Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Choco1980 posted:

To put things in perspective, Arnold Schwarzenegger is reportedly 6'2", so not short. Reminds me of when in college I caught a live ECW matchup, and afterwards many of the wrestlers came and met fans outside. The camera, it turns out, not only adds pounds, but reduces inches. There was one guy, Spike Dudley, who would get treated like he was a midget in the ring, to the point of often being picked up and thrown by others, that in person I realized was the same height as myself, an average height dude. The "average" height wrestlers towered over me. I can't even fathom what it'd be like to meet a huge guy like Andre in person.

I went to a few WWF shows back in high school, closest I got was seeing Undertaker (Mark Calloway) after a show, and the dude was GIGANTIC. I'm 5'8" and it felt like the top of my head barely reached up to his bicep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I want to see ambulances and fire trucks with these, just for the entertainment of watching assholes get wrecked when they refuse to move out of the way :black101:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

Here's a really good read on the A-10, with explanations as to why Congress keeps trying to kill the plane, and how it keeps coming back.

gently caress retiring the A-10 - keep it around, make more of them, and scrap the useless million-dollar shitpiles that the military has been cranking out over the last 2 decades. When a vehicle or equipment lasts that long and has such a badass service record, you do NOT retire it, let alone stop making it, unless you're 100% helmet-wearing, sub-40 IQ retarded.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

It's always staggering to me just how massive a lot of those prehistoric skeletons are, and even modern animal ones. I mean yeah, in pictures they look big, but until you're next to one physically, it's night and day comparison. I remember seeing a whale skeleton as a kid in a UK Natural History museum (think it was a blue whale, not sure though) and I must've stared slack-jawed at it for a solid 5 minutes like "whoa...that's freaking HUGE :aaa:"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

"He died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the age of 71 over an unrequited love" :smith:

Just low of Death to make a woman do his dirty work

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

DandyLion posted:

Huh, never took Dane Cook for such a thrill-seeker.

Dude ripped off jokes from Louis C.K., there's no bounds to his brash stupidity

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Counterpoint: Adam Savage and Dan Savage. Both badasses in their own right.

NEVER FORGET THE MOST DECORATED SAVAGE OF "EM ALL

OOH YEAH

DIG IT

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Soulex posted:

When he starts talking quietly and then gets louder, he kinda sounds a little like Chris Farley.

I pictured Macho Man doing the whole "LIVIN' IN A VAN BY THE RIVER" sketch & can't stop laughing

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Centripetal Horse posted:

I forgot just how good he really was. Several of them were. I didn't appreciate the subtle nuances as a kid, but holy poo poo, that is some top-notch acting. I am not being remotely sarcastic.

Lets Pickle posted:

I'm loving laughing at the creamers he keeps moving to his right hand.

TheBigAristotle posted:

I love the creamer container falling off his head and he just rolls into "On balance, off balance, doesn't matter"

Centripetal Horse posted:

The way his words are punctuated by the "thunk" of creamers hitting the carpet is hilarious.

These all unironically make me happy, Randy Savage was amazing back in his day and it's fun to see that popularity go beyond just wrestling. His Arsenio Hall appearances were fantastic too, he was just all over the place with promos but had a great quick mind and awesome psychology. Mean Gene keeping a straight face through all of it is just the icing on the cake and makes it SO much better.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Sep 11, 2015

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Walking with a log on your shoulders for five steps.

I was dissapointed, cause they were totally babysteps. Still impressive.

Wasn't there something about a previous guy who tried this and broke his back?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

More :siren:BRIAN BLESSED:siren: commentating a snooker game - one of my favorite videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP11L9jRW94

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Soulex posted:

I'm calling fake

Fake or not, that's pretty drat impressive - takes plenty of skill and practice not to die doing a staged stunt

syscall girl posted:

Whoa

Wanna see a cat go in one of those.

This might be as close as you get but always hilarious :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9XtK6R1QAk&t=15s

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Jan 29, 2016

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

FYI Keebler makes cookie versions of every gsc, like thin mints that are more minty and not dry. Better samoas, so on. I don't buy cookies often. But seeing a girl scout in from of a store makes me want to go in and buy some Keebler version.

Can confirm, Keebler cookies are amazing, especially soft batch chocolate chip. Gonna have to see if they have a version for the GSC peanut butter patties but I'll settle for their peanut butter chocolate chip crack cookies, drat them's good.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

I like that y'all are assuming the kind of person who would own that gun would be the kind of person a lady would let impregnate her.

