Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

For anyone looking to trade up, I have pick #4 and I'm willing to listen to offers.

EDIT:
With Miggy on the board though, it's not going to be cheap.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
HAL9100 is clearly Dave Littlefield, the Pirates are doomed.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

autodraft again??

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

still another hour or so

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I made my pick. Peeps be calming down.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Houston is up, maybe we'll get out of the top ten tonight!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Sexual Lorax you're first alternate, just post confirming you're ready to take over the Tigers.

BAM! Let's make some bad baseball decisions! This team'll be GRRRRREAT!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sexual Lorax posted:

BAM! Let's make some bad baseball decisions! This team'll be GRRRRREAT!

Gotta love the spirit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just a reminder that I'm not really going to enforce the timer tomorrow because it is mother's day and I expect many of us will be busy for a healthy portion of the day.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I have pick #20 and am willing to trade back if anyone wants to move into the first round. it would probably take a 2nd and 3rd or a 2nd, 4th, and 6th

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Holy poo poo I thought we were starting in the morning! Sorry dudes.

Assuming I haven't already autodrafted him, The Pittsburgh Pirates are proud to welcome 1B/3B MIGUEL CABRERA into the franchise.

Dr. Tommy John fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 11, 2014

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

HAL9100 posted:

Holy poo poo I thought we were starting in the morning! Sorry dudes.

Assuming I haven't already autodrafted him, The Pittsburgh Pirates are proud to welcome 1B/3B MIGUEL CABRERA into the franchise.

Looks like you autodrafted Stanton in the Draft thread.

I mean, Stanton's cool, but yeah you missed out.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

mynameisjohn posted:

I have pick #20 and am willing to trade back if anyone wants to move into the first round. it would probably take a 2nd and 3rd or a 2nd, 4th, and 6th

What other pick would you trade? All trades require even # of picks being exchanged.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Pander posted:

What other pick would you trade? All trades require even # of picks being exchanged.
late rounders

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Prozach posted:

Looks like you autodrafted Stanton in the Draft thread.

I mean, Stanton's cool, but yeah you missed out.

The one good thing about being auto'd may be that, when it comes time to sim, you'll have the player ootp thinks is the best talent.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

tadashi posted:

The one good thing about being auto'd may be that, when it comes time to sim, you'll have the player ootp thinks is the best talent.

You can set OOTP GMs to ignore potential for short-term quality, right? If so, and if you really plan to sim only one season, doing that would give the "best" picks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mornacale posted:

You can set OOTP GMs to ignore potential for short-term quality, right? If so, and if you really plan to sim only one season, doing that would give the "best" picks.

I don't think I can, no.

If the game tries to pick a prospect that obviously won't be ready to contribute I'll just make what I think is the closest to BPA I suppose. I had considered doing that on this one but getting autopicked SHOULD be a penalty, imo, and Stanton is still Real Good

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

As the "victim" that got stuck with Stanton due entirely to my own ignorance, im pretty good with it.

I 100% expected the Pirates' franchise player to be Nick Punto once I realized I'd missed it. I'm equal parts proud and disappointed with you guys.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
edit: talking about picks

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 12, 2014

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Shut up! That's my secret plan!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

HAL9100 posted:

As the "victim" that got stuck with Stanton due entirely to my own ignorance, im pretty good with it.

I 100% expected the Pirates' franchise player to be Nick Punto once I realized I'd missed it. I'm equal parts proud and disappointed with you guys.

As if we'd allow you to have the grittiest, hardest working player in the league. He's far too good for someone who didn't even make it in time to draft.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

TheFlyingLlama posted:

As if we'd allow you to have the grittiest, hardest working player in the league. He's far too good for someone who didn't even make it in time to draft.

Pfft. This things running through a simulator and if there's one thing analysts have taught me, it's that computers don't get the intangibles.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Feel like Max Scherzer is the first big reach.

Also I would've first-picked Tulo, so good job on that IcePhoenix.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mornacale posted:

Feel like Max Scherzer is the first big reach.

Also I would've first-picked Tulo, so good job on that IcePhoenix.

Thanks :) I was debating between him and a couple other guys (one of whom hasn't been drafted yet) but his defense at a premium position helped put him over.

also, just a reminder for THE RED MENACE (and everyone else, really) that the clock starts up again tomorrow at 10am eastern. Since it's a work day though that means that once you get skipped you don't get auto-drafted until after I get home!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks :) I was debating between him and a couple other guys (one of whom hasn't been drafted yet) but his defense at a premium position helped put him over.

Yeah, if Miggy wasn't on the board at #4, I'd have taken him myself, if only because of the game environment. With his major weakness, injury proneness, not being a factor here, he's amazing.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I can't believe Posey lasted as long as he did. I guess some people have a thing against catchers since they don't play "every day".

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agreed. There's a couple more players I'm surprised haven't been drafted yet, but I also didn't expect this SP run so early. I was kind of hoping I would be able to get a couple aces with my second and third picks, but now I might not even get one.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

tadashi posted:

I can't believe Posey lasted as long as he did. I guess some people have a thing against catchers since they don't play "every day".

Depending on who I get at first, Mssr. Buster may well end up playing somewhere every day.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Is Manny Machado's injury listed as less than 6 weeks in the game?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mynameisjohn posted:

Is Manny Machado's injury listed as less than 6 weeks in the game?

Yes but I just decided to reset all injuries since we're really just doing one year. I did forget to put that in the OP though so I will do that now.

The Merry Marauder posted:

Depending on who I get at first, Mssr. Buster may well end up playing somewhere every day.

I think you took Posey way too high if you're not going to play him at catcher.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
On his off days, was the joke.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh right, duh. The real Giants do that anyway, right?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

Posey was number 2 on my board after Cano :v:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Did anyone else not have Mike Trout as #1?

Also: Chicago White Sox getting Chris Sale = :3:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

Did anyone else not have Mike Trout as #1?

Also: Chicago White Sox getting Chris Sale = :3:

Who did you have? You could make an argument for Miggy, I guess, but even in a one year sim Trout is the better player, I think.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

I actually had Stanton at #3 since I've played OOTP enough times to know that he seems to sim really really well, but yeah Trout and Miggy 1/2 for sure.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Who did you have? You could make an argument for Miggy, I guess, but even in a one year sim Trout is the better player, I think.

No I had Trout, I was just wondering if anyone didn't. I worded my sentence poorly.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I would have gone Miggy 1st pick personally.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
In fantasy I could see a Miggy > Trout argument, but in something like this, where speed is a bigger factor than in fantasy, and where defense actually IS a factor, to me Trout is the obvious choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
My top 2 position players were Trout (obviously) and Cano (positional scarcity).

Initially I thought Sale would be my pick but I was surprised Felix dropped to 15.

• Locked thread