Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Gimme Detroit Pittsburgh and lets play with the real DH rules. Makes the WS more interesting.

e: didn't see the Tigers get claimed.

Dr. Tommy John fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Politicalrancor posted:

I like that, to a point. We should have some limits on dimensions at the very least, because 252 feet to the left field fence like the LA Coliseum seems like bullshit. I would totally support the Polo grounds though

Colorado Wins the Year Thanks For Coming Out.

Am I wrong?

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

The Pirates request the following strategic settings:

Sliders to be placed exactly one tick from the the leftmost side:
Use Hit & Run
Use Run & Hit
All 3 Bunts
Intentional Walk
Hook Starting Pitcher

Sliders to be placed at 75%
Stealing Bases/Baserunning
Use Infield Shift
Favor L/R Matchup

All of our pitchers would have a 110 pitch limit in a given game, though that may become cumbersome for you and be fine to leave out.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Pander posted:

Is it possible you may want to wait until you actually have players to determine your strategies?

Nope.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Holy poo poo I thought we were starting in the morning! Sorry dudes.

Assuming I haven't already autodrafted him, The Pittsburgh Pirates are proud to welcome 1B/3B MIGUEL CABRERA into the franchise.

Dr. Tommy John fucked around with this message at 06:37 on May 11, 2014

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

As the "victim" that got stuck with Stanton due entirely to my own ignorance, im pretty good with it.

I 100% expected the Pirates' franchise player to be Nick Punto once I realized I'd missed it. I'm equal parts proud and disappointed with you guys.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

TheFlyingLlama posted:

As if we'd allow you to have the grittiest, hardest working player in the league. He's far too good for someone who didn't even make it in time to draft.

Pfft. This things running through a simulator and if there's one thing analysts have taught me, it's that computers don't get the intangibles.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

I actually had Stanton at #3 since I've played OOTP enough times to know that he seems to sim really really well, but yeah Trout and Miggy 1/2 for sure.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Zythrst posted:

Hey Pander its kind of frowned upon to bring up undrafted guys.

Pretty sure it's always fine to make mention of the many-splendored Nick Puntos of the world. Also there's guys like Nick Punto who are sort of so up-front in peoples' consciousnesses that you just have to expect that everyone's already thinking of them. Also, it's not like there's anything to be ventured or lost if you're just going to mention a non-guy like Nick Punto.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Monicro posted:

I'd say with the pitchers drafted already this is pretty debatable at best unless you really really like Matt Harvey, but even if I'm wrong I wanted to keep the draft moving so

I think you meant Nick Punto, as there haven't been any Nick Puntos drafted yet that have the name "Matt Harvey."

Seriously please don't do this poo poo, everyone who hasn't been drafted yet is Nick Punto. It worked great last year.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

mynameisjohn posted:

it sucks that they basically just use PECOTA because Nick Punto will be terrible in the game because they predicted heavy regression

Yeah it can be weird with guys that hit the ground running. I played a significant amount of the 13 one and I had to manually go adjust Trout's stats because it just felt wrong.

Nick Punto is totally this year's Trout.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

My surprise at none of you guys jumping all over Nick loving Punto of all guys is starting to turn to a cautious optimism!

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

Joey "Nick Punto Bats" Bautista was the Punto I was shocked was still hanging around.

Better start eying up whoever I'm taking next.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Zodiac's four hours are up, HAL9100 is up. I'm busy and can't autopick right now. If Zodiac's third round pick comes up and he still hasn't picked it skips to Atlanta.

Just consulting my draft team now.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

To be fair, I always draft Kimbrel in OOTP because it thinks he owns bones to a pretty ludicrous degree. (He does.)

My best OOTP career was 13 seasons in first place, never below 90 wins, 3 WS titles and 4 105+ win seasons. Kimbrel was on the team until the game randomized a guy named Joe Givens with identical stats right around Craig's 33rd birthday. I paid him 12% of my budget for the last five years and he provided tons of surplus value on top of that. It also made him pitch a lot, often having him go two innings and often in non-save situations. I feel like OOTP really likes elite closers.

[/en]

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

After changing my name and deets, and I'm sure being skipped and reassigned, I'd just like to make the official announcement:

This is super fun but my computer broke and my phone was right behind it so I currently have no way to post outside of the little windows I get during the work day.

I hope that whomever the Pirates have been contracted to does them right, and sorry for throwing a wrench in the gears!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

I guess that was a little unclear, yes. The name change and 4th/5th pick were meant to be this weekend after I had this avatar commissioned, and then the technological apocalypse befell my household.

• Locked thread