Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

gently caress someone took the yankees. I still want to kick Monicro's butt so gimme the Blue Jays

e: And DH should be AL only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No budgets please.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Trout in Colorado :allears:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

I can't believe Posey lasted as long as he did. I guess some people have a thing against catchers since they don't play "every day".

Posey was number 2 on my board after Cano :v:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Prozach posted:

I'm surprised injury-free Gonzalez fell as much as he did. Sure, OF isn't a premium position, but he's up there with McCutchen and Stanton in that group just below Trout.

He is a 120-ish career OPS+ left fielder with shoddy defense. I don't think too many people are kicking themselves here.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Prozach posted:

Really? I don't want to shill the $40 to get a better picture of how good they are in the simulation, but I don't want to get screwed over every time I pick either just because I'm not familiar with how the system values players.

He has his flaws, but those are mostly tied to his injury history, and if that isn't a problem, then I'm not seeing where we differ so strongly on our evaluation of him. Out of the top 10 in his position seems really low to me.

Don't worry, it could have been way worse. You could have drafted Carlos Gomez :v:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Laderhan posted:

With the 23rd pick, the New York Mets select Carlos Gomez's IRL teammate Ryan Braun to piss off the New York Media.

The San Fransico Giants are up next.

This was the biggest reason why selecting Carlos Gonzales was really dumb, by the way.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am very happy to have been able to get Jared Weaver here. He is (In my opinion) the last ace available.

That being said, there is one player that I am honestly extremely shocked has not been picked yet considering how good he is, and the position he plays. I expect him to be taken soon, but this punto fell hard!.

IcePhoenix posted:

Your opinion is wrong.

>:c

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 14, 2014

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Well that's way higher than I expected Simmons to go. He was the autodraft that OOTP has been waiting to drop on someone for a while.

Yeah, it's just way too high to take a player who is going to have an OBP of .300.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zodiac5000 posted:

I figured 2B is pretty much dropping off a cliff and I needed to secure something not like... -snip- ...

I think you mean Nick Punto. :colbert:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pander posted:

Maybe he ranks 2B by height.

You're supposed to call undrafted guys Nick Puntos, and not refer to them by name.

:cmon:

e: Pander and Zodiac are different people, doh.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 15, 2014

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Try again mks

e: I just want to point this out because while I can almost understand missing it in the draft list, he then added it to the "already drafted" tab and, well...

Yeah, just a dumb overlook on my part. :saddowns:

I fixed it though. :downs:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mornacale posted:

Unless anyone objects, I'd happily pick for you if you Twitter DM me instructions.

Honestly people who are going to maybe miss a pick should start doing this. Just pick a list of people in order of preference to a third party and the problem is solved.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I still think Desmond is better than Lowrie but I think they're more or less identical in value in the game.

Yeah, they are actually pretty similar players. I don't think the gap between them is all that large. That being said, I was very pleased to get Desmond here. A middle infield of Cano/Desmond is pretty great.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pander posted:

So how awful were my picks? I spent a lot of time picking between several puntos before settling on this mix of offense (both are good hitters) and defense (Gordon good, Pence bad).

It's not so much the picks you've made, but rather the ones you have not made. I know you're in Colorado and pitching there is gonna be a crapshoot, but pitching is going to get pretty thin pretty fast.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Monicro posted:

Noooooooooooooo

The bald man is mine, suck it nerd.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Harlock posted:

When does the timer run out on Toronto?

It doesn't :colbert:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I too have sent a PM

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Real quick - how bad are positional adjustments if I were to say... switch a 3rd basemen to 2nd?

In real life? If a guy had the arm to play third and the range to play 2nd then he would probably already be a shortstop. So probably poorly.

In video game land? Probably poorly, probably thinks that guy turns into a sniveling baby when put on 2nd, though someone with more experience with OotP can answer this better than I.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I think a lot of the prospects being taken are guys who are THIS CLOSE to the majors and thus the people drafting them are banking on them making that last step and being big contributors.

How many of those prospects pan out I have no idea.

Miguel Sano being taken at all is hilariously stupid, let alone at like 110 or wherever the hell he was taken.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Merry Marauder posted:

He's certainly no Gregor Blanco, who will not fail to be Gregor Blanco.

He's a plus defender in Centerfield who gets on base at an average clip. This late in the draft I'm pretty happy with that pick

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Blue Jays are rolling out:

Jared Weaver
James Shields
Lance Lynn
Kyle Lohse
Bronson Arroyo

Pretty good if you ask me!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hello everyone. I used to be mks5000 but now I'm Paul Zuvella, greatest shortstop of all time!

(posting so no one is confused about the name change)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Oh poo poo someone took tommy la Stella wtf am I supposed to do with 2B now.

He's not even a top prospect how do you even know him

Well there is this one Nick Punto left.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am very glad that I took a catcher when I did.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I did it guys. It was me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Paul Zuvella supports this

• Locked thread