Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mustang posted:

that seems like a lot of potentially dead or critically injured people if somebody wrecks or loses control. I definitely wouldn't be standing on the side of the road like that.

Then you, sir, are not a true rally fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

Mustang posted:

that seems like a lot of potentially dead or critically injured people if somebody wrecks or loses control. I definitely wouldn't be standing on the side of the road like that.

I don't think it's as bad as it used to be, but a golden rule is that rally spectators are loving suicidal.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Babies are neither metal nor Bad rear end.

This guy knows what's up:

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

JoelJoel posted:

I can't wait to find out if he made it out of that or not.
So far every bit of coverage for that one has been a retweet.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

JoelJoel posted:

I can't quite make out the livery on the cop car at the end there, but is this from Baltimore?

Because this is quite possibly the most Baltimore thing that ever happened.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Mustang posted:

That class of racing was banned probably less than a year after that shot due to numerous spectator and driver deaths. There were basically no rules, so cars had over 600hp with 1980s suspension, brake, tire, and safety technology. Which is why they did this:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jamal posted:

That class of racing was banned probably less than a year after that shot due to numerous spectator and driver deaths. There were basically no rules, so cars had over 600hp with 1980s suspension, brake, tire, and safety technology. Which is why they did this:

Yeah, Michelin are great tires for rally racing. Grippy on the street and loose and controllable in the dirt.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

JoelJoel posted:

"Welp, I know I'm going to get arrested either way for this one, so gently caress it, wheelie-time!!"

That's the kind of guy you just know would be great to buy a drink, even if you don't normally drink yourself.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Mustang posted:

Dude received enough injuries to kill like 10 people yet somehow he didn't die. People often comment on how he looks fat for a Special Forces soldier. That picture was taken in 1981 after he had already left the army and had been in and out of hospitals for years to fix all those injuries he received on May 2, 1968.

When I was in service I had this fat guy in my company. Everybody made fun of him, even the staff until we got to the obstacle course for the first time and everybody saw him tore through it like it was nothing, on first try, wearing full combat kit.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ahhh, animal cruelty. The original Bad rear end.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

JoelJoel posted:

I just rolled my eyes so hard I think they're stuck

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

TheBigAristotle posted:

I just rolled my eyes so hard I think they're stuck

:ironicat:

Also, those pictures are in no way Bad rear end.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
True. Humorous, but no, not really badass.

However, boiling giant sea bugs alive for their tasty meat is pretty badass

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Do you actually think that someone is making lobsters knife fight? You're an idiot.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Do you actually think that someone is making lobsters knife fight? You're an idiot.

Wait they aren't forcing lobsters to battle to the death? Oh thank God. I thought something bad was going to happen to them. Thank you for clearing that up, you tool.

Also, yes :

TheBigAristotle posted:

boiling giant sea bugs alive for their tasty meat is pretty badass

e: high five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0z74CNxjtM

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Sep 3, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

JoelJoel posted:

e: high five!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Sometimes riding a motor vehicle on a near-vertical surface just isn't crazy enough. So why not put a lion in your sidecar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LqFApyS6Is

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

very little different from the 13th century
so badass

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That's a 'prosthetic' in the same way that taping a fork to her stump could be considered a prosthetic.

Hell, pop down to the local sex shop and buy a flesh covered silicone hand then hollow out the end and that would look a million times better than that papercraft poo poo she's got on.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

More of the same one.

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's a 'prosthetic' in the same way that taping a fork to her stump could be considered a prosthetic.

Hell, pop down to the local sex shop and buy a flesh covered silicone hand then hollow out the end and that would look a million times better than that papercraft poo poo she's got on.

What an unbelievably lame-rear end post. Ooh, look at the master prosthesis fashionista. You must be a hit at parties. That's not a REAL prosthetic, it's just an inexpensively-manufactured alternative to a device that replaces a missing body part :saddowns:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Ray Bans are a nice touch.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Mustang posted:

There's a documentary about Group B rally. It's called Madness on Wheels :stare:
The full thing is here

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Cobweb Heart posted:

More of the same one.

