Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Looks like a fancy dessert

All good dick does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

This is the badass thread, not the gooddick thread. That’s just the opposite

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

freeedr posted:

This is the badass thread, not the gooddick thread. That’s just the opposite

To some people, gooddick is pretty badass.

Speaking of which, tell your mom I said "hi."

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Punk Beetle

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I'm at a loss how you're all seeing dicks on that tomb, unless your dick has a beak/bill.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Billy Jeffley down the street says he saw a dick with a toenail once. Guy said he trimmed it every week and spent all morning filing it so it was super smooth, for his wife’s sake

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Platystemon posted:

John Paul Jones was not a good man, but his crypt is very powerful, and the story of how his body ended up there is wild.

Hey dude, you copied the clickbait title from whatever site you grabbed that from, but forgot to include the article itself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

freeedr posted:

Billy Jeffley down the street says he saw a dick with a toenail once. Guy said he trimmed it every week and spent all morning filing it so it was super smooth, for his wife’s sake
Want to see a dick with ten toenails?

you've been on this site for nearly two decades you know where this is going

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Hey dude, you copied the clickbait title from whatever site you grabbed that from, but forgot to include the article itself.

His body was pickled in liquor in a lead casket.

It took years of work to find it a century later. It’s far, far more effort than the criminal deserved.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/naval-history-magazine/2012/january/resurrection-john-paul-jones

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

a woman in toulouse demosntrates her shoe-throwing skills to a cop

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:stwoon:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

spechtie posted:

a woman in toulouse demosntrates her shoe-throwing skills to a cop

hell yea

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

His body was pickled in liquor in a lead casket.

It took years of work to find it a century later. It’s far, far more effort than the criminal deserved.

https://www.usni.org/magazines/naval-history-magazine/2012/january/resurrection-john-paul-jones

Ohh that John Paul Jones, I thought you meant the bass player from Zeppelin (who is also not dead?? I must have conflated him with John Entwhistle)

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

U.S. Naval Institute posted:

On his arrival in the capital, the admiral became a victim of politics and intrigue at the Russian court and the expressed hatred of British naval officers serving the empress. He left St. Petersburg in August 1789 in the wake of an alleged sexual scandal concocted by his enemies.

I'm not super trusting of 18th century Russian politicians, but Wikipedia says his defense when accused of raping a 10 year old was basically "I paid her for sex all the time and she's totally 12...I mean, she made the whole thing up!"

Wiki also says most biographers doubt the accusation and they'd know better than I do, but drat dude get a better lawyer and then listen to them.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Anything that comes from the court of Kathrine the great should be treated with skepticism. But a diplomat that’s a pederast is hardly a shocker.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Borscht posted:

But a diplomat that’s a pederast is hardly a shocker.

I thought it was one of those 'choose two our of three' deals. Pederast, organized crime, political dynasty failson.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I thought it was one of those 'choose two our of three' deals. Pederast, organized crime, political dynasty failson.

One of the worse "gently caress, marry, kill" dilemmas Ive seen

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

March 29 2024 🇵🇸 While standing in line trying to get some food in the southern Gaza Strip, he yelled at the journalist Fakri Ibrahim, saying: 'Send this picture to Israel and the world.'

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

spechtie posted:

March 29 2024 🇵🇸 While standing in line trying to get some food in the southern Gaza Strip, he yelled at the journalist Fakri Ibrahim, saying: 'Send this picture to Israel and the world.'

Holy gently caress

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1774700953909817424?s=20

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Hot drat that’s cool!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

quote:

Theo Dagnaud scans the horizon to ensure that firefighter patrols have left, and he can mark the area as ‘controlled’, Quebec, Canada, 13 July 2023. Fuelled by high temperatures and dry conditions, gigantic summer forest fires swept across Canada in 2023, affecting all 13 provinces and territories, especially northern parts of Quebec. The record-breaking fire season began early and ended late, burning nearly three times more land than usual

quote:

Neighbours play board games under a sky lit by gas flares, Punta de Mata, Venezuela, 5 November 2022.

quote:

A young man bounces off a post in a soccer field in Gafsa, a region crucial to the Tunisian economy for its phosphate mines and marked by high youth unemployment, Umm-Al-Arais, Tunisia, 17 October 2015.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A friend of mine works in air traffic control. This was the view from her desk yesterday:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

A friend of mine works in air traffic control. This was the view from her desk yesterday:

Pictures you can hear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ZGFbKaNsY

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

how much money did it cost to make these

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Where is that? If you don't want to say that's fine but I didn't know if they allowed photos on an airbase and it looks too rinky dink to be a major airport, plus the background looks downright rustic.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If they're a civilian ATC, that’s an Air National Guard base.

Also looks like a fairly major river.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It's in Alabama. Just part of the DoD's long term plan to invade Florida.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lazy_Liberal posted:

how much money did it cost to make these

A-10s are 15 mil or so I think

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
At $15m you can get 2 A-10's for the price of one MQ-9 Reaper drone.

In a weird way it shows how much the USAF values pilots that they'll spend more to keep them out of direct harm.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Android Apocalypse posted:

In a weird way it shows how much the USAF values pilots that they'll spend more to keep them out of direct harm.

lmao if you think that is a factor at all and not that someone can bill more for a shiny toy.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Azhais posted:

A-10s are 15 mil or so I think

¡ay caramba!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Milo and POTUS posted:

Where is that? If you don't want to say that's fine but I didn't know if they allowed photos on an airbase and it looks too rinky dink to be a major airport, plus the background looks downright rustic.

YQX

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Android Apocalypse posted:

15m in late 70's money. That's more like 80 million USD today.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Do a flip!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kafouille posted:

15m in late 70's money. That's more like 80 million USD today.

drat, I was thinking the next goon project could be a real doozy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inceltown posted:

lmao if you think that is a factor at all and not that someone can bill more for a shiny toy.

It's absolutely a factor: pilots cost money to train.