Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:
I'll take the Dodgers. Also, I'll vote to keep the DH AL only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Been eyeing Joey Bats since the beginning of the 2nd round. Marauder! :argh:

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

There's one Punto I really hope isn't chosen in the next 5 picks. In which case he'll probably be taken by the Astros in the next pick.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Crap, all the 3B guys I like are going off the board. There's only a couple Punto's left.

There's one Punto I'm hoping everyone has forgotten about so I can get him like 35 picks from now. Yes I know that's very unlikely. :ohdear:

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

For anyone with questions about the Jayson Heyward pick, the Cubs originally drafted him, before changing it like 30 minutes later to Napoli. So yes, you did see him drafted, but he wasn't actually drafted.

Alright, thanks for clarifying that Llama.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

tatankatonk posted:

What the gently caress why would you take Billy Hamilton this early lmao

I thought someone posted that OOTP likes young players. :saddowns:

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Screen Door Slams posted:

Okay, I think kensei had the steal of the draft with Wlad. I wanted to see what he could do, so I unretired him and ran a season.

I think this might border on gaming the system, since Wlad never even OPS+ over around 80 during his short, 3 year MLB career where he never played a full season. Still, great pick kensei!

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

That's also in Yankee stadium.

Oh duh; didn't even notice haha. Those numbers probably aren't as sustainable in Phoenix then. Still should work out well for kensei.

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

I mean, I dunno. His MLB time came at the ages of 23 and 24 and he was in Japan by the time he hit 26, so it's quite possible he just put it all together and if he came back to MLB he could do it. I dunno.

It's definitely not impossible. Now I'm curious how OOTP sets up career arcs and player's peaks when determining how well they should do in a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

I hate you, CFBalla.

I had to take him! I'm sorry :(

• Locked thread