Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Nordick posted:

I'm basically just guessing here, but I think a coal deposit or whatever has caught fire and they're basically trying to put it out by just digging away the burning stuff. So yeah, fire mining.
If someone knows better, feel free to correct me.

You're exactly right. Fires are one of the many things that make me want to stay way the hell away from coal mines. The ribs and back (walls) can breathe toxic poo poo on you, the drifts (roadways) can move, I've heard of freaking portals (the opening to the mine)spontaneously closing. Even better is if you're core drilling and hit a void filled methane and it blows sending a huge spear of metal back at you.

I'll work hard rock thank you. At least in hard rock if the earth decides to eat me it'll be a quick slabbing. gently caress coal mining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Here is a badass mining truck

I work in the industry mostly because it's full of big toys like this

Nothing like reading the MSHA fatalgrams looking for the first haul truck crushing another vehicle parked in one of the huge blind spots those things have of the year. Almost always a supervisor of some sort doing the parking.

Jeremy_X has a new favorite as of 17:28 on Apr 28, 2017

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Kalenn Istarion posted:

If you are able to park near one in such a way that that's possible it's a failure of the site safety system... but also a victory for Darwin

Agreed but it happens way more than it should. Getting trained by an ex-MSHA inspector was interesting and frightening.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
On flying and storms, can someone remind me of the name of this air phenomena that's like a fist of cold (I think) air that sort of punches down from the sky towards the ground. I'm trying to explain it to a coworker and can't remember the name. I swear I read about it in this thread. I'd just look it up but stuck using my phone and Google won't load.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

EoinCannon posted:

Could be a microburst?

That's it, thanks.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

He ate some soy and washed it down with tap water and now he's a gay woman

He tried to warn us, but KKKillary and Jewtube and Fascistbook and ((((Twitler)))) denied him his god-given voice as declared by Jesus and Ron Paul and the only way to get us to believe was to show us the horrible effects of Soylent Peen and Fl-her-ide.

What's with the (((____)))? I've seen this before and have no clue what it is supposed to mean.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Ariong posted:

It's something that alt-right people do to imply that people are jewish or that groups/corporations are run by jews. Oh sorry, globalists.

DontMockMySmock posted:

It's a thing that white supremacists do around the names of people who are Jewish, or possibly just that they don't like. It's literally this:

That's really stupid. My head hurts now.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Otteration posted:

Explore the fresh new world young grasshopper-like mantis person. Your head has much more hurt to provide you.

Nope. Going back to the puppy cave.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

I keep hearing the nanananana noise from the Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

The this is what happens when you get to wanted level six in GTA.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Wilford Brimley is going to be upset over the leaking of his baby pictures

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

This is the ancient master those Oktoberfest waitresses train with isn't it?

Red Dead Redemption 2 five finger fillet on hard mode.

Dick Trauma posted:

Crowd of about 2M protestors parts like the Red Sea to let an ambulance through.

https://twitter.com/sanzhao4/status/1140264087936307200

This is what happens when someone shouts "Car!" during the protest. Joking aside this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Don't call people twat, dick.

Don't call people dick, rear end