Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Rare Collectable posted:

I ran into a fully grown bull moose earlier this summer on a portage trip. I hadn't fully appreciated how imposing these guys are until I was 10 feet away from one towering over my canoe.

When I was in scouts we did a boundary waters trip and one evening we had a female and her calf enter the campsite. Lemme tell you that was a tense 45 minutes while we waited for them to move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
I just heard the Mortal Kombat theme playing really loudly.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

"An elephant hosed up our train. That is SO AWESOME, let's loving honour him."

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

DandyLion posted:

I honestly can't stop watching this. What tournament/match was this?

I did find a source video, but I don't know any turkish, so I can't really say much about it.
http://www.izlesene.com/video/rakibini-akla-gelmez-hareketle-nakavt-eden-guresci/7003998

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress the haters, this poo poo is more important and Bad rear end than anything invented since (or prior)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JoelJoel posted:

gently caress the haters, this poo poo is more important and Bad rear end than anything invented since (or prior)

Wanna explain it to those of us that haven't taken chemistry since 1995?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wanna explain it to those of us that haven't taken chemistry since 1995?

Looks like Penicillin.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Suleman posted:

I did find a source video, but I don't know any turkish, so I can't really say much about it.

Turkish wrestling, you say?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

That's why it's a sin to mock a killingbird.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

JoelJoel posted:

These fuckers will gently caress you up. Especially don't hit them with your cars.

Solitary, peaceful, and 500kg of muscle and hatred when provoked.

Simply one of the most majestic creatures of the North.

:black101:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zopotantor posted:

Turkish wrestling, you say?

Wait...what's he doing with his hands :o:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Roblo posted:

He's helping the other man with his constipation.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Roblo posted:

Looks like he went for a tackle.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Raptor courtship is pretty badass.

I started seeing a pair of Red-shouldered Hawks together at my local marsh earlier this year. One day, they were both calling loudly from a cluster of willows, then one took off with its crop swollen with food:

And the other followed, carrying what was left of a duck.

Kites hand off prey in mid air to their mates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5GwdACKi0E

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Roblo posted:

The pants are probably one of the strongest grips, since the other person can't pull it off as easily, like a gi in jiujitsu. This doesn't explain why they chose leather though.

Wrestlepig has a new favorite as of 22:51 on Aug 28, 2014

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holy gently caress. I never realized they'd gently caress each other up so much. I mean, I knew bulls could kill each other in competition, but never appreciated just how violent the contests could get until I saw that.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

That's just the velvet on the horns.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Holy gently caress. I never realized they'd gently caress each other up so much. I mean, I knew bulls could kill each other in competition, but never appreciated just how violent the contests could get until I saw that.

I'm not sure if it works differently for moose than it does for deer, although I assume not. The antlers bleed a lot when they're being shed (every year) whether they've been fighting or not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ah, I thought that one moose had a huge gash across its face.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Istari posted:

I'm not sure if it works differently for moose than it does for deer, although I assume not. The antlers bleed a lot when they're being shed (every year) whether they've been fighting or not.

Can you imagine having to go to work like that?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dick Trauma posted:

I think if I was out hunting and saw movement, took aim, and looked down the scope to see THAT bloodied monster, I would poo poo myself.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dick Trauma posted:

I figure you could just use some sort of purpose-made antler emory board and get it all off in one go. The big problem would be getting undershirts on. You may or may not have to drive a convertible.

Why yes this is indeed something I've given a lot of thought. :shepface:

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

This thread has inspired me to make a weekend project of following the elk herds, since I've seen signs that the rut is starting here. I spotted this bull in May - it's the largest Roosevelt elk I've seen by a decent margin and I'd love to get some photos or footage of him going to town on a rival bull.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dick Trauma posted:

bitches love it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase#Spartan

Fun fact: I have Spartan ancestry

Sad fact: I will never be as witty :smith:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

chaos rhames posted:

The pants are probably one of the strongest grips, since the other person can't pull it off as easily, like a gi in jiujitsu. This doesn't explain why they chose leather though.

Well, if memory serves, Turkish wrestling differs from Greco/Roman wrestling by each of the contestants slathering themselves in olive oil prior to the fight to make holds much more difficult - the leather pants are basically to stop the oil soaking into their clothes.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Moon Potato posted:

This thread has inspired me to make a weekend project of following the elk herds, since I've seen signs that the rut is starting here. I spotted this bull in May - it's the largest Roosevelt elk I've seen by a decent margin and I'd love to get some photos or footage of him going to town on a rival bull.

you're creeping him out

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

TheBigAristotle posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laconic_phrase#Spartan

Fun fact: I have Spartan ancestry

Sad fact: I will never be as witty :smith:

I can see you've inherited a Spartan sense of humour

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Samovar posted:

Well, if memory serves, Turkish wrestling differs from Greco/Roman wrestling by each of the contestants slathering themselves in olive oil prior to the fight to make holds much more difficult - the leather pants are basically to stop the oil soaking into their clothes.

It'd be even harder to grab on if they didn't have any clothes at all.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Slime posted:

It'd be even harder to grab on if they didn't have any clothes at all.

Too many accidental happy endings.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Crossposting from the PYF GIF thread

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Doctor Bishop posted:

Crossposting from the PYF GIF thread

Cool as a loving cucumber, that guy.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

:rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

that seems like a lot of potentially dead or critically injured people if somebody wrecks or loses control. I definitely wouldn't be standing on the side of the road like that.