Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

So long as we don't need to own OOTP, I'll take the Braves. I'd prefer AL only DH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

I'd lean no budget, because it's not like a player's cap hit really has that much to do with how good they are. I don't really care how long it goes, so long as we know beforehand.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

e: actually since it's just one year I think I'll just reset all injuries unless there's enough people that disagree with that

Sounds good to me.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

For anyone looking to trade up, I have pick #4 and I'm willing to listen to offers.

EDIT:
With Miggy on the board though, it's not going to be cheap.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 10, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

HAL9100 posted:

As the "victim" that got stuck with Stanton due entirely to my own ignorance, im pretty good with it.

I 100% expected the Pirates' franchise player to be Nick Punto once I realized I'd missed it. I'm equal parts proud and disappointed with you guys.

As if we'd allow you to have the grittiest, hardest working player in the league. He's far too good for someone who didn't even make it in time to draft.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks :) I was debating between him and a couple other guys (one of whom hasn't been drafted yet) but his defense at a premium position helped put him over.

Yeah, if Miggy wasn't on the board at #4, I'd have taken him myself, if only because of the game environment. With his major weakness, injury proneness, not being a factor here, he's amazing.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Obviously the best choice is Nick Punto. His heart, grittiness, and hustle are so great that no projection system can underrate him.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Am I free to draft?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

In a no injury environment, I really liked Kemp's value here, so I decided against picking a pitcher. Not sure if that's going to bite me in the rear end though.

Also, thanks to whoever put him in the draft google document, because I completely forgot.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Value got to me again. I couldn't turn down a possibly elite leadoff man in Ellsbury, even with Kemp already on the team. I guess I'll just move Kemp to a Corner spot, and hope that he hits well enough to justify it. I mean, a 1-2-3 lineup of Ellsbury, Kemp and Miggy?
Also, Kinsler and Kipnis were off the board, and I was really hoping to get one of them.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Crap, all the 3B guys I like are going off the board. There's only a couple Punto's left.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Ah crap. I was really hoping people would forget about the injured braves starters. Surprised Beachy went this early though, injuries or no injuries it seems a bit early.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Laderhan posted:

lmao, how the gently caress did you guys let jones slip down that far?

It probably has something to do with his inability to take a walk.

Also, goddamnit I was really hoping that Chase Headley would fall to my pick.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

For anyone with questions about the Jayson Heyward pick, the Cubs originally drafted him, before changing it like 30 minutes later to Napoli. So yes, you did see him drafted, but he wasn't actually drafted.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Eh, I probably shouldn't have taken Josh over some pitching, but he grew up like 20 miles from my house, so I kinda had to. Besides, now I have all of the bats.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Infidel Castro posted:

If I remember correctly, he slid all the way into the 9th round in the one we did 2 yeas ago. I was at the point that if he had slipped to me in that round I would have taken him anyway despite having taken Posey with my 1st rounder.

Didn't you take Longoria?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Eh, I think they're okay. Might be a little early for either of them, simply because corner outfield isn't a terribly scarce postion, and I dunno if either of these guys are really elite enough to be worth taking over some other puntos on the board. Part of that is me not being much of a fan of Alex Gordon though.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Hm. Do I do the smart thing and take a pitcher, or do I follow my true nature and take all of the bats?

decisions decisions.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

FairGame posted:

Recreate the dinger temple atmosphere tia

Not going to recreate the stadium, but goddamn if I cant recreate the spirit.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

oh christ all the sleeper pitchers that were going to make up my rotation are getting picked.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

tatankatonk posted:

What the gently caress why would you take Billy Hamilton this early lmao

Good defense at a prime defensive position. As long as he isn't batting leadoff, and he can manage like a .330 OBP he's probably a useful player.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

The Merry Marauder posted:

Just auto everyone left in the round on principle.

Wait, why am I being punished because 4 guys ahead of me didn't/couldn't pick?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Pick has been fixed. Just frustrating that I specifically checked the "Drafted Pitchers" tab to make sure he was free. Apparently 2 rounds isn't enough time for some people to mark their picks.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

My reasoning for taking Javier Baez is that he's a lottery ticket. If he gets a good roll he might hit as well enough to be worth it, if he doesn't, well I'll just have to draft someone who can man SS later. Archie Bradley is basically the same idea: if he completely busts I'll move him to LR or something, but I think that the possible upside is worth gambling on.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

I don't mind explaining it. I think it's fun to try and make the best team, and I'm just saying why I think prospects are worth taking. I'm not trying to justify myself or anything, I just like talking out strategy.

Also if Carlos Rodon is actually draftable, I'm taking him, terrible pick or not.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Atlanta you don't have PMs so I'm going to publicly offer you the same deal I sent to the last two teams picking that didn't check their PMs in time:

My 15/16 for your 15/17

Yeah, I'll take that trade, so you're up.

EDIT: I know the clock on this pick runs out in 15ish minutes, but please give IcePhoenix some time to actually pick. It's not his fault I couldn't get out of work to accept the trade until about 10 minutes ago.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 10, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Rotation done, most of the lineup done, and still no goddamn clue how good my team's going to be. Hoping for either good or trainwreck, because mediocre is just boring for everyone involved. Time to start praying that those kids get good rolls.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Speaking of Confirmation Bias, I was amazed that Jonny Venters went so early among the LOGGYs. Yeah, I had planned on taking him myself, but solely as a Braves Homer pick. I know he was dominant in 2011, but how much can you trust a guy who hasn't played an inning in the majors for 2 years?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Oh poo poo someone took tommy la Stella wtf am I supposed to do with 2B now.

He's not even a top prospect how do you even know him

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

There are still a couple guys I like at 2B left, but still, come on guys stop taking my homer barves picks already. I missed out on O'Ventrable, and now I'm missing out on the few prospects that might be remotely useful in this kind of sims.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

BJ was on my draft board, and I like his value as a 4th outfielder who you could use more if he rolls/hits well.

Tejada is mostly so I can have more mets to stick on my bench

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Yeah, I've had my pick ready for over 2 days at this point. I ain't waiting until tomorrow to post it.

EDIT: Not trying to rag on anybody or anything, I'm just ready to get this show back on the road

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 26, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

I'm ambivalent about it. Sure, it would be interesting, but how much difference does it make? What difference is there in utility guys at the rear end end of a draft?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Eh, go for it then. I'm taking my Joke Player next round, rather than the last one, so it doesn't really effect me much.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Assuming that I've calculated things right, and excluding rookies, the Braves salary is somewhere around 130-135M for this season.

EDIT: Apparently my numbers are pretty well off what some other people have gotten.

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 6, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

The Barves have their lineup, rotation and bullpen in the team page. I guess have the computer set the sliders, as I have no idea what any of the sliders are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

If only there was a post at the beginning of the thread explaining them all :shrug:

Fair enough. On the other hand, coming up with sliders for that many situations is probably past what I'm willing to bother with this drunk. Just let the computer come up with everything, that gives me a convenient scapegoat when everything goes tits up.

• Locked thread