Or they could bring it around to their stupid buddies who somehow managed to have kids, one of them gets hold of it, and :suicide: we have a Darwin Award winner

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiiSsTwLDds&t=5s

:colbert:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Huh, had no idea battleship drifting was a thing

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

I find the individual and coordinated physical ability here mind-boggling. :psyduck:

It really is, it's basically very well coordinated and timed gymnastics with cool-looking finishing moves and weird-rear end personalities. Once you realize the amount of skill, timing, coordination, and overall level of trust needed to pull off a lot of these stunts/moves, it gives a whole new perspective and respect for what those guys do. One wrong move and you're somewhere between "slight injury" and "instant death", especially when guys are falling/jumping off ladders and cages that are at minimum 10-15' off the ground.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

A badass story from a badass fighter pilot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LVlYJ5eJU

Say Nothing posted:

6'8" 350lb Martyn Ford.

(He's the one on the right).

fidelcastro8032 posted:

Martyn Ford is impressive and all until he posed with Olivier Richters

It's like that video showing all the planets and stars from smallest to largest, in human form

Humanus Normalus > CY Martyn Majoris > O. Richters Giganticus

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Jul 28, 2016

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm the dude nonchalantly copping a feel of rhino titty :mmmhmm:

Blue Footed Boobytoucher

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

That kind of fear and reverence is really fascinating, actually. "Oh poo poo oh poo poo the mountain's on fire again WHO DID WE PISS OFF THIS TIME"

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

2 in the pink, 1 in the ink

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Rolo posted:

Hell yes. I used to work at the Tucson airport and got to see those suckers all the time.

Love me the warthog.

I love how they look - you can slot them into almost any era and they'd fit right in, design-wise. Such an awesome aircraft :black101:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Kennel posted:

Dinokiller asteroid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ankmTU89X_A

20 seconds after the impact: 30 km deep hole
2 minutes later: 20 km high mountain

Here's another satellite simulation showing the impact tsunami after the blast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcp0JhwNgmE&t=68s

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gorilla Salad posted:

This is definitely my poo poo.

Watching people who are really good at their job is almost hypnotic.

The goon here who made the smilie candies has a YT channel with all the old fashioned candy making stuff. It's really cool to watch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKnrFNsGpA

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Resourceful. Ironic. Terrifyingly crazy.

I like it :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wrestling can be pretty impressive as an exhibition of strength and endurance.

That and the incredible level of trust and timing involved by both people to get those moves perfect. One slip and it can be anything from a minor botch to a serious career-threatening injury.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Rube Goldberg descendant?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

How does something look like a giant fart? You got pungent green clouds wafting out your poo poo hole, maybe you should change your diet just sayin

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

It's like kool-aid... for your bootyTM

*breaks through wall rear end-first*

OOHH YEAAHHHH :yosbutt:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Robert Foerstemann! Those muscles are as strong as they look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VO7VMmSHCo

My new goal is to have glorious thighs like that, goddamn

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I don't think anyone was mad but a certain somebody definitely beat Randy Orton's brains in not too long ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZGMCnZd_8

This is why you never tell someone like Brock to make you bleed "hardway" aka without blading

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

Just wanna say that I really appreciate the posts in this thread of people with disabilities (I don't know if losing an arm is a disability but I'll just assume it is for this post), it feels a lot better to see folks referred to as bad rear end than them being laughed at.

I have a physical disability, that bit probably helps my post make more sense.

IMHO people with disabilities are more badass because they have to adapt and learn to function with less. Don't matter if it's someone born with a disability, a military vet, someone who survived cancer or some other disease - the fact that they're still doing what they can to enjoy life and not let their disability hold them back is awesome.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Really cool guy. Nothing better than seeing people who are absurdly good at what they do because they've been doing it forever.

Big cake works out to be about $3000 in today's money.

There's something really relaxing and soothing about it that I can't explain, it's really fascinating. I'd feel bad cutting and eating those cakes though, feels like defacing a work of art but I bet it's just as delicious as it looks.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Do these guys think melanoma is fake news?

No silly, it's a tiny cantaloupe

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Thor got into the MDMA again :ohdear:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

But that means....there's a plane up there without an engine, which is not safe at all.

That’s called a “glider”

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, I know where to look. It's just so fast that unless I go frame-by-frame I can't see it even if I know exactly where to put my eyes. I was able to find a slow motion angle:

Jesus, until I saw this I legit thought the guy who got knocked out gave himself an uppercut, it was so goddamn fast

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Memento posted:

Painkiller is basically the genre-defining work for speed metal.

Painkiller sounds like the E1M1 theme, even moreso than Master of Puppets :black101:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Aleph Null posted:

Son of Diva Plavalaguna.

Speaking of freakishly good vocals and awesome range...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xKM3mGt2pE

This version always gets me a little misty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I'd watch more golf if they added cool tricks & poo poo like this to regular games