What an unbelievably lame-rear end post. Ooh, look at the master prosthesis fashionista. You must be a hit at parties. That's not a REAL prosthetic, it's just an inexpensively-manufactured alternative to a device that replaces a missing body part :saddowns:

Hey, if I can't forever scar another human being with my claw-grip-thingy, then I don't wanna be right.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Cobweb Heart posted:

More of the same one.

I mean, if the goal of a prosthetic is to replace some functionality then it is a pretty lovely prosthetic, it looks purely decorative. But whatever. /pedant_rant

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Do you think that's her only loving fake hand lmao

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

jamal posted:

That's the driver's blood types isn't it? If they got in a severe enough crash where you had to know their blood types right then and there, you'd think the car would be so badly crumpled that you wouldn't even see it. Kinda pointless in my opinion, put that poo poo on their helmets or something.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Constipated posted:

That's the driver's blood types isn't it? If they got in a severe enough crash where you had to know their blood types right then and there, you'd think the car would be so badly crumpled that you wouldn't even see it. Kinda pointless in my opinion, put that poo poo on their helmets or something.

Racing cars nowadays are pretty safe places, because they have roll cages and special crumple zones, etc. Back in the '80s, none of that special safety equipment really existed, so it didn't take much to kill a human; we're pretty fragile.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Constipated posted:

They were also on their racing suits and helmets. But if you can think of a number of times to write potentially life-saving advice on a person and their deathtrap racing machine that is too many, by all means complain about it.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Along those lines, meet Ashol-Pan, a 13 year old eagle huntress in Mongolia, perhaps the only one in the whole country.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cobweb Heart posted:

Yes, I'm a lame-rear end party pooper. And a stinky headed doodoo.

Let's check out what 3D printing can actually do for people who have lost limbs to make their life better.

Hands and arms:

Legs:

These are bad rear end. The one posted by Say Nothing was certainly pretty and I'm sure it's handy* to walk around with a lightweight prosthetic, but given what people are doing right now with 3D printing, pretty is all it is.

* :rimshot:

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I miss that rule in the old thread where we weren't allowed to argue about what's bad rear end and just posted cool poo poo.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Memento posted:

But if you can think of a number of times to write potentially life-saving advice on a person and their deathtrap racing machine that is too many, by all means complain about it.

Three more corporate logos could have been squeezed into that spot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Man with Hat posted:

I miss that rule in the old thread where we weren't allowed to argue about what's bad rear end and just posted cool poo poo.

Fair enough. I should have just posted the 3D printed stuff and left it at that.

So, in the vein of just posting badass stuff, fire mining:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gorilla Salad posted:

Fair enough. I should have just posted the 3D printed stuff and left it at that.

So, in the vein of just posting badass stuff, fire mining:

Interesting. What am I seeing?

---------------------

Hyena men:

Basically hucksters, but still, that's a loving hyena.

wiki posted:

man-eating spotted hyenas tend to be very large specimens: A pair of man-eating hyenas, responsible for killing 27 people in Mlanje, Malawi in 1962, were weighed at 72 kg (159 lb) and 77 kg (170 lb) after being shot.[50] In 1903, Hector Duff wrote of how spotted hyenas in the Mzimba district of Angoniland would wait at dawn outside people's huts and attack them when they opened their doors[!!!]
:stare:

What is it with humans and making pets out of vicious killers and our former predators?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

JoelJoel posted:

How fire gets made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phlix
Feb 8, 2004
Euro Trash

JoelJoel posted:

---------------------

Hyena men:

Basically hucksters, but still, that's a loving hyena.

:stare:

What is it with humans and making pets out of vicious killers and our former predators?

If I remember correctly that picture came from a series portraying drugdealers/druglords on the mean streets of Nigeria. The hyenas were used to intimidated other gangs and people in general.

Quick edit: Guess not.
http://sobadsogood.com/2012/05/23/a-fascinating-look-at-the-hyena-men-of-nigeria-by-photographer-pieter-hugo/