pick on a FC/FS basis in the final round.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Keeping with the bad taxidermy theme:

DETROIT MEOW CITY votes yes to multiball 25th round.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That's moronic and I hate it.

Sure, go for it.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I'm down with a multiball.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Yes to multiball, my 25 is a gimmick anyway

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

M-M-M-MULTIBALL!

Yeah I'll go for it.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
I'll go for it too.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

yeah gently caress it why not even though I want to be contrarian and say no

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I believe that's 20, so I'll vote no, because you should have known going in that picking the back end of your team would be boring, you fucks

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Everyone! Just be aware that this is a healthy time commitment. It's a whole lotta fun at the beginning when you're drafting all the stars but when you're drafting the seventh member of your bullpen it can get a little tedious if you weren't prepared. Please don't sign up if you're just going to bail after three rounds.

Yup, right there. TMM is technically correct, the best kind of correct.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

ill abstain i dont care

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I already drafted my gimmick player anyways so welp

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Wait these entire teams are not gimmicks? Dammit.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Yeah, I'm going to vote no also, we've gotten this far drafting terrible players (for almost 24 rounds now :v:), I think we can manage another round.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
For it.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Yeah sure.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Just to confirm, Baltimore has until noon since SF picked early this morning?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol @ whichever of you dummies thinks I give a gently caress about the difference between EST and EDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

lol @ whichever of you dummies thinks I give a gently caress about the difference between EST and EDT

hahahahahaha

• Locked thread