Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I'll take the SF Giants as next best thing. AL only DH

You the best, infidel castro :hf:

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I say budget, but you could always equalize the budgets and give us all $X million dollars in TV contracts, set it to a 99 year contract, and turn off revenue from games/other things. That way we are all COMMUNIST equals.

EDIT: You could also tell the game to redo salaries, so that superstars get x amount, elite players get slightly less, average less, etc etc. This would involve some effort but add some nice strategy to the game.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 9, 2014

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Surprised Waino lasted this long, and apologies for taking a few hours to make my pick. Next ones should be faster.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it too late for me (SF) to pick?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Screen Door Slams posted:

Can you embed .gifs in a google spreadsheet?

...asking for a friend.

Yes, you can.

If you're questioning this, you haven't checked the giants' page.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

I'm afraid you've been outdone by the folks in Tampa.

walkoffdickshot.gif is kinda hard to beat though.

I have Bonds' Elbow Guard, so....

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

But no Crazy Crab...

...until now.

Truly it is complete. My favorite touch is the unintentional effect of the blingee watermark showing "Home of the San Francisco Blingee".

That, or ADAM Blingee.

Petitioning to rename my team to the San Francisco Blingee. :snoop:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kensei posted:

AJ was a guy I was pondering when I took Beckett. Nice pick.

I was just kinda browsing through a list of SP's yet taken and had to check a couple times since I was surprised he lasted this long. Let's hope OOTP doesn't hate him for some reason.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Monicro posted:

Did we ever reach a conclusion for if suspensions are wiped or not? Asking for a friend

Oh man I assumed no, hence why you know who is undrafted.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, I hate being one pick away. Now I have to specifically get up early just to avoid being autopicked.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Screen Door Slams posted:

OOTP loves Avila and I'm prioritizing good defense.

This is important. OOTP has some really wonky ratings for players that explains why many of us (myself included) drafted relative nobodies much earlier in the draft. Why it considers Hechevarria one of the better shortstops is beyond my knowledge, but Avila is also ranked very highly.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

So would anybody want a guy who's been a solid 2.5 WAR second baseman (Ellis) for a few seasons leading up to this season for their next pick? There's a player I want and I don't think he's going to make it to me and I'm kind of regretting I didn't take him instead.

I'd be interested, though I'm not sure if my pick is much better than your own. (SF giants)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some of these teams are going to be disappointed when their third or fourth starter, a prospect, receives his first scouting report and has downgraded from a potential of 4.5 stars to 2.0 stars.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ooopsie, can I (SF) still pick then? Was without internet for a few days, don't mind that I lost some position for it, but would like to fill the roster now if I can.

EDIT: If it's any consolation I was at a Giants game earlier too.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 9, 2014

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If the pick clock gets to SF before 2PM PST today, just go past me. I won't have internet that doesn't block SA until after that time.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for it even though I probably don't need to!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Enjoy the holiday guys, the Lightning Round starts at noon eastern tomorrow! The last three dummies that got themselves skipped have all day today to make actual picks but I'm going to auto them before I go to bed tonight.

Why do you hate the West Coast :negative:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Icepheonix can just tell us once he looks at it in OOTP. I'm curious what the salary breakdowns are too.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The SF Blingee cost only $80.529 million, of which Adam Wainwright makes up 20 million, or about 25%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just let the game decide its smarter than me anyway.

• Locked